Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2005, 06:20 AM   #1
maximus
Banned

Just had a weird feeling.

I just had a feeling that John Travolta is going to die in a plane crash soon. :/

I got this feeling a few days ago but had it again while driving home from work this morning. I get these "feelings" sometimes and about 80% of the time the come to past. It's kinda weird as I have had these since I was a child.

edited to add:

It will be in a small plane (charter maybe?)

Last edited by maximus : 06-21-2005 at 12:38 PM.
maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 06:52 AM   #2
Blackadar
Retired

One can only hope...

j/k (sort of)
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 07:07 AM   #3
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Isn't he a pilot?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:06 AM   #4
21C
College Prospect

Quick . . . next week's Lotto numbers!
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:14 AM   #5
hhiipp
College Prospect

If this does happen we're going to have to send the link to CNN and FoxNews and maximus will become famous.
hhiipp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:16 AM   #6
Ksyrup

I just had a feeling someone associated with a Minneapolis rock group died.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-21-2005, 08:16 AM   #7
CraigSca
Pro Starter

uh huh.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:20 AM   #8
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
I just had a feeling someone associated with a Minneapolis rock group died.

Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:22 AM   #9
Ksyrup

Sucks to have throat cancer at 40. I just found out someone I worked with a few years ago has breast cancer that is quite advanced, and she's 36 or so. I'm getting awfully close to those ages...
Old 06-21-2005, 08:24 AM   #10
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Sucks to have throat cancer at 40. I just found out someone I worked with a few years ago has breast cancer that is quite advanced, and she's 36 or so. I'm getting awfully close to those ages...

Indeed. I was hopefull that he would pull thru.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:31 AM   #11
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Uhm... who died?
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:34 AM   #12
Ksyrup

The bassist for Soul Asylum.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:35 AM   #13
Ksyrup

Soul Asylum bassist dead at 41

Karl Mueller co-founded 'Grave Dancers Union' band

NEW YORK (Billboard) -- Karl Mueller, bassist and founding member of the Minneapolis-based rock act Soul Asylum, died Friday at his home, according to the Minneapolis-St. Paul Star Tribune. He was 41.

Diagnosed with throat cancer in May 2004, Mueller underwent radiation treatment and was said to have been in and out of the hospital in recent months.

In the early 1980s, Mueller formed Loud Fast Rules with singer/guitarist Dave Pirner and drummer Dan Murphy, a band that became Soul Asylum three years later. After a period of underground notoriety, the band achieved mainstream success with its 1992 breakthrough, "Grave Dancers Union" (Columbia).

The album peaked at No. 11 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 2.14 million copies in the United Stated, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The set featured the single "Runaway Train," which peaked at No. 5 on the Hot 100.

Mueller's cancer was in remission in October when such veterans of the Minneapolis music scene as the Replacements' Paul Westerberg and Husker Du's Bob Mould staged a benefit concert to help with spiraling medical costs. Mueller also joined his bandmates for a Soul Asylum performance at the show.

The Star Tribune reports that Mueller, Pirner and Murphy recorded a new Soul Asylum album earlier this year and had been "negotiating with a major label" for its release.

A memorial service will be held at noon Wednesday at Lakewood Cemetery Chapel in Minneapolis.

In Mueller's paid obituary in the Star Tribune, Pirner, Murphy and former Soul Asylum road manager Bill Sullivan are listed as "bandmates and brothers," even though the bassist was an only child. He is survived by his wife, Mary Beth, and his mother, Mary.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:41 AM   #14
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Phew - I thought you were speaking about Morris Day or one of the Time.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:46 AM   #15
Ksyrup

That's not rock.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:47 AM   #16
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I just had a feeling that millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced . . .
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:48 AM   #17
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I had something similar happen about 15 years ago. I was driving in the car with my dad, when I said "I think mom just got into a wreck." What was strange about that is she had never been in a wreck before, and had never even gotten a ticket. Sure enough, we got home, and in about 5 minutes my mom called, saying she had been in a wreck, had totalled my car, and we needed to pick her up. Very disquieting.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:50 AM   #18
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
I just had a feeling that millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced . . .
My cousin lives in Alderaan, and I haven't heard from him in a few days.....
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:52 AM   #19
Suicane75
Coordinator

This one time I was watching A football game and my friend was like "He's gonna do it, he's gonna win it for us, WIN IT ALL, HE'S THE MAN!" And I said, "he's gonna bend over and throw the fuck up."
Old 06-21-2005, 08:53 AM   #20
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang

Those were the voices of the carrots.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:08 AM   #21
Franklinnoble
Banned

That's no moon...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:10 AM   #22
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

That's no moon...
Old 06-21-2005, 11:13 AM   #23
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Phew - I thought you were speaking about Morris Day or one of the Time.

Not even close to funny. I hung out with Jerome & Bean. Good guys... Although I have a strange feeling one, no maybe both of them had breakfast this morning.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:21 AM   #24
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
That's no moon...

Deja-Vu..
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 06-21-2005, 11:27 AM   #25
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75
This one time I was watching A football game and my friend was like "He's gonna do it, he's gonna win it for us, WIN IT ALL, HE'S THE MAN!" And I said, "he's gonna bend over and throw the fuck up."
With 5:02 left in the 3rd period and the Lakers trailing 484-0, Lakers' forward Rick Fox appeared to lean over and vomit blood.

Last edited by MJ4H : 06-21-2005 at 11:28 AM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 11:42 AM   #26
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
With 5:02 left in the 3rd period and the Lakers trailing 484-0, Lakers' forward Rick Fox appeared to lean over and vomit blood.

The things they put into video games...
Old 06-21-2005, 11:52 AM   #27
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman

Awesome.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:12 PM   #28
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn&TheLions
The things they put into video games...

If it's in the game...
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:17 PM   #29
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
If it's in the game...

Is it true that they also included Sprewell choking Carlisemo as a feature?

Now if they include drunk asshat fans in Auburn Hills, Michigan!!!
Old 06-21-2005, 12:19 PM   #30
Ksyrup

O'Smiles looks like he is about to jump into the crowd.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:28 PM   #31
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
I had something similar happen about 15 years ago. I was driving in the car with my dad, when I said "I think mom just got into a wreck." What was strange about that is she had never been in a wreck before, and had never even gotten a ticket. Sure enough, we got home, and in about 5 minutes my mom called, saying she had been in a wreck, had totalled my car, and we needed to pick her up. Very disquieting.

At the age of eleven years old I "predicted" my mothers death at the age of 48. I wrote it down on a piece of paper. Along with that I wrote down that her friend was going to get cancer at the age of 63. Both came true.

As for my mothers death I didn't know how she would die and in fact told nobody about this "feeling" I had. However, this feeling was more like a voice that didn't speak out load but yet "spoke in silence". What "speaking in silence" means is that a person gets this feeling as if you were told something but yet words aren't spoken. I get these all the time before certain things come to pass.

Other examples were car accidents and other dangerous things that I completely avoided. For example, I would get this feeling "don't go down that street as danger will appear". But again, this feeling was more of a confidence that I already knew because I was told somehow. I don't "hear voices" in my head. I have a confidence that I already know about what is going to happen.

Later on in my life I started to have fun with people about it. For example, one night at work (at my old job about 3 years ago) my co-workers and I were talking about these types of "feelings". I had explained (as I did just now) that I get feelings sometimes of things before they happen. I also explained that I could easily guess a card, a number..ect, ect that a person was either thinking or holding up. There were at least 10 people in the break-room at the time and each person asked me what number they were thinking from 1-20. I got each one right. Other examples were my wife holdiong a deck of cards at home once. She asked me what card she would have in her hand and out of like 6 or seven times I guessed 5 correctly.

Here's the catch though, I can't just simply guess at doing these type of things. They have to come to me before asked OR sometimes right after asked. I cannot think about it because then my mind/heart will guess what the number or card is and then Im wrong. But like I said, if it comes to me before asked or immedialty after asked I say the correct answer nearly all the time. One exmple of that was that my wife and I were playing around one night (talking about what we are right here) and she would sit and watch TV time would go past,ect, ect and then all of a sudden she would ask (out of the blue) "what number am I thinking" I would then tell her. In fact, I have even told people what they were thinking before they asked me or even if they didnt want to know that I knew. I know this all sounds strange but its true. I even get confused at times as to why I am like this. When I used to go to church a lot the pastors used to tell me that God had given me the "discerning of spirits" gift.

edit: spelling

Last edited by maximus : 06-21-2005 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:35 PM   #32
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus
When I used to go to church a lot the pastors used to tell me that God had given me the "discerning of spirits" gift.

Alot of bartenders I know have this gift too...
Old 06-21-2005, 12:43 PM   #33
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

If he floats, then he's a witch!
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:06 PM   #34
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Regarding the question about Travolta being a pilot.

He is actually a pilot of some skill. He used to fly around on his own lear, or possibly Gulf Stream, but now moves about the country on his own 737. He usually doesn't fly it, but I believe he has some hours in it.

I saw something on the Discovery channel, I think, once about an air traffic controller getting a call from a pilot attempting to land in the Baltimore area. The pilot was flying a private jet at night, and had experienced a complete electrical failure in his panel. He was flying in Instrument only conditions, and had essentially lost all of his instruments. The ATC and the pilot kept up a near continuous discourse as the pilot looked for a way down through the clouds. Finally he found an opening, and brought the plane down through the clouds to where he could fly visually, yet still without the benefit of instruments. Once the pilot had safely landed, the controller wanted to shake his hand, because not many pilots would have been able to land given those same circumstances. The controller was quite surprised when he met the pilot, and it was John Travolta.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:17 PM   #35
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

This is, no joke, Travolta's house:

HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 01:20 PM   #36
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne
Regarding the question about Travolta being a pilot.

He is actually a pilot of some skill. He used to fly around on his own lear, or possibly Gulf Stream, but now moves about the country on his own 737. He usually doesn't fly it, but I believe he has some hours in it.

He really took his role in Look Who's Talking Now to heart...
Old 06-21-2005, 01:27 PM   #37
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerJSimpson
This is, no joke, Travolta's house:

You'd think the dude could spend a few bucks on some decent landscaping...
Old 06-21-2005, 01:28 PM   #38
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
You'd think the dude could spend a few bucks on some decent landscaping...

Or at least a hanger to house the other 90% of his planes.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:32 PM   #39
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
At the age of eleven years old I "predicted" my mothers death at the age of 48. I wrote it down on a piece of paper. Along with that I wrote down that her friend was going to get cancer at the age of 63. Both came true.

As for my mothers death I didn't know how she would die and in fact told nobody about this "feeling" I had. However, this feeling was more like a voice that didn't speak out load but yet "spoke in silence". What "speaking in silence" means is that a person gets this feeling as if you were told something but yet words aren't spoken. I get these all the time before certain things come to pass.

Other examples were car accidents and other dangerous things that I completely avoided. For example, I would get this feeling "don't go down that street as danger will appear". But again, this feeling was more of a confidence that I already knew because I was told somehow. I don't "hear voices" in my head. I have a confidence that I already know about what is going to happen.

Later on in my life I started to have fun with people about it. For example, one night at work (at my old job about 3 years ago) my co-workers and I were talking about these types of "feelings". I had explained (as I did just now) that I get feelings sometimes of things before they happen. I also explained that I could easily guess a card, a number..ect, ect that a person was either thinking or holding up. There were at least 10 people in the break-room at the time and each person asked me what number they were thinking from 1-20. I got each one right. Other examples were my wife holdiong a deck of cards at home once. She asked me what card she would have in her hand and out of like 6 or seven times I guessed 5 correctly.

Here's the catch though, I can't just simply guess at doing these type of things. They have to come to me before asked OR sometimes right after asked. I cannot think about it because then my mind/heart will guess what the number or card is and then Im wrong. But like I said, if it comes to me before asked or immedialty after asked I say the correct answer nearly all the time. One exmple of that was that my wife and I were playing around one night (talking about what we are right here) and she would sit and watch TV time would go past,ect, ect and then all of a sudden she would ask (out of the blue) "what number am I thinking" I would then tell her. In fact, I have even told people what they were thinking before they asked me or even if they didnt want to know that I knew. I know this all sounds strange but its true. I even get confused at times as to why I am like this. When I used to go to church a lot the pastors used to tell me that God had given me the "discerning of spirits" gift.

edit: spelling
Regarding accidents I have had similar ones in my intuition too. Somehow I end up getting distracted by an errand and pass by a certain intersection where an accident took place only minutes before.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:36 PM   #40
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

When it rains, I always have a feeling that it will be wet outside when the rain has ended, and I haven't been wrong yet.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:04 PM   #41
QuikSand
lolzcat

Go win your million dollars, and stop wasting time fiddling around in this thread.

JREF Million Dollar Challenge

excerpt:

Quote:
The Foundation is committed to providing reliable information about paranormal claims. It both supports and conducts original research into such claims.

At JREF, we offer a one-million-dollar prize to anyone who can show, under proper observing conditions, evidence of any paranormal, supernatural, or occult power or event. The JREF does not involve itself in the testing procedure, other than helping to design the protocol and approving the conditions under which a test will take place. All tests are designed with the participation and approval of the applicant. In most cases, the applicant will be asked to perform a relatively simple preliminary test of the claim, which if successful, will be followed by the formal test. Preliminary tests are usually conducted by associates of the JREF at the site where the applicant lives. Upon success in the preliminary testing process, the "applicant" becomes a "claimant."

To date, no one has ever passed the preliminary tests.

Last edited by QuikSand : 06-21-2005 at 02:07 PM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:06 PM   #42
QuikSand
lolzcat

By the way, it would not be fair of me to overlook saying that at least the thread-starter here had the balls to say "I have the feeling this is going to happen," rather than the far-more-common "gee, I had a funy feeling that was going to happen," which we hear all the time. So, kudos for the effort, at least.

Last edited by QuikSand : 06-21-2005 at 02:06 PM.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:09 PM   #43
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
A few years ago my mom told me that a friend of ours was pregnant...the first thought that hit me was that she wasn't going to carry the baby to term. about 6 weeks later she miscarried. It's happened with a few other things, like I'll think about someone I haven't talked to in a long time and think "I should call them", but for whatever reason I don't, and then a day later they call me - that is creepy.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:12 PM   #44
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
Go win your million dollars, and stop wasting time fiddling around in this thread.

JREF Million Dollar Challenge

LOL. I'm not supernatural.

In all seriousness, I can't really do anything when asked. These feelings I get come "out of the blue". I mean, at times if Im in the right mind I can do when asked but that is rare for me. However, the "out of the blue" feelings are a few times per week. Its been that way my whole life. It can get frustrating sometimes too.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:12 PM   #45
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
By the way, it would not be fair of me to overlook saying that at least the thread-starter here had the balls to say "I have the feeling this is going to happen," rather than the far-more-common "gee, I had a funy feeling that was going to happen," which we hear all the time. So, kudos for the effort, at least.

I had a feeling you were going to say that...
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:14 PM   #46
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee
I had a feeling you were going to say that...
I had a feeling you were going to say that about quiksands response about the thread topic.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:15 PM   #47
maximus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
A few years ago my mom told me that a friend of ours was pregnant...the first thought that hit me was that she wasn't going to carry the baby to term. about 6 weeks later she miscarried. It's happened with a few other things, like I'll think about someone I haven't talked to in a long time and think "I should call them", but for whatever reason I don't, and then a day later they call me - that is creepy.

Yeah, its amazing isn't it. My plant shut down last year. I went to work one day and had a feeling (more like a silent voice to me) that our plant was going to close. I had no prior knowledge that is was going to occur nor was there any evidence that it might prior to that day.

I've even had feelings about my own death. How I will die and age.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:18 PM   #48
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:

In all seriousness, I can't really do anything when asked. These feelings I get come "out of the blue". I mean, at times if Im in the right mind I can do when asked but that is rare for me. However, the "out of the blue" feelings are a few times per week. Its been that way my whole life. It can get frustrating sometimes too.

Don't sell yourself short. Precognition is specifically listed as "paranormal" on the JREF site.

I'd gladly chip in to pay for your notary fees for the application.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 02:20 PM   #49
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:

I'm sure they'd be fairly happy to let you document your series of premonitions over a reasonable period of time, and assess their veracity in some controlled way. If you really are predicting the future, I suspect you'd win the prize. If you are just subconsciously putting together bits of information that lead to seemingly reasonable outcomes, and then noticing the ones that come true and not the rest... then I suspect you won't win the prize.

A million dollars sounds like it would be worth pursuing. But that's just me.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:21 PM   #50
Kodos
Resident Alien

Man, I'm tellin' you, I got a bad feeling about this drop.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote