Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-05-2005, 10:41 AM   #1
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Ping: Any San Diego Padres fans

What exactly did Xavier Nady do, sleep with Bruce Bochy's wife? I drafted Nady as a sleeper in my fantasy draft and was pleasently suprised by the start he had to the season. Now this isn't to say that I expect him to play over Klesko, Giles, and Roberts. But why is he like option 17 on their depth chart?

panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 10:48 AM   #2
Joe
Pro Starter

he had a sex sandwich with Bochy's wife and his sister.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 11:00 AM   #3
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Are you talking about recent events? Sweeney has a better bat than X, even though X's defense is better. The organization is still sold on keeping Burroughs at 3rd. However, I have a feeling that Burroughs could be traded (to bring in a much needed SP5). The Pads had a their best month ever (and one of the best months ever in baseball) in part due to their bench strength, esp Sweeney. Boch wasn't going to break what had been working. Right now, they are going up a very hot Cubs team but still keeping a solid hold on 1st. We'll see how the next 6 weeks play out in terms X, Nevin and Burroughs.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 11:01 AM   #4
Logan
Head Coach

I remember Nady being talked up as "the next coming" a few years back. Haven't heard much of him since.

EDITED TO ADD: Same thing with Burroughs.

Last edited by Logan : 06-05-2005 at 11:02 AM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 06:24 AM   #5
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Are you talking about recent events? Sweeney has a better bat than X, even though X's defense is better. The organization is still sold on keeping Burroughs at 3rd. However, I have a feeling that Burroughs could be traded (to bring in a much needed SP5). The Pads had a their best month ever (and one of the best months ever in baseball) in part due to their bench strength, esp Sweeney. Boch wasn't going to break what had been working. Right now, they are going up a very hot Cubs team but still keeping a solid hold on 1st. We'll see how the next 6 weeks play out in terms X, Nevin and Burroughs.

I guess I understand the point about if it aint broke don't fix it, but I have seen Burroughs and this Jackson guy get a lot more playing time and produce a whole lot less. Like I said my perpective is strictly from a fantasy standpoint, but it seems like Nady could do a lot more for the team than he actually is being allowed to do.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:51 PM   #6
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

See what happens when they give this guy some consecutive starts and confidence? I swear I will never understand his situation in San Diego.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:54 PM   #7
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

The Padres can take Kyle Lohse off of the Twins' hands whenever they want.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:39 AM   #8
Buccaneer
Head Coach

panerd, but he is known as the Super-Sub. With all of their injuries to starters now, it's good to have someone who can play at 5-6 position and be effective. If you lock him into a position (say 3b), then Bochy loses that flexibility in other positions. Most Pads fans would love to see Burroughs traded and X starting there but Burroughs has better defense at 3b. I think, however, the starters will be a revolving door on the DL so we'll see X more frequently.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote