Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-03-2010, 08:04 AM   #1
Sgran
High School Varsity

No keystrokes in CS4

The graphics guy in our office bought (yes, cash-money purchase for the real product) Creative Suite 4 here in Hungary, but Adobe does not offer support for the product here. The problem is that none of his keystroke commands work, including the arrow keys. If anyone has any ideas how to correct this we'd be most grateful.

Sgran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:12 AM   #2
boberot
High School Varsity

Apparently you are not alone. it is discussed here:

hxxp://indesignsecrets.com/the-missing-keystrokes-mystery.php
boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #3
Sgran
High School Varsity

I found this: InDesign CS4 starts with missing workspaces, keyboard shortcut sets, and/or other presets and resources (Windows)
It seems this is a common problem for users outside the US. Anyone experience this? Someone like Icy?
Old 02-03-2010, 08:26 AM   #4
Sgran
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by boberot View Post
Apparently you are not alone. it is discussed here:

hxxp://indesignsecrets.com/the-missing-keystrokes-mystery.php

thanks. i'll pass it along
Old 02-03-2010, 09:27 AM   #5
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgran View Post
I found this: InDesign CS4 starts with missing workspaces, keyboard shortcut sets, and/or other presets and resources (Windows)
It seems this is a common problem for users outside the US. Anyone experience this? Someone like Icy?

Everything works fine for me in CS4, but i use all my software in English including windows, as i find that when any software is translated, it always introduce new bugs, or it's not properly translated, making it even harder to underestand than using English directly.

I also find easier to get support or to simply copy&paste my problems or error codes in Google in English language and to get other users with the same problem.

The only suggestion i can give you is to try to add English as second language in windows and select it in the language bar when he uses the software giving him problems to see if it solves it.

Another option is to mess with the keyboard language settings in windows, as maybe some characters or key positions in your keyboard language are screwing something up.

Last edited by Icy : 02-03-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote