Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2008, 08:29 PM   #1
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ping: Michigan Fans

Look. I know that MSU should have beaten you, but still, you all know that if State had lost, you would all have been here pinging me and calling me out as usual.

Where are you at? Did the perpetual bandwagon explode? Where's the passion? Where's the never say die, or at least professing your allegiance go? I've sucked it up forever. Is it that easy for you to fold?

I guess you guys can't handle the heat. Must be difficult for you when being a fan isn't easy. Trust me - I know, yet I'm always here even when State loses. Where are you?

Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'm here. MSU deserves props. They did enough to win. I am not even upset, as I didn't think UM would win. It is just sad how atrocious the Wolverine D is. That has been a constant downer all season. The LB's and Safeties are just not good.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #3
Schmidty
Coordinator

Well, I agree about hanging on. It was a fun game. I had a nice phone call with my dad. He thinks it was a gift, but I think he's insane.

The touchdown call with the pylon was awful, but the turnovers by State were their own fault. They didn't play great at all, but Ringer was very good as usual, and MSU was able to hold on to the win.

Anyway, thanks for manning up.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:39 PM   #4
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Very weak and silly, Schmidty, esp. in its own thread.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #5
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
Very weak and silly, Schmidty, esp. in its own thread.

What was?
Old 10-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #6
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

If MSU had lost that game then they deserved every bit of ripping on that came there way. Michigan isn't a bandwagon type fan base. For me my heat isn't tossing it out to other teams(why make myself look like a fool this year?), but it's much more inwardly at the crime that is that football team's continual performance.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:42 PM   #7
Schmidty
Coordinator

If it has to do with me pinging them, it's because every time State loses, they ping me. If that's lame to you, oh well. I don't mind looking silly in this case.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:43 PM   #8
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
If it has to do with me pinging them, it's because every time State loses, they ping me. If that's lame to you, oh well. I don't mind looking silly in this case.

The above quote is toward Buc.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:43 PM   #9
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
What was?

If Michigan had won, I would seriously doubt you would have seens its own thread about it. Also, I think it would barely have been brought up in the official Week 9 thread by anyone.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:44 PM   #10
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
If Michigan had won, I would seriously doubt you would have seens its own thread about it. Also, I think it would barely have been brought up in the official Week 9 thread by anyone.

Wrong, Bucco. Read my last post.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #11
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

If Michigan had won, I would probably for the longest time giggled myself silly at MSU being MSU again even when Michigan is sporting what might be one of it's worst teams in the history of the university. I would have not done a ping about it though.

Last edited by Matthean : 10-25-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:50 PM   #12
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
If Michigan had won, I would probably for the longest time giggled myself silly at MSU being MSU again even when Michigan is sporting what might be one of it's worst teams in the history of the university. I would have not done a ping about it though.

Not trying to be elitist at all, but you don't know much about the history here. Glad to have you though!!
Old 10-25-2008, 08:52 PM   #13
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Schmidty, I did check last year and saw a ping thread by MrBug (as well as the one that said you were done being a MSU fan). Still, you didn't have to act like them and just keep it in the Week 9 thread like everyone else does.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:56 PM   #14
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Schmidty, I did check last year and saw a ping thread by MrBug (as well as the one that said you were done being a MSU fan). Still, you didn't have to act like them and just keep it in the Week 9 thread like everyone else does.

No offense Buc, but why do you even care? Can I have my fun, and you can go back to Civ or whatever? There are more stupid threads than this to single out. Go be the sheriff if you want. In the meantime, I'll be having a beer and sending my dad another snotty email.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:08 AM   #15
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Not trying to be elitist at all, but you don't know much about the history here. Glad to have you though!!

F'ing elitist.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:17 AM   #16
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Huh? If Michigan had won I can honestly say the last thing on my mind would be heading out and pinging MSU fans. Congrats on the win I guess, Id hope you or someone can take out PSU now.

I will say this has nothing to do with the losing the game at all, but that had to be the worst Refed game I have seen in a long time. Horrible calls against both teams all game long. Like I said, thats not at all why UM lost, but those refs should were horrible.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #17
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

I thought people gave up this kind of nyah nyah nyah stuff in high school.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:54 AM   #18
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Look. I know that MSU should have beaten you, but still, you all know that if State had lost, you would all have been here pinging me and calling me out as usual.

I don't think I've ever done that. I've probably replied to your comments a few times, but I don't think I've ever pinged you or called you out. And it sounds like from Buc's post, other Michigan fans didn't last year, either.

Quote:
Where are you at?

At home. I had a buddy from college visiting while the game was on, and I just watched it on the DVR this morning. I am sitting on my couch -- do you think I should burn it? (sorry, i just couldn't help making that dig)
Quote:
Did the perpetual bandwagon explode?

I'm assuming there were over 100,000 fans at the game (although I dunno if Router Help made it), and there will probably be 100,000 at the next, so no.

Quote:
Where's the passion?

The Big House is commonly known for being the quietest crowd of 100,000 you'll ever see, so I don't know what kind of passion you're expecting from the masses. And for the ones who do really care, when you're already 2-5 and have lost to Toledo, you're just not expecting much anymore.
Quote:
Where's the never say die, or at least professing your allegiance go? I've sucked it up forever. Is it that easy for you to fold?

I don't know what you expect us to do. Start a thread congratulating you? First of all, I don't congratulate fans because the team they root for won something. Along the same lines, it's not that easy for me to fold, since all 'not folding' entailed was sitting around watching the game on TV, and hoping Michigan won.

Quote:
I guess you guys can't handle the heat. Must be difficult for you when being a fan isn't easy. Trust me - I know, yet I'm always here even when State loses. Where are you?

Well, it's not exactly fun to watch the team you root for lose, sure. As for whether or not it's difficult, I think there's an interesting discussion about what you get out of rooting for a team that wins, compared to what you feel when rooting for a team that loses. This thread doesn't really seem to be the place for that discussion.

As for being asked where I am (or was) again, the answer has two parts: a) not on FOFC, and b) rooting for a shitty team.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 10-26-2008 at 09:55 AM.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:02 AM   #19
Router Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

I'm assuming there were over 100,000 fans at the game (although I dunno if Router Help made it), and there will probably be 100,000 at the next, so no.

I made it! A very large portion of the 100,000, including myself, were all decked out in Green & White.

Well, at least under their winter jackets it was green and white.
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:10 AM   #20
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router Help View Post
I made it! A very large portion of the 100,000, including myself, were all decked out in Green & White.

Well, at least under their winter jackets it was green and white.

Good to hear! I might have taken you up on it, if I didn't have a buddy visiting. My wife said I should have ditched him and gone anyway.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:05 AM   #21
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

A good game by the Spartans. They came in and took care of business. Good win for them.

I didn't have any expectations for the Wolverines this year. I knew it was going to be a very rough year and a transitional period. That said, what I've seen so far hasn't been all that encouraging. It's super early yet, so I am not calling for Rich Rod's head or sounding any sort of alarm or pressing the panic button, but really, so far, it has been a very bad season.

I still have faith Rich Rod will turn things around and I don't think it's fair to fully judge him into another 2-3 years in, but, based on the results to date, he's been a bad coach. This team had a lot of issues and doesn't have a ton of talent at the moment, but I haven't seen any real progress over the course of the season from most of the players. I know these aren't Rich Rod's guys, but he is the head coach and I haven't seen much evidence that he's really coaching them up properly.

Time will tell. The fall shall further the flight.

Stay classy, Sparty. Sparty on!!!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:56 AM   #22
cmp
Pro Rookie

The loss itself doesn't bother me as much but now I have to deal with all these Spartan fans all year.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:42 PM   #23
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I didn't get to watch the game until I got home at 10 last night.

Good game coached by two excellent coaches. MSU is on their way up. I really admire the program he is running there.

Michigan is rebuilding, but shows obvious signs that once coach Rodriguez recruits his type of players that Michigan will be a dangerous team. Right now he is obviously hamstrung by a group that is doing all they can, but simply don't have what it takes to run the spread at an elite level. The team needs more speed. Good things are in store for the future.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote