Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-29-2007, 08:44 AM   #1
miami_fan
Coordinator

'Baby Grace' case

Is anyone else following this case? Now the mother's lawyer is saying the father beat the 2-year old to death for not remembering to say "please" and "yes sir"? Are you kidding me? I am not a big death penalty guy but I will be highly pissed if my tax dollars are used to feed and clothe either one of the "human beings" for the rest of their lives.

Oh yeah and the mother is pregnant again.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946

miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:06 AM   #2
SnDvls
Pro Starter

the father or the boyfriend?

from what I read the father was in another state and the ex-wife moved with the new boyfriend and the child.

edit: it appears the father is from Ohio and the new husband (step father) is the one who did the actions with the mother.

Last edited by SnDvls : 11-29-2007 at 09:11 AM.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:29 AM   #3
Telle
College Starter

Have you noticed how the media's been latching on to the mom's "addiction" to World of Warcraft? I keep hearing lines like "How might have this violent game influenced what happened?" Nothing like blaming a video game for people committing unspeakable actions.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 05:16 PM   #4
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Have you noticed how the media's been latching on to the mom's "addiction" to World of Warcraft? I keep hearing lines like "How might have this violent game influenced what happened?" Nothing like blaming a video game for people committing unspeakable actions.

Beating a 2-year to death is how you get your first talent points in WoW.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #5
JeeberD
General Manager

This case is so sad...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:10 PM   #6
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

Didn't the step-dad leave a note (when he tried to kill himself before the body was found) saying that he was fully to blame and that the mother had nothing to do with it? Yet the authorities don't seem to think she's telling the truth when she lays the blame on him...

*shrug*

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 11:40 PM   #7
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post

I think i've heard WoW mentioned once.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 06:22 PM   #8
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
I think i've heard WoW mentioned once.

Must have just been the news channel I was watching then.. they kept bringing it up.. showing clips of the game and everything.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:29 PM   #9
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Is anyone else following this case? Now the mother's lawyer is saying the father beat the 2-year old to death for not remembering to say "please" and "yes sir"? Are you kidding me? I am not a big death penalty guy but I will be highly pissed if my tax dollars are used to feed and clothe either one of the "human beings" for the rest of their lives.

Oh yeah and the mother is pregnant again.

i have to agree though, these are the kind of cases that make me believe we should have the death penalty.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote