Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-24-2008, 08:50 AM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

The way this GUY Writes drives ME Nuts...

This guy from Scout.com has good points about the pathetic situation the IU football team is in, but his style of inserting random capitalization drives me insane. It was even worse when he was defending Kelvin Sampson. At least this time, I agree with what he's saying. Even if I can't stand how he says it.

Quote:
ALL fan bases live and die with the success or failures of their Teams. We offer suggestions of what they should do, but end of day it's the Head Coach and his staff that set the agenda and make adjustments within the program. What you're SEEING from Indiana Football-THAT is the team responding to what Coach Lynch and his staff are selling.

The effort, the Commitment, the Focus and Execution...the POOR play and apathy mentioned..it seem That is the result of this staff doing their level BEST to get this team to play, only there seems to be a serious disconnect happening from Coach Lynch and his Coordinators/position coaches and the Players which is playing out on Saturdays.

Combine that with the Curious and often frustrating Play calling and the constantly evolving Offense. Sometimes...the answer is staring us RIGHT in the face. Sometimes it is as Bad as it seems, and ultimately the responsibility for losing goes to the Head man in charge.

The fact that Indiana fans are now "used" to Losing...if this program is EVER going to change the Expectation level at Indiana for it's Football Program that's even More of a reason that the current Coach and staff MUST be Reassesed Closely and Examined as to whether they ARE a capable and competent Staff. Fwiw, when I see Problems on the Field in execution, Focus and penalties, in Effort and commitment-I look at the STAFF.

These are all players this staff had a hand in Recruiting, and if they CANNOT lead, instruct, Coach and motivate them to execute to the Best of their abilities win or lose, WHY are they there?

These players-for whatever reason apparently are not playing for this Staff. Is that a player failure or a Staff failure. I say STAFF and moreso-Head Coach. With all due respect to Coach Lynch and his staff, it's Not working out very well. Team looks uninspired and unmotivated and that opens the door for a LOT of really bad things. It may not be "fair" but the Head Coach is FULLY responsible for the performance of his program and for creating some sense of IMPROVEMENT. "Play 13" and a Deep desire to HONOR their fallen Coach fueled last year's Insight Bowl run. But now...

With all due respect again, I think all IU fans have a perfectly good RIGHT to be Upset and even disgusted with the state of the Football program. I respectfully disagree with those who believe that the idea of a regime change is "off the table". If it IS, than they'd better get it ON the table and soon!

You cannot continue to LOSE and get completely rolled game after game without losing whatever Football loyalists you STILL have. What good is a beautiful Football facility when it's only a quarter filled? ANY bounce in recruiting coming off a Bowl season will QUICKLY go bye bye if this team continues to drift and lose badly. Nobody wants to be a part of a APATHETIC Football program where the fans dont care and dont come to games, and where you have Losing and problems from the top on down.

*Indiana needs a new Football Coach and staff. With ALL due respect again, 5 year deal or not, it HAS to happen. Money lost in empty seats, loss of merchandise sales, parking, concessions etc. next season ALONE might pay for a good part of a buyout.

But, MORESO the further eroding and LOSS of a Football fanbase-the continued belief that Indiana Football will NEVER WIN AGAIN, and the completely NEGATIVE environment and complete LOSS of ANY positive Momentum Coach Hoeppner built during his time at IU are more Sobering reasons that this is a FIVE alarm Fire that MUST be addressed and not swept under a carpet any Longer! Just my opinion.

I certainly respect anyone else's opinion on this. End of day this is a administrative decision..and if people say we cant AFFORD to pay another buyout for Coach Lynch, unfortunately I say we cannot afford NOT to. HAVE to hire the right AD first..then trust him along with the IU President to hire the RIGHT Visionary Head Coach with a Winning trackrecord, to lead the Indiana Football program.

UNTIL that happens, sadly the malaise, apathy and the LOSING only continues. Cut your losses, keep as many players/commits on board as possible, payout BL/hire a HC you believe in and get BACK to the business of building a winning football program at Indiana. It CAN happen and it NEEDS to happen. GO IU! aloha.

Last edited by Kodos : 10-24-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 08:56 AM   #2
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

MUST he capitalize EVER other WORD?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:13 AM   #3
MikeVic
Head Coach

Well DUH! I wonder if he TALKS like THAT in REAL LIFE?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #4
Klinglerware
College Starter

I'll BET he DOES!
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:22 AM   #5
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

This is basically Sportscenter in text format.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:43 AM   #6
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I think he also writes out what he's gonna say when he calls in to Jim Rome's radio show, and it looks just like that.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #7
RendeR
Coordinator

Look, even IF you dislike the style, WTF? I mean YOU'RE the one reading the article, if YOU dislike it then perhaps YOU should stop reading it?

I mean REALLY, come ON alienboy....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 12:19 PM   #8
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I want the guy who wrote that article to get explosive diarrhea. Then he'll know what his keyboard is going through.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Look, even IF you dislike the style, WTF? I mean YOU'RE the one reading the article, if YOU dislike it then perhaps YOU should stop reading it?

I mean REALLY, come ON alienboy....

It's not an article. It's just a post from a thread. Unfortunately, he is an active poster over there.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:12 PM   #10
mrsimperless
College Prospect

It's a hidden message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by this GUY
ALL SEEING THAT POOR BEST RIGHT EVER MUST ARE STAFF CANNOT WHY STAFF LOT FULLY IMPROVEMENT HONOR RIGHT IS ON LOSE STILL ANY QUICKLY APATHETIC ALL HAS ALONE MORESO LOSS NEVER WIN AGAIN NEGATIVE LOSS ANY IU FIVE MUST AFFORD NOT HAVE AD RIGHT UNTIL LOSING BACK CAN NEEDS

I'm guessing you have to write these words in a single line across a long strip of paper and then wrap the whole thing around the goalposts at IU for it to be completely decoded.

Last edited by mrsimperless : 10-24-2008 at 01:13 PM.
mrsimperless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 01:32 PM   #11
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
This is basically Sportscenter in text format.

Actually, that's a really good description

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #12
SnowMan
High School Varsity

These PRETZELS are making ME thirsty!
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #13
Pumpy Tudors