Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-20-2005, 12:18 PM   #1
Joe
Pro Starter

Nashville Star

Ran across this show on tv last night, and was wondering... Since when is Bret Michaels a country act? I guess he's a judge on the show too, but was performing last night. Man those country kids looked uncomfortable singing a Poison song with him.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:42 PM   #2
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I'm watching it (and I'm 2 episodes behind, so please no spoilers without warnings).

but yeah, he is a complete asshat on this show. He is a horrible judge; to every contestant on every show, his criticism is "I just want you to BRING IT every night" - they might as well just tape it once and play it over and over.

but, by far, the best part is when he either a) tries to sing along with the songs...and obviously doesn't know the lyrics or b) plays air drum to the song. I personally would choose B.
Old 04-20-2005, 01:53 PM   #3
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Anastasia Brown is a disaster as a judge. It's a complete mystery how she could get to whatever important position she apparently has in the country music industry given the asinine nature of her commentary. I guess it goes to show just how far looks can get you. But still, this woman just doesn't have a clue about how to be critical about a performance in a way that makes any sense.

BTW, Sarah Evans has a heck of a time reading or she has a heck of a time reading a teleprompter.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 03:03 PM   #4
bossfan2000
n00b

Yeah, i thought it was odd when they announced that Brett Michaels was performing his "new country single"...

I checked out amazon and didnt see a new album coming out..but the tv show did mention checking his website for tour dates...couldnt bring myself to take that extra step. The song was ok, but was too wordy...instead of singing, it sounded like he was just talking fast. Maybe it was just his first time doing that song live....sounded more like a weak acoustic bon jovi song to me..
bossfan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote