Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2006, 07:58 PM   #1
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Thank God: Kurt Warner

Quote:
TEMPE, Ariz.(AP) This might be the final season for Kurt Warner in the NFL. The 35-year-old Arizona Cardinals quarterback, who lost his starting job to rookie Matt Leinart last week, said Thursday he is considering retirement after this season.

"Definitely I'm thinking about my next step and what's best for me and all those things," he said.

Warner, in one of the NFL's great success stories, went from the Arena Football League and NFL Europe to lead St. Louis to two Super Bowls. He is in the first year of a three-year contract he signed with the Cardinals in February, but he realizes his future in Arizona would be as a backup.

Since his MVP days with the Rams, Warner has lost starting jobs to Marc Bulger in St. Louis, Eli Manning with the New York Giants and now Leinart.

"We'll sit down at the end of the year and see the way things are going," Warner said.

Warner, who earns about $7 million this year, got off to a great start this season, earning NFC offensive player of the week honors after completing 23 of 37 passes for 301 yards and three touchdowns in a 34-27 victory over San Francisco.

But things went sour after that. In a 16-14 home loss to St. Louis, Warner threw three interceptions, then fumbled a snap at the Rams 18 with 1:36 to play.

He got one more chance against Atlanta, but he went 11-for-20 for 128 yards with one interception and one lost fumble. Immediately after the game, coach Dennis Green announced that Leinart would be the starter.

Warner was not drafted out of Northern Iowa in 1994, but was signed as a free agent, then released by the Green Bay Packers. He played three seasons with the Iowa Barnstormers of the AFL, then spent a season with Amsterdam in NFL Europe.

None too soon. His 15 minutes were up a long time ago.

Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:28 PM   #2
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post

What exactly is your beef with him? Doesn't seem like such a bad guy, and his time with the Rams was a good story for football all around.

Only beef I have is his wife got way too much media play.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:33 PM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

That's because she's ugly. If she was hot, it would've been appropriate.

I have a friend that looks exactly like her. He's been called "Brenda Warner" for years now.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #4
Groundhog
Coordinator

yeah why you be such an asswhite. kurt warner has not done anything to you. All he does is go out there and try and support his team by throwing touchdown passes. He doesn quit after throwing 3 intercept.

Last edited by Groundhog : 10-12-2006 at 08:34 PM.
Groundhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:35 PM   #5
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Yeah, it's not like he enters men's golf tournaments as a teenager and misses the cut.

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #6
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
What exactly is your beef with him? Doesn't seem like such a bad guy, and his time with the Rams was a good story for football all around.

Just his wife and the whole God thing.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:00 PM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
yeah why you be such an asswhite. kurt warner has not done anything to you. All he does is go out there and try and support his team by throwing touchdown passes. He doesn quit after throwing 3 intercept.

and playing the role of jbmagic in this thread, Groundhog
Old 10-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #8
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well, okay, I can understand that. I don't mind an athlete espousing his beliefs publically, although I also think there is a point when it goes too far. To me, Warner hadn't reached that point, but I have also never lived in a city where he was a potential sports topic every day. So maybe there is more impact for those whose teams he has been on.

As for his wife, well, a woman who looks that hideous and isn't quiet will have a national impact no matter happens.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:40 AM   #9
Autumn
Head Coach

Will this retirement circus never end??
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #10
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Yeah, I mean who needs pro athletes that have strong beliefs and are actually good people? A pox on all of them.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:38 PM   #11
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers9911 View Post
Yeah, I mean who needs pro athletes that have strong beliefs and are actually good people? A pox on all of them.

Yeah. Instead of hearing how Warner comes back to St Louis every year and has a charity event to get winter coats for kids, I prefer to hear how Leonard Little kills a woman drunk driving or Steven Jackson supposedly beating his 9 month pregnant girlfriend. Stupid, good people.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:46 PM   #12
MrBug708
Head Coach

Kurt warner and his 15 minutes lol
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:52 PM   #13
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Yeah. Instead of hearing how Warner comes back to St Louis every year and has a charity event to get winter coats for kids, I prefer to hear how Leonard Little kills a woman drunk driving or Steven Jackson supposedly beating his 9 month pregnant girlfriend. Stupid, good people.

"Little often has expressed remorse for the fatal crash, in one interview saying he cried every night and asked God for forgiveness for nearly two months afterward."

The man charged with killing a prominent abortion provider claimed Sunday that more violence is possible as long as the medical procedure is allowed to continue, giving his warning in calls that also focused on complaints about his treatment in jail."I know there are many other similar events planned around the country as long as abortion remains legal," Roeder said.

"Christ is the genius of love, as such the most diametrical opposite of Judaism, which is the incarnation of hate. The Jew is a non-race among the races of the earth.... Christ is the first great enemy of the Jews.... that is why Judaism had to get rid of him. For he was shaking the very foundations of its future international power. The Jew is the lie personified. When he crucified Christ, he crucified everlasting truth for the first time in history. "
-Joseph Goebbels, Michael: Ein deutsches Schicksl in Tagebuchblattern (Munich, 1929), [cited from Richard Steigmann-Gall's The Holy Reich]

In February 1998, six months prior to the US Embassy bombings in East Africa, al-Qa'ida-under the banner of the "World Islamic Front for Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders"-issued another fatwa stating that all Muslims have a religious duty "to kill Americans and their allies, both civilian and military" worldwide.

What? People use religion for both good and bad?!?

Last edited by panerd : 01-30-2010 at 01:52 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #14
tarcone
Coordinator

Little was supposedly pissed at the woman for "ruining" his SUV, and had to be pulled away by friends.
And, yes, people do use religion for both good and evil. Religion can be a very bad thing.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:25 PM   #15
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Autumn, I'm sorry your thread bump has failed. I had the same thing happen to me about a week ago.
Old 01-30-2010, 03:28 PM   #16
Autumn
Head Coach

lol, thanks Pumpy

I'm experiencing serious bumping regret.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #17
FBPro
College Starter

Warner seems like a pretty good guy, was his wife annoying at times? Sure. Is he without flaw? No. But all in all a pretty good role model I'd say. Not a huge fan but tons of respect for him.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:43 AM   #18
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
"Christ is the genius of love, as such the most diametrical opposite of Judaism, which is the incarnation of hate. The Jew is a non-race among the races of the earth.... Christ is the first great enemy of the Jews.... that is why Judaism had to get rid of him. For he was shaking the very foundations of its future international power. The Jew is the lie personified. When he crucified Christ, he crucified everlasting truth for the first time in history. "
-Joseph Goebbels, Michael: Ein deutsches Schicksl in Tagebuchblattern (Munich, 1929), [cited from Richard Steigmann-Gall's The Holy Reich]

I thought Tom Tom Club was the Genius of Love...or was it The Heads?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:51 AM   #19
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
"Little often has expressed remorse for the fatal crash, in one interview saying he cried every night and asked God for forgiveness for nearly two months afterward."

The man charged with killing a prominent abortion provider claimed Sunday that more violence is possible as long as the medical procedure is allowed to continue, giving his warning in calls that also focused on complaints about his treatment in jail."I know there are many other similar events planned around the country as long as abortion remains legal," Roeder said.

In February 1998, six months prior to the US Embassy bombings in East Africa, al-Qa'ida-under the banner of the "World Islamic Front for Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders"-issued another fatwa stating that all Muslims have a religious duty "to kill Americans and their allies, both civilian and military" worldwide.

What? People use religion for both good and bad?!?

What does any of this have to do with Kurt Warner? Religious or not, Warner seems like a really good guy. Didn't see Tarcone point out SJax or Little not being religious and that being the cause for some of the things they've done (or alleged in SJax case). I normally just avoid commenting, but it gets tiresome when people turn every thread into a religious or political debate.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:30 AM   #20
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You started a thread for this?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:54 AM   #21
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
You started a thread for this?

Well, it was created in 2006. I think at that time, there was some legitimate discussion that Kurt Warner was simply a product of the Rams "system".

I think most of us agree now that the guy is legitimately an all time great. Is he top-10 worthy? Probably not, but the HOF should have a place for him.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:33 PM   #22
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

LOL.. didn't even look at the date..
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote