Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2001, 04:00 PM   #1
Peanut
n00b

Post Morgado can you tell me how to insert screenshots in a post please?

Hi i am Peanut. Can Morgado or someone tell me how to insert screenshots into one of these posts? Im having a tough time copying one in from the paint program. I have a bug i would like to report and would like to use a screenshot to help explain it. Thanks.

Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2001, 06:43 PM   #2
Morgado
High School JV

Quote:
Originally posted by Peanut:
Hi i am Peanut. Can Morgado or someone tell me how to insert screenshots into one of these posts? Im having a tough time copying one in from the paint program. I have a bug i would like to report and would like to use a screenshot to help explain it. Thanks.

Okay, here's exactly what i'm doing:

1. Open an account on Geocities or any of those other free webspace BS companies' servers. Make sure you use a fake E-mail account on Hotmail, Juno or something like that because the account you give them will get spammed beyond belief with crap E-mail.

2. Take a screencapture with any of a multitude of programs. I use the free Analog X Capture program available on Tucows. This will create a BMP file.

3. Now go into Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop or some other graphics manipulation program to crop the screenshot down to size and more importantly to convert the thing to a JPEG at lowest quality level. This step is cruscial because nobody wants to load a graphic that's humangous. You can do some cutting and pasting like me and squeeze in more info per row of pixels by cutting away the crap that the EA's interface tagged onto the game.

4. Upload the graphic to your free webspace account via FTP or whatever you feel comfy with. I just use the command line FTP included with Win9x since i'm used to it.

5. In your post on this board, include a link to the graphic. What you must actually type depends on which board you post on. For example, on this board you can only use UBB Code and not HTML code... so the familiar IMG SRC HTML tag will not work. It took me about 15 minutes before I realized that and had to hunt down the UBB code to do so in the board's help files. You can find the instructuions for embedding a picture in the UBB Code help file.