Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-13-2005, 10:44 AM   #1
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

It is freaking cold here

-38 when I woke up today. I went outside to get the paper, the ink had frozen. It was still frozen in a U shape when I left for work 20 minutes later. Stupid artic front. The worst thing is my buddy sent an email from his home in Barbados, he said it was a little chilly and he may have to put a shirt on.

nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:46 AM   #2
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilodor
-38 when I woke up today. I went outside to get the paper, the ink had frozen. It was still frozen in a U shape when I left for work 20 minutes later. Stupid artic front. The worst thing is my buddy sent an email from his home in Barbados, he said it was a little chilly and he may have to put a shirt on.

It's going to be 65 degrees in Phoenix today. It was so cold this morning when I left for work, I actually had to break out my winter coat. I hate it when it gets to be in the 40s.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:49 AM   #3
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I don't think we've had a day this year yet where the high has been under 60 degrees, and I've worn shorts more than once in the New Year.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:51 AM   #4
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I n C-Town it's freaken 64. And tomorrow we are supposed to be the single digits - this weather is crazy!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:53 AM   #5
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The past couple of weeks have sucked ass here. Highs in the mid-to-upper 70's, lows in the 60's (maybe upper 50's), foggy every morning, way humid. 78 degrees may sound good, but when it's July, 93 with 100% humidity, I only have my memories of when I was comfortable in November through February to get me by, and this shit ain't cutting it. I want to be cold!

We're in line for some severe thundstorms tonight, though, so we should be getting back to cooler temps, at least for a few days.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #6
Ksyrup

Did you get that off of Drudge?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #7
QuikSand
lolzcat

BREAKING STORY: IT'S COLD IN CALGARY

**DEVELOPING***
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 10:58 AM   #8
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I'm kind of happy to report it is about 40F today in Quebec City!!! Kind of happy cause we're supposed to go up to 45F or so which is nice, except it's supposed to rain, and they're forecasting a temperature drop all the way to about 5F either overnight or tomorrow night. Is gonna be a heck of a fun ride either to work tomorrow morning or to karate on Saturday morning...

FM
Old 01-13-2005, 11:05 AM   #9
bbor
Pro Starter

It's warm here.But i dunno how to translate into the damn Fairenhiet(or spell it for that matter)

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:10 AM   #10
Kevin
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
I don't think we've had a day this year yet where the high has been under 60 degrees, and I've worn shorts more than once in the New Year.

If the high never got below 60, I'd never wear long pants. The one time I went to Florida, I couldn't comprehend the labourers wearing hooded sweatshirts and coats on a nice 55 degree day. If I was doing manual labour in that outfit, I'd be soaked clear through from sweat.
Old 01-13-2005, 11:12 AM   #11
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
It's warm here.But i dunno how to translate into the damn Fairenhiet(or spell it for that matter)

my favorite celsius to farhneenefhwhatever converter
http://www.wbuf.noaa.gov/tempfc.htm

FM
Old 01-13-2005, 11:15 AM   #12
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:

How does ink freeze?
Old 01-13-2005, 01:03 PM   #13
MikeVic
Head Coach

I was -46 celcius with wind chill when I left for University today... I think 4 more degrees and they shut down some elementary and high schools. So fun to walk around in cold weather.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 01:06 PM   #14
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Im in frigging Calgary (stupid US visa) and it was -47 this morning. Good times.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:41 PM   #15
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
BREAKING STORY: IT'S COLD IN CALGARY

**DEVELOPING***

Well done.

That was funnier than the "Snatchmo" username.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 02:57 PM   #16
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
-38 when I woke up today. I went outside to get the paper, my dink had frozen.It was still frozen in a U shape when I left for work 20 minutes later.

I think this is what you meant....no?

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.

Last edited by bbor : 01-13-2005 at 02:58 PM.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:24 PM   #17
McSweeny
College Starter

we got 5 inches of snow or so the other day and tomorrow it's going to be 57F
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 03:27 PM   #18
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Pfft it was cold for like three days Florida sucks sometimes cause I dont like sweating in Jan...
Old 01-13-2005, 03:28 PM   #19
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I just wanted to send out my thanks to Alberta and it's latest clipper.

xxooxx
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:36 PM   #20
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
Pfft it was cold for like three days Florida sucks sometimes cause I dont like sweating in Jan...

We get cold up here. We were in the 20's several nights/mornings in December. The latest heat wave has sucked, though.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:39 PM   #21
Ksyrup

The next week or so looks like prime time to get a cold. Lows in the mid-to-lower 30's, highs in the lower 60's. The body can't take the changes in temps like that, all in one day. Freeze in the morning, warm by afternoon. I always get a cough or sometimes a mild case of bronchitis during times like this.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:54 PM   #22
Recoil
High School Varsity

It's been in the 50's/60's/70's here in the GA which is extremely rare. I've had to sleep with my window open a couple times in the past few weeks also. It's pretty crazy. I've never seen a winter like this.
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:30 PM   #23
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I went to school with just a t-shirt on, then after practice I come out and it is snowing... Something like 40 degree drop in temperature. Crazy shit.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 09:59 PM   #24
Craptacular
College Starter

The highs for the next three days here: 6, 6, and 5. Yes, that's Fahrenheit. At least the rain we had yesterday didn't wash all the snow away. I don't mind the cold when there's snow on the ground. Cold and bare, brown ground just sucks.

P.S. For our friends to the north: F = (9/5)*C+32
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:46 PM   #25
Scholes
High School Varsity

Right now in St. Paul, MN it's -9 with a -29 degree windchill. Thanks, Alberta.... (Or as Denny Green put it, Calcutta)
Scholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 12:15 AM   #26
JeffR
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholes
Right now in St. Paul, MN it's -9 with a -29 degree windchill. Thanks, Alberta.... (Or as Denny Green put it, Calcutta)

Oh, don't thank us yet, there's more coming. -12 F here right now, and going to get colder. On the other hand, it's supposed be rainy and in the mid-40's next week.

This place has the craziest weather patterns I've ever seen, and I've lived in Florida.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote