Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #1
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Whither your first love?

Kind of curious how many people know the status/whereabouts of their first love? Married to them? Lost track of them completely? Know vaguely where/how they are now? Married to your brother?

Define that however you like, whatever counts to you as your "first love" works for my purposes.

JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #2
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I will take "first love" to mean first girlfriend. I think she still lives in Ann Arbor. I am not really sure. I've only ever been mildly curious at best as to what she's been doing.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #3
cuervo72
Head Coach

Haven't really had many loves, at least not reciprocal. So...married I guess.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #4
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

The weekend before I moved from OKC to D.C., I had to do a remote from a home and garden show. I actually saw my high school girlfriend there with her family and had a chance to talk to her/them for a few minutes. She's married to a doctor, two kids, and loving life. It was great to catch up with her and find out she was doing well. Also, her mom was diagnosed with breast cancer about a year after we split up, and it was fantastic to see that she was still alive and doing well.

It was a really good experience, but it's not like we've stayed in touch.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:38 AM   #5
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

She cheated. She has over the years tried to make peace with me and recently we got back on speaking terms. I am civil with her but I am not sure if I can ever allow her to get close to me again because I get kinda weak around her. I believe she is single although I never asked or even care to know.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:43 AM   #6
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Sorry, Jon, I don't really have a serious answer, but here's the lame Pumpy comedy response:

My first love died in 1994 with the Expos (!) in first place. I never really followed baseball the same way after the strike.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #7
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

In case anybody wondered, the reason for the question is pretty simple: I heard from mine this week for the first time in over 20 years.

Nothing huge, just a short message on Facebook, but I thought it was really very cool. Now before anybody gets themselves worked up or worried or whatever, it's nothing inappropriate nor do I think my reaction is.

Since she's remained in my hometown throughout, I basically knew who she remarried (after a disastrous first marriage to a real jerk), knew a few details related to their kid because my sister would see them around school events & stuff and occasionally mentioned seeing them or whatever.

The relationship, which was basically my senior year of HS and ended early in the summer after graduation, did NOT end well. Mucho teenage drama, 'nuff said. I think we spoke a couple of times a few years after that but but even that contact was kind of ... awkward. We hadn't spoken since, just living in different worlds basically.

A few months ago her husband sent me a FB friend request, nothing odd, I've known him my whole life. One of those "add me 'cause we know each other" deals, no contact between us at all otherwise. A few weeks back I got a friend request from her which I thought was cool, only contact was game related stuff, nothing personal.

And then when the message appeared in my inbox I was pretty shocked. Like I said, the usual stuff from HS friends, a comment about my kid, one reference to my taste in music & her recollection of concerts together.

The part that really made me happy about it though was that I finally know that we're cool, that there's no lingering issues or angst or regrets or hard feelings or whatever on her part. And, think what you will about it, that made me happy. No matter how your life turns out, your first love is still that. Doesn't mean you feel the same way about them or would be interested again or anything else ... but they're still first, y'know?

Or does the FOFC think I'm batshit for even caring one bit?

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 01-27-2010 at 10:45 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 AM   #8
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Dude, snap out of it. You seem to be getting all soft and gooey on us. Kinda creeping me out.

As for me, guess that would be my ex-wife. I would assume she is in Florida with her family. Haven't heard from her since the divorce back in 99, nor do I expect to or want to.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:52 AM   #9
Rizon
Pro Starter

Don't know, don't care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:54 AM   #10
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Dude, snap out of it. You seem to be getting all soft and gooey on us. Kinda creeping me out.

Have no fear 'stang, it's not like I care what FOFC thinks of what I think about it, I'm just curious that's all

And I am kind of curious what the norm seems to be about what you do/don't know about your first love's current status.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #11
digamma
Torchbearer

Alyssa Milano is probably dating another baseball player.

Wait, I think she got married recently.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #12
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Alyssa Milano is probably dating another baseball player. Wait, I think she got married recently.

I knew I should have clarified that I meant "Your first love that knows you exist".

My bad.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:59 AM   #13
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Have no fear 'stang, it's not like I care what FOFC thinks of what I think about it, I'm just curious that's all

And I am kind of curious what the norm seems to be about what you do/don't know about your first love's current status.

Nah - it's a good and interesting question.

I've at times lamented that I didn't have someone like that in Jr High...or HS...or college...but, I figure it is cleaner and safer that way, especially in the age of Facebook.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 01-27-2010 at 11:00 AM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #14
DanGarion
Coordinator

Crazy bitch is on Facebook. She's still in Orange County, and we've exchanged a message or two.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #15
MJ4H
Coordinator

This girl in kindergarten came up and randomly kissed me one day*. Not sure if that counts or not but I have no idea where she is. My first girlfriend is a facebook friend of mine now, so I know where she is.

Spoiler
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:22 AM   #16
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
This girl in kindergarten came up and randomly kissed me one day*. Not sure if that counts or not but I have no idea where she is. My first girlfriend is a facebook friend of mine now, so I know where she is.

Spoiler

Great stuff sir. I thought the damage her cervix line would not go over well with this crowd but I am glad it did. Great parody.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #17
chesapeake
College Starter

I hadn't thought about her in years. Through the magicks of teh googles, I see that a few years ago she was still in my hometown and was good friends with a reporter that has since died.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #18
Airhog
Captain Obvious

Mine is dead. She committed suicide about 4 years after we departed

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:12 PM   #19
RedKingGold
College Starter

Married with Child.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:56 PM   #20
boberot
High School Varsity

Quote:

The part that really made me happy about it though was that I finally know that we're cool, that there's no lingering issues or angst or regrets or hard feelings or whatever on her part. And, think what you will about it, that made me happy. No matter how your life turns out, your first love is still that. Doesn't mean you feel the same way about them or would be interested again or anything else ... but they're still first, y'know?

Freakin' bleeding heart.

boberot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #21
Celeval
Pro Starter

First love - married her
First crush - nothing since she moved out of the house next door to my grandparents after 4th grade
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:06 PM   #22
JS19
College Prospect

Still keep in contact, but not as much anymore. She was a High School girlfriend, so we have all the same friends and whatnot. Actually, I considered her one of my better friends until recently, no hard feeling afterwards, pretty mutual split, but her recent lifestyle choices have made me want to phase her out. I can't confirm this whatsoever, but based upon her choices I've come to the conclusion she is getting into the whole drug scene. Perhaps I'm just batshit crazy and have the wrong idea, but every time I hear a story about her from one of our friends, she just sounds like a mess.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:17 PM   #23
Autumn
Head Coach

I still keep in occasional contact with mine, every few years I"ll get a phone call or message from her, then things drift apart again. I'm definitely one for keeping tabs on people like that from my past though, and would be excited to hear from one.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:24 PM   #24
Drake
assmaster

First love - married her...then divorced her. We co-parent a son in college now.
First crush - just got friended by her on FB like a month ago. I've enjoyed catching up with her and finding out about her parents, seeing pictures of her kids, etc. Like Jon, nothing inappropriate.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #25
-apoc-
H.S. Freshman Team

I dont think I really loved any of my former girlfriends but if I did I have no idea where any of them are nor do I care. So I will say I am still with my first real love though we still refuse to get married after 11 years
Old 01-27-2010, 03:19 PM   #26
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Well, that was a surprise. Last time I had talked to her, about 12 years ago, she was engaged and moving with her fiancé to Wisconsin.
After a little light internet stalking I now know that she is teaching at a charter school about 4 miles from where we grew up in Portland. (For a moment I thought she was fronting a bluegrass band in Tennessee) She’s going by her maiden name, so either she never took his name or is divorced. Whichever, I hope she’s happy.

And on a whim I googled my girlfriend from college; I knew she had gotten married a while ago, but that was it. Turns out she married some lawyer and is living in Beverly Hills now. Tip of the hat to you, sweaty, good call on that one.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:26 PM   #27
sabotai
General Manager

Was with her for 7 years. Talked to her once after we finally broke up for good. That was about 4 years ago. No idea where she is or what she's up to.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:11 PM   #28
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

My first crush was Connie Sellecca. And, yes, she knows I exist. I have the restraining order to prove it. The only thing she's doing these days is John Tesh, and I really wish I didn't know that.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #29
chesapeake
College Starter

Because of this thread, I googled the three women I had semi- to serious relationships in college. All three are pediatricians now. That seems odd.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:20 PM   #30
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

My first love moved back home to Arkansas a couple years after we broke up. I don't think she ever got over her dad dying when she was 9. I think she's still searching for him somehow. One time she called me from Arkansas telling me she was trying to kill herself again. I googled and found a way to call Charleston Arkansas police department from way out here in California. It was like 1 in the morning here. The dispatcher was a really nice woman, and she helped the police find her, even though I didn't know her address or anything. She (ex girlfriend) sent me a text message the next day thanking me, and that was the last I ever heard from her.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:31 PM   #31
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Because of this thread, I googled the three women I had semi- to serious relationships in college. All three are pediatricians now. That seems odd.

All three of the pharmacist I viewed on a dating site wrote me saying I was funny. I tried to track down some good looking ones after I put two and two together.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:02 PM   #32
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by I. J. Reilly View Post
Tip of the hat to you, sweaty, good call on that one.

I usually recommend antiperspirant.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #33
Icy
Pro Starter

Married with her, we started dating when we were 14, we are 34 now, so we have been 20 years together already.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #34
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
My first crush was Connie Sellecca. And, yes, she knows I exist. I have the restraining order to prove it.

i <3 pumpy
Old 01-27-2010, 05:47 PM   #35
Logan
Head Coach

Engaged and getting married later in the year. We're both better off, and I swear I'm not bitter...but I just "hid" her from my Facebook news feed because the daily wedding planning progress updates are annoying.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #36
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but she was killed in a drive by shooting during a party in high school. Unfortunately, I was there when it happened. She was in the front yard and I was in the back yard. Earlier in the evening we had a stupid high school kids argument. They never arrested anyone for the shooting, but the guy we are fairly certain was responsible is currently on death row for another crime.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #37
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Was with her for 7 years. Talked to her once after we finally broke up for good. That was about 4 years ago. No idea where she is or what she's up to.

The thread got me curious so I went investigating to see if I could find her. Found not her, be her husband on Facebook (the guy she dated after me...maybe. He has the same first name so I'm assuming on that part). Noticed her in his profile picture. So she's married. Good for her since that's what she wanted.

EDIT: And she's dropped at least 3 points on the looks scale, so I guess I got out just in time before aging and the weight she looks like she's put on appeared.

Last edited by sabotai : 01-27-2010 at 05:54 PM.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #38
Groundhog
Coordinator

Sure do, my first love is marrying one of my best friends in 3 months time. Strange situation, I know.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:55 PM   #39
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Don't know, don't care.

he's probably dating someone else anyway
Old 01-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #40
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

My first love (we never dated, though she was my first kiss) is currently in Billings, Montana working for a Television news program. We have chatted on occasion through facebook mail, and she seems to be doing well.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:06 PM   #41
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I don't really know who my first love was. I've always liked girls, going back to kindergarten. They haven't always liked me back, but whatever.

the one who would probably be my choice if I had to answer is the secret reason I joined facebook a few years back. I had googled her and found her on facebook and so I signed up. I didn't friend her, though, because we had parted on bad terms...and it was my fault. Maybe a year or so she finally added me and we talked a bit. It was good, gave me some much-needed closure. Haven't talked to her much since - I don't think she's active on fb any more.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #42
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

She's been married with kids, lives a couple of states away. I saw her and her husband at our 20th reunion a couple years ago, and my (now) wife & I spent most of the evening hanging out with them.

I generally kept in good terms with her after our initial relationship, and we had several years after of periodically hooking up before she had a religious awakening that put a damper on that, but not completely. At one point she essentially proposed to me, but on a religious condition that I couldn't accept. She moved away shortly after that, and I haven't seen her all that often since.

My wife and her are reasonably friendly. I first starting dating my wife about 13 years ago, and similar to my first love, we remained friendly after and hooked up on occasion, and long story short, we ended up getting back together and getting married recently.

At the time I was first dating my wife, she and my first love met and hung out once or twice, which was very awkward for me. Now that we're both married though, it's cool. Wouldn't surprise me if at some point in the future we went to visit them or vice versa.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:09 PM   #43
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

We're good friends and pretty much have been the whole time except for 1-2 years after the breakup.

She is now married to someone I used to compete against basketball and baseball.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:37 PM   #44
Danny
Head Coach

No idea. She has tried to contact me a few times occasionally, including once since I got married, but not the kind of person I would want in my life on any terms.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:38 AM   #45
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Friends on Facebook.

The weird message i got from her recently was that her & another woman I dated briefly (they were best friends) want to come visit me for a weekend & force me to make spaghetti. Thank God I'm not 16 anymore.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #46
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

In a horrible twist of fate, after 20 years I now not only work with her, I manage her.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #47
Drake
assmaster

If that story had ended with her being your manager (including the notion of the "horrible twist of fate"), it would have been just like you'd married her.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #48
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
Friends on Facebook.

The weird message i got from her recently was that her & another woman I dated briefly (they were best friends) want to come visit me for a weekend & force me to make spaghetti. Thank God I'm not 16 anymore.
Ummmmmmm....this actually has the makings of something good.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #49
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Have no earthly idea what happened to mine. Was pretty easy to do since she lived in Georgia and I lived in North Carolina. Hard to believe it's been about 14 years since I last talked to her. Doesn't seem that long ago, but hell it's been over ten since I graduated college.

Sheesh. Now I am feeling old. 2010 will be the year where I will be closer to a point in time when my oldest daughter will start college (if all goes well, 2022) than when I finished (1998).
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #50
MrBug708
Head Coach

Married a Doctor, so I think she made the right choice
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote