Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2004, 12:36 PM   #1
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

From The Swamp To The Penthouse: A Gainesville, FL QB's Career.

I've decided that I'd like to do one of these "follow one guy" dynasties on the side. I restarted TCY a few times until I got a QB recruit who might have a compelling storyline to me. On the third or fourth try, QB Wade Carr showed up. He's the #6 recruit in the nation, and the #1 QB. He hails from Gainesville (FL) Hgh School. Can he go from living in the shadow of The Swamp to livin' it up in the penthouse one day?

Here's how I'll be playing this career.

TCY: I've got the computer set to auto-manage everything for "my" team, an SC8 squad in Georgia. All settings are for a normal college football universe, using the bowl system.

FOF2K4: Starting with real NFL rosters and importing each TCY class as we go along. I'll very loosely control Arizona, letting the computer handle everything it can, but since it can't sign FA's, I'll sign a few each year to help keep the team competitive.

Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 12:43 PM   #2
Ben E Lou

THE SKINNY ON WADE CARR...

Height: 6'3"
Weight: 197
Born: 1985
High School: Gainesville (FL)
Major: Journalism
GPA: 2.60
Test Score: 1071
Rivals.com National rank: 6
Idolizes: Florida
Attitude: Good

My scout (good with QB's) rates him as 95 overall.

Likes ro Run: All the time
Strength: Medium Passing
Biggest Weakness: Long Passing
Ratings Consistency: Very Low
Athletic Prep: 73
Academic Prep: 41

He is lighting it up at Gainesville High. After 4 games, he's 89 for 134 for 181 yards with 6 TD's and 3 INT's.

Florida has a senior at QB, but three very good-looking youngsters as well: Jr. Antoine Germaine (39/78), Soph JB Whiting (25/89), and Sop Austin Garcia (21/77). They also have a mediocre frosh, Floyd Leopold (10/52). I wonder if they'll go after Mr. Carr, or will he get out of the shadow of The Swamp.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:47 PM   #3
Ben E Lou

WEEK ONE
Notre Dame and Savannah (my SC8 team) are the only two to make contact the first week. Carr is a Dist*/Prest guy.

On the field, Carr is 22 for 35 with 1 TD and 0 INT's. I mis-typed his yards last week, so I don't know how many yards he had, but he now has 2220 for the year.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:50 PM   #4
Ben E Lou

WEEK TWO
Florida comes off of a 70-0 win over San Jose State to get smoked 47-13 by Miami this week. They might be able to use Carr after all.

Ohio State comes a-callin' this week with a scholly offer. Carr throws for 451 yards and 2 TD's this week, pushing his totals on the year to 135 for 199 for 2671 yards with 9 Td's and 3 ints.
Old 04-10-2004, 12:57 PM   #5
Ben E Lou

WEEK THREE
After the Gators big loss last week, they finally come calling with a scholly ofer, and Carr is visiting there, as well as Miami. K-State, Oklahoma and Tennessee also offer, but the two Florida schools appear to lead the way. The Hurricanes probably have a better situation for Carr. They've got four good QB's, but all four of them will be gone after next year. The only other QB on the roster besides those four is a freshman walk-on. Carr would almost certainly start for four years in Miami.

On the field, Carr is 17 for 23 for 249 yards with 2 TD's and 0 INT's this week.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:01 PM   #6
Ben E Lou

WEEK FOUR
No new offers, and still only visiting the Gators and Hurricanes. On the field, Carr is 23 for 289 for 420 yards with 4 TD's and 2 INT's.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:03 PM   #7
Ben E Lou

WEEK FIVE
Still no changes in his scholly/visit situation. He has a less-stellar on-field performance this week: 18 for 30, 339 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:06 PM   #8
Ben E Lou

WEEK SIX
No big surprise. Carr committed to the Gators this week. Fast-simming through the rest of the season now. He was named All-State, but not All-American.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:20 PM   #9
Ben E Lou

2003 RECAP

Florida finished 10-3, defeating Oregon 55-13 in the Outback Bowl. Starting QB Zach Caminiti was a Heisman Contender, and will be moving on due to graduation. The Gators should be deep at QB next year with Carr's arrival.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:27 PM   #10
Ben E Lou

FRESHMAN YEAR BEGINNING

Carr shows up at Florida rated 37/100, the highest potential rating among the Gator QB corps. He gained 13 pounds, up to 210. Antoine Germaine (39/78) appears to be his biggest challenger for playing time. Here's the rest of his info:

Likes To Run: very little
Strength: very long passing
Biggest Weakness: avoid interceptions
Ratings Consistency: average
Popularity: good
Aspiration: 32
Intelligence: 42
Happiness: 49
Old 04-10-2004, 01:30 PM   #11
Ben E Lou

At the end of the Roster Management phase, I check the Florida roster and see that Wade Carr has been red-shirted, so I'll be quick-simming this season. Here are his time management numbers:

Practice: 22
Study Hall: 16
Weights: 10
Football Study: 35
Relaxatioin: 17
Old 04-10-2004, 01:39 PM   #12
Ben E Lou

2004 RECAP:

Gonna be an interesting situation next year. Antoine Germaine won the dadgum Heisman, and has one year of eligibility left. He was 329 for 548 for 4,510 yards with 41 TD's and 21 INT's on the year! Florida went 12-1, losing 24-20 to FSU in week 4 for their only blemish. They defeated 'Bama 35-7 for the SEC title, and beat UCLA 27-20 in the Rose Bowl to finish #4 in the nation.
Old 04-10-2004, 01:45 PM   #13
Ben E Lou

I didn't pay close enough attention to Carr's year-end info. He failed Chemistry and will be sitting the 2005 season out. His numbers grew to 60/100 and he is up to 219 pounds. No QB controversy this year at Florida. His management numbers this year:

Practice: 22
Study Hall: 23
Weights: 8
Football Study: 29
Relaxatioin: 18

His happiness rose to 55. Still no girlfriend. Quicksimming....
Old 04-10-2004, 01:54 PM   #14
Ben E Lou

2005 RECAP

The Gators went 10-3, won the SEC Championship game, but then lost 35-20 to UCLA in the Sugar Bowl. QB Germaine tore a knee ligament after four games,and Austin Garcia, who has one more year of eligibility, stepped in. He was decent, but not great. Carr passed all of his classes this year, and should start next year.
Old 04-10-2004, 04:46 PM   #15
Ben E Lou

DADGUMMIT!!!! THE DUMB S.O.B. LEFT COLLEGE!!! Probably due to his bad grades, but that really stinks. I'm going to restart with a new recruit. I'd really like to have a guy with some college stats to do this...
Old 04-11-2004, 11:37 PM   #16
JeeberD
General Manager

Doh, that sucks! I was enjoying the storyline so far. Hopefully you can get another one underway soon...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 04:44 AM   #17
Ben E Lou

Gonna redo very soon....as in, like...now.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:18 PM   #18
wahoomac
Mascot

Too bad this didn't work out for you, I was enjoying the Dynasty a lot. It also helps that I live less than a mile from Gainesville High and also went to UF, which made this much more interesting to me (although I am also interested in your 4 GA recruits). Thanks for sharing.