Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-06-2003, 12:45 PM   #1
robbgmaier
College Prospect

Week 19.1, the Hattrick Pregame Show, USA et al.

Hello everyone, this is Ruud Van Hostileboy, live from Front Office Football Central, where all the Hattrickers are READY TO RUMBLE and kick off season 19 of hattrick. As opening kickoff time approaches, we plan to go live to each game site for whatever news and information we can get from the hattrick fanatics in charge of their own teams. We know that Bebec A. Kes is ready to report from Morgantown WV, including a live interview with “bg” Rob Maier. Since we don’t have any cute reporters of our own, let’s blow this popcicle stand and head out to Morgantown. Hopefully, other reporters will check in on their own as they get time. Bebec, take it away!

robbgmaier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 12:50 PM   #2
robbgmaier
College Prospect

BK – Thanks RV! We’re here live in Morgantown with home town hunk, ahem, that is, home town hero Rob “bg” Maier, owner of the Goldurnears. Rob, are you like, totally stoked for today’s game?

bg – Bebec, you look good enough to eat. Yes, we are absolutely thrilled to begin our V.230 defense today. We got off to a bit of a rocky start on Wednesday in the cup, but we did manage a 2-0 victory, and I’m sure the team was looking forward to today’s game against the 69ers.

BK – You mean the Arsenel Gunners don’t you bg?

bg – Oh, yeah, right, they changed their name in a lame attempt to.....well, never mind.

BK – You started to tell me something about them the other night in your car, I mean your office. You can’t tease me...us.. all the time, spill the beans!

bg – (sighs) Oh, the hell with it. The Gunners, formerly the 69ers, beat us 5-2 in a meaningless game to close out last season. As you know, we were already locked in as division champs, so we chose to play it cool in an effort to be better prepared for the qualification match. When the schedule for this season came out, I immediately started scouting our opening week opposition, which of course turns out to be the Gunners. This info is out there for anyone who wants to look, just look at their transfer logs. You might also check out herbie’s brawlers, jacques yo-yos, and someone else I can’t remember right now, but that you can figure easily enough. Actually, that’s all I’ll say right now, after all it is public information. Let’s just say I’m fairly confident we’ll be seeing the same line up they used in their first cup game for the forseeable future.

BK – Wow! On that note, let’s take a quick commercial break, and come right back to continue with bg.

------------------------------------------------

(Fade back in, Bebec looks disheveled, bg is smoking a cigar, looking pleased with himself)

BK – We’re back in Morgantown with “bg” Rob Maier. This is obviously an important game today, what can you tell us about the starting lineup.

bg – I can tell you a lot actually. It’s not like I’m worried about the opposition making any changes (smirks).

GK – Justino “Conchito” Alonso (passable form, passable keeper) Don’t feel bad about his nickname, he knew what he was getting into when he signed up. He is also tied with one other guy for top form, which is not saying much. A reliable 2.5 star provider.

RWB(offensive) – Alojzije “easy for you to say” Braun [inadequate form, passable defense, inadequate winger, solid stamina, inadequate passing, inadequate playmaking] Easy will be training at midfield when possible, and also playing on defense for league games. We’ve been joking around about trying to get him some keeper training, to make him totally inadequate.

LCD – Iginio “Schmeggie” Pischedda (inadequate form, passable defense, inadequate stamina) The Schmegmeister is a consistent 2 star provider when we put him in the back and leave him alone.

RCD – Lex “pretty boy” Russo (weak form, passable defense, inadequate stamina) Lex has been trying to edge up to 2.5 stars, but usually produces only 2.

RIM – Joe “on and on” Annand (inadequate form, passable playmaking, solid stamina, inadequate passing) Joe is our best player, written up as the man of the match in every appearance.

LIM – John “Q” Peaty (passable form, passable playmaking, passable stamina) John is a playmaking trainee, starting tonight because the old guard has lousy form.

IM(offensive) – Cato “houseboy” Nilsen (inadequate form, passable playmaking, excellent stamina, inadequate passing) This is our first attempt at using the 33 year old in an other than normal roll. His passing is only weak, but that is better than wretched defense, and we want to take advantage of his excellent stamina.

RW(offensive) – Elijah “the prophet” Dupree (inadequate form, solid winger, inadequate stamina) The prophet will be hammering away at the empty defensive wing, and he typically dominates, sending ball after ball into the box.

LW(defensive) – Vittorio “Luigi” Bosco (weak form, solid winger, inadequate defense)
Luigi will be tracking back to cover our own empty defensive wing. He thrives in this roll.

RF – Oriol “ ”DS” double stuff” Villaver (inadequate form, solid scoring, passable stamina) All DS does is score goals, 9 of them in his first five league games, enough to garner the end of season scoring bonus for the goldurnears. Hopefully, he will keep up the same pace this season, and we are looking for a big game from him today.

LF – Ed “two feet” Dickey (inadequate form, passable scoring, solid stamina) Last but not least, two feet is double stuff’s regular striking partner. While not as prolific a scorer, he regularly puts up 2 stars for us.

bg - There you have it Bebec, I’m off for some meetings now, we still have some work to do before game time.

BK – Thanks Robbiekins...I mean, good luck today Mr. Maier. Back to you Ruud.

RVH – Thanks for that report Bebec, and now we’re off to...........?
Old 04-06-2003, 12:53 PM   #3
damnMikeBrown
College Benchwarmer

Wow. I've reported that moron for cheating 4 different times on different teams. I really, really dispise him. Beat his ass....badly...
damnMikeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 01:26 PM   #4
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Zidane's Football Army is another, he seems to sell a lot to those three teams, and waht a coincidence, the IP numbers taht ht shows, are 65.27. Amazing.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 03:37 PM   #5
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

FIRST COAST LOOKS FOR 1ST LEAGUE WIN TONIGHT IN THE LONE STAR STATE

DALLAS, TEXAS (AP) - Well the FIRST COAST CONQUISTADORS accomplished a great deal last Wednesday, breaking their Franchise Record 11 Match Losing Streak (although the Franchise did lose 11 straight, I am brand new to Hattrick and this was actually my first match) with a 2-1 victory over the Tennessee Conquerors (VI.737 CPU Team) in Round 1 of the United States Cup.

Now though, things get a bit more trickier as Division V.114 play begins later on this evening with the Coast paying a trip to Dallas to take on the Jayhawks of Big D.

These two split last season's series with both teams winning on their home turf, with the Coast shutting out Big D in Week #5 Last Season, 4-0, and the Jayhawks returning the favor in Week #10 in Dallas, 4-1. Coincidentally, that 4-0 win for the Conquistadors was their only League Win last season, and the last win up and until the victory over Tennessee this past Wednesday.

First Coast hardly dominated Tennessee in Round 1 of the US Cup and that is a bit of a cause for concern for the Conquistador Staff, including General Manager MK, "Initially, after the match was over we were absolutely elated. Getting a win in our first match with this franchise is a wonderful thing. But after checking out the results of some of the other team's matches from our same League (V.114), well let's just say we were quickly sucked back into reality by that. We've got a ways to go and I think this match today will really give us an idea exactly what kind of team we have here in Ponte Vedra."

First Coast will be without starting Defenseman Willy Owens, who was injured late in the 1st Half against Tennessee. Willy was having a solid match (ended with a 1 1/2 Star Rating, but would have been higher had he played in Half #2), before the untimely injury, and luckily for the Coast his role was filled admirably by Merce Gullien who ended with a Rating of 1 1/2 Stars and gave a heck of a solid effort considering the circumstances. Owens though could be out up to 2 weeks and will be sorely missed as he is arguably this team's best Defender. The verdict is still out on whether Gullien can contribute on a full time basis.

All in all, it should be an interesting night in Dallas as the Conquistadors really have a shot at a win here and a chance to show the rest of Division V.114 this isn't the old First Coast Conquistadors franchise they may remember from seasons past.

-----------------------------------

[size=large]First Coast Conquistadors at Jayhawks of Big D[/size]

Sunday, April 6th, 2003, 7:00pm est (6:00pm Dallas Local Time)
Jayhawk Arena - Dallas, Texas
Match ID# - 5547298

Records - First Coast (1-0, 0-0 in Division V.114), Jayhawks (1-0, 0-0).. First Coast defeated the Tennessee Conquerors (VI.737 CPU Team) 2-1 in the 1st Round of the U.S. Cup, last Wednesday in Chattanooga, TN, while the Jayhawks defeated the Puerto Rico Kickers (VI.649 CPU Team) 3-1 in San Juan, PR, that same evening in their U.S. Cup Round 1 Match.

Last edited by MylesKnight : 04-06-2003 at 04:46 PM.
MylesKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 03:54 PM   #6
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The Golden Eagles FC battle against the Wisconsin Badgers. Read all about it in the dynasty forum.
Old 04-06-2003, 04:03 PM   #7
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

...."bg – (sighs) Oh, the hell with it. The Gunners, formerly the 69ers, beat us 5-2 in a meaningless game to close out last season. As you know, we were already locked in as division champs, so we chose to play it cool in an effort to be better prepared for the qualification match. When the schedule for this season came out, I immediately started scouting our opening week opposition, which of course turns out to be the Gunners. This info is out there for anyone who wants to look, just look at their transfer logs. You might also check out herbie’s brawlers, jacques yo-yos, and someone else I can’t remember right now, but that you can figure easily enough. Actually, that’s all I’ll say right now, after all it is public information. Let’s just say I’m fairly confident we’ll be seeing the same line up they used in their first cup game for the forseeable future"...

What kind of Horse $hit is this? Again, what kind of $@$# cheats in a Free Online Soccer League. What an idiot.

I really hope this guy, and other folks like him, get thrown the hell out of here one of these days.

Good Luck Rob!!
Old 04-06-2003, 05:12 PM   #8
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

We're way past the pregame show, here in Pintendre, Quebec, Canada, as the hometown Pittbulls are playing the Montreal Timbermen and a somewhat lukewarm provincial battle. We have to say the battle might have been fiercer, had the Timbermen not been a bot team

The Timbermen striked first and silenced the crowd of 10515 (a Pintendre record, as the stadium has just been upgraded to 12000 seats) with a score in the 10th minute.

The Pittbulls, even though they are playing it cool in preparation for their second round cup match next Wednesday, wasted little time and scored three unanswered goals in a span of ten minutes (24th, 26th, 34th) to bring the score to 3-1 in favor the Pittbulls. Scorers for the Pittbulls so far are veteran central defender Christopher Gardner, and youngsters inner midfielder Radu Jurcã, and forward Panos Kolokotronis.

Halftime score was 3 - 1. Pintendre held the ball, with a clear 75 percent possession rate.

We have now played 12 minutes in the second half and the score remains the same. We will keep you posted.

FrogMan
Old 04-06-2003, 05:19 PM   #9
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

(From the Dynasty Board)

Other FOFC'ers Results from around Europe: (Teams From FrogMan's FOFC Hattrick Ratings)

3ric's IFK Bananskruv dropped a tough 4-3 decision on the road against Glenndolfs Boys in Sweden.

Alf's Trickers pasted Team And One, 4-0 at Alf Trickers Arena.

and jfbbis's Vileurban FC squad dropped a 1-nil heartbreaker Lensoisparlekomco on the road.

To go along with Triple-F's Fantastic Flying Froggies and Katon's Lancre Wowhawks, wins earlier, FOFC'ers now sit at 3 Wins and 2 Losses on the day thus far.

That's it from Europe.. Our Canadian FOFC'ers Matches are currently underway, with American Matches soon to follow in oh, about 40 minutes or so from now.

-----------------------------------

From Canada...

Frog Man's Pintendre Pittbulls lead the Montreal Timbermen 3-1 at Intermission.

Bbor's Bbors trail the Fighting Monkeys of Quebec, 1-nil at the Break.

Mike Vic's Goldfish and the Bridgeburners are in a Scoreless Tie midway through.

and Kevin's Falmouth United squad leads L'enterprise 1-0 early in Half #2.

Last edited by MylesKnight : 04-06-2003 at 05:21 PM.
MylesKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 05:29 PM   #10
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Thumbs up Stadium upgrade recommended

I need to add that the 10515 spectators present at the game will bring me a nice 111 848 C$, which is almost double the last sold out game we had with our basic 7000 seats stadium (64 000 C$).

We wholeheartedly recommend everybody whose finance permits it to upgrade their stadium.

For your information, the Pittbulls currently have 576 supporters, so the 10515 spectators represent a ratio of 18.25 times the number of supporters. If the team keeps on playing well, and there's no way it should not keep on getting better, given your bot only league, we expect to sell out in about 2-3 weeks, if not sooner.

While I've been entertaining you with money figures, the Pittbulls' star inner midfielder, Stefan Rasmussen scored to put the Pittbulls ahead 4-1. As is often the case, the coach is now drawing the troops back in order to defend the team's lead.

FrogMan
Old 04-06-2003, 05:33 PM   #11
MylesKnight
College Benchwarmer

Damn, I have nearly that many supporters FrogMan. Granted, my team is nowhere near as talented as yours is currently, and I have yet to even play a Home Match, but I do need to definitely take a look at expansion after taking a look at those numbers you've given.

Nice Workmenlike performance there against the Timbermen.
Old 04-06-2003, 05:34 PM   #12
AccardoOutfit29
H.S. Freshman Team

I will have to wait til next week's game to try out my new upgraded stadium. I could really use a sellout since I am approaching debt.
Old 04-06-2003, 05:42 PM   #13
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I am still waiting to debut my new stadium, but that will have to wait until next week.

The Spring Grove Fighting Eagles take on the burganation at burganation arena .

burganation is a new team that has not bought any new players. Their best player, Pierre Gooch is a forward that took 2 stars in their first game.

Spring Grove comes into this game confident they will win. Led by passable keeper Leslie Proctor who averages 2.5* they have a strong defense. In the midfield they have one solid, and 2 passables. Charles Guerva, a solid playmaker is out for 1 more week with an injury. Their front line is perhaps in the top 3 in the division. Led by Randy Mahon the veteran leader of the squad, and second on the all-time goals scoredl list. Roger Sisk is a young inadequate forward who has the talent to put up 2*, but usually puts up 1.5*. Nonetheless in his first game that mattered, he put up 2 goals. he has scored countless more in friendlies. The Spring Grove Fighting Eagles will be running a 3-5-2. Ted Ortega makes the starting line-up after being relegated to the B team becuase of low form. However he improved his stamina over the off-season and expects to contribute. Overall the Eagles
have improved their stamina quite a bit, and look to take advantage of it.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 05:48 PM   #14
mckerney
Coordinator

Here in Philly the Minnesota Square Pegs are just minutes away from the start of their first season against league rival THO. After running a 5-4-1 in their 2 - 0 victory over the New Mexico Vikings in the USA Open Cup (in the first ever Cup victory with the previous teams in the franchise), the Pegs are expected to run a 4-5-1 for a boost in offense. Central Defenders Frederick Donald and Cody Taylor will anchor the D, while Forward Art Fraizer along with Outside Wingers Nicholas McGovern and recent transfer Kalle Trandahl will be the foundation for the offense.

Though the Pegs do hope for a good offensive performance, they look to control and win the game by setting a defensive tone.

That's all for now from Philladelphia. Good luck to the Square Pegs in their inaugural game, and we will be back with updates during the game.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 05:58 PM   #15
robbgmaier
College Prospect

4 minutes and counting, hope to see good results for all the FOFC'ers in the IN-Game thread
Old 04-06-2003, 06:28 PM   #16
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MylesKnight
Damn, I have nearly that many supporters FrogMan. Granted, my team is nowhere near as talented as yours is currently, and I have yet to even play a Home Match, but I do need to definitely take a look at expansion after taking a look at those numbers you've given.

Nice Workmenlike performance there against the Timbermen.

The common sense of Hattrick gurus says you should shoot for a stadium about 20-25 times your number of supporters. Some will say stay between 15-20 times while others are more like I just said.

What I did was wait until I sold out once with my basic stadium before thinking about upgrading. I would think you should wait for at least on home game. That way you'll see how you can fill it up. With the crappy stadium they give us at the beginning, the thing is that the 7000 seats are all low paying seats. You need some places for VIP in a stadium...

And about them Timbermen, well it ws a bot team and we got away with a 4-1 win with a PIC mentality, not bad...

FrogMan.