Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

The Official Race/Ride/Walk/etc Shilling Thread

Hey guys. I'm doing a bike ride in a couple weeks. I signed up to receive donations toward their cause as part of the ride, so if anyone would like to give to the Intrepid Foundation for my ride, hop on over to: ActiveGiving.com Donations

More about the Intrepid Foundation:
Quote:
The Intrepid Foundation commemorates the valiant efforts of the US Armed Forces in defense of our liberties; provides a unique educational resource and promotes public awareness of the history and future development of the sea, air and space sciences; offers an interpretation of the Intrepid and the other Museum exhibits as an example of 20th Century technology, and provides special services to the men and women of the US Armed Forces and their families through the Intrepid Scholarship Program and other endeavors. The Foundation's programs include: the Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum; unique educational programs that reach 40,000 school children every year; the Vocational-Technical (Voc-Tech) program; the Intrepid Fallen Heroes Fund; and Fleet Week. The Intrepid Museum Complex is closed for restoration and refurbishment until November 2008.

More about the ride:
Quote:
The Crystal Ride (the “Peoples Ride”) is a non-competitive ride that will begin and end in Crystal City and pass by the Air Force Memorial. It offers a 12.5 kilometer course open to both serious and casual amateur cyclists, but closed to traffic! Bronze, Silver and Gold Medals will be awarded for those who can complete 2, 4 or 8 laps within the 3.5 hour window that the course will be open for the ride. 8 laps will equate to a metric century (100 km). There are two ways to participate, either through Standard Registration or as a fundraiser by being part of Team Intrepid Heros.

I plan to at least do 4 laps. I have never driven 100km, so I would be surprised if I could do it in 3.5 hours.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000

lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote