Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-22-2003, 09:57 AM   #1
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

The Marmel Postgame NFL Show, Week 3

Welcome to the Week 3 postgame show! As you know by now, the Marmel NFL Show celebrates everything good that happened on Sunday. If you disagree with me, then you are wrong. It is pretty simple here. I tell you what made me happy, and you come here to agree. We all celebrate and have fun. This week, I have a special treat for you guys: We celebrate and injury this week! Woohoo, can you guess who it is?

Starting with the Steelers and Bengals. I really have no feelings whatsoever about the Steelers (Pixsburg Joe would be pissed at me, but that is another story). But the Bengals, oh how I love to see them lose. I don't know why because it is not like I hate that team. I just find it funny that they are practically guaranteed to lose every week, every single year. Nice job guys! *thumbs up*

I will repeat what I said last week. The Chiefs rise to 3-0 reminds me of the 99 Rams. Same coach too. Go Dick Vermeil. I am picking them for the Superbowl, right here and right now.

Viking/Lions - Why do they bother playing some of these games.

Buccs/Falcons - One team has to lose, and that is a good thing. I would rather have seen Tampa lose, but Atlanta at 1-2 is a pretty sight.

Colts win. They are 3-0. I actually like Manning. I love Harrison. Dungy is a good coach. Good for the Colts!

Titans/Saints - I guess McNair is the best quarterback in the league. He had a nice game and I am happy to see the Saints lose.

Jets/Patriots - Another no win situation for me. Who won? Who cares, really?

My Giants won, barely. Watching them has stopped being fun. It does not make me happy. Even when they win. Still, when that OT field goal was good I jumped around the house like a school girl. Which is fitting, since I was dressed like a schoolgirl last night as well, but we'll save that for a slow week.

Are the 49ers really 1-2? This is terrific news! To watch them fall apart and lose to the Brown, a pretty crappy team, was beautiful. Normally, something like this would be the highlight of the weekend. It might have been only the 2nd best thing on the weekend. But still......1-2 for the Niners!

Rams/Seahawks - I had to save the best for last. First, I told you last week, I liked Holmgren, and his team is off to a 3-0 start. That is great. Good for him, and good for that team which has not won anything (divisions or high draft picks) in a while. That alone makes this a good game.

But the Rams, oh those Rams. You all know how I feel about the Rams.

Seeing the Rams drop a close one makes me estatic. Seeing the look on Martz' face when they lose makes me giddy. Seeing Marshall-Marshall-Marshall taken off the field with a broken hand is the best thing since school girl uniforms! I told you we would cheer an injury or two this season. I reserve the right to do so in this beautiful circumstances. Martz 1-2, Warner Benched, Faulk Out, Bruce slower than Cecil Fielder (Ok, I am stretching it), add all that up and I almost wish I was living in St. Louis again. Then I think about living in St. Louis and I am glad I said ALMOST.

So, let's recap:

Top 5 Moments over the weekend (in no particular order):

Rams lose
49ers lose
Giants win
Chief win
Colt win

Monday Night Prediction:

I benched Gannon on my fantasy football team in favor of Bulger. I had high hopes for Gannon, but now I hope his teams sucks. Denver by 20.

Player of the week:

Ike Hilliard. Lost in the shadow of Amani Toomer, Ike had 58 yards and a pair of touchdowns!

Goat of the week:

Marshall Faulk. Hoe does one go and break his hand?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."

Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 10:14 AM   #2
Swaggs
Coordinator

Go Stillers!
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 10:20 AM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Re: The Marmel Postgame NFL Show, Week 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Marmel

Buccs/Falcons - One team has to lose, and that is a good thing. I would rather have seen Tampa lose, but Atlanta at 1-2 is a pretty sight.

Keep this up and I won't invite your wife over for pizza anymore...

Quote:
Originally posted by Marmel

My Giants won, barely. Watching them has stopped being fun. It does not make me happy. Even when they win. Still, when that OT field goal was good I jumped around the house like a school girl. Which is fitting, since I was dressed like a schoolgirl last night as well, but we'll save that for a slow week.

Any structural damage?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 10:23 AM   #4
cuervo72
Head Coach

Re: Re: The Marmel Postgame NFL Show, Week 3

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan T

Any structural damage?

Reminds me of college, where a friend put his butt through one of the dorm common area walls while we were playing nerf basketball....
Old 09-22-2003, 10:26 AM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

Marmel, it's nice to actually be able to agree with you on occasion... outside of college basketball it actually seems to happen every once in awhile!

The falcons at 1-2 rocks And yeah, I like Manning, I like Harrison, I like Dungy. I don't know why I like any of them, but Marvin Harrison is my favorite non-panther in the NFL over the last 3 years... I have no idea why.

Same with Seattle. I just want to see them do well for some reason.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote