Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-16-2005, 07:04 PM   #1
Joe
Pro Starter

Another Tipping Discussion

We just ordered pizza tonight, and had this happen. Our pizza came, we tipped the delivery guy like usual, then find the pizzas are wrong. So we called the pizza place and they send out replacements. Should the 2nd delivery guy be tipped, does he expect it on free pizzas? I say yes, since he's making the trip and everythingg, other people say no. What do you guys think?

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:09 PM   #2
Joe
Pro Starter

he acted surprised when he didn't get one.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:11 PM   #3
Coop
High School JV

No you shouldn't tip.

Last edited by Coop : 04-16-2005 at 07:11 PM.
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:11 PM   #4
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

It'd be nice to tip him, but I don't think he'd be overly surprised if you didn't.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:15 PM   #5
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Up to you. I would, but I never "expected" it when I delivered free pizzas.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:17 PM   #6
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
he acted surprised when he didn't get one.

fucking city people.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:20 PM   #7
TLK
Pro Starter

If the pizza ended up being free.... yes, I'd tip him

If they made me pay for the pizza... nope
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:20 PM   #8
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
fucking city people.

yep. us city folk are crazy.
Old 04-16-2005, 07:22 PM   #9
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
If the pizza ended up being free.... yes, I'd tip him

If they made me pay for the pizza... nope

yeah it was free. the discussion really comes from why should we be tipping them because of their initial mistake (plus making us wait longer for the right order).
Old 04-16-2005, 07:46 PM   #10
GreenMonster
High School Varsity

I drove pizza's for many years in college and wouldn't expect a tip if I made the mistake. Problem is if the makers made the mistake I would have no clue and would have to deliver twice. If you tipped a good amount the 1st time the driver will be cool bringing back anything you need is how I go about things. If the driver and store were polite to you to fix your problem an extra dollar makes that trip seem not nearly as bad. Drivers don't ask for much every dollar counts from the good tippers to offset the really bad ones. GreenMonster
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:51 PM   #11
Celeval
Pro Starter

Same delivery guy, or different?
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:53 PM   #12
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Same delivery guy, or different?

not sure. I wasn't here when the 1st guy came, but I -think- it was a different guy.
Old 04-16-2005, 08:12 PM   #13
Desnudo
Coordinator

Different guy, I'd tip again. It wasn't his fault the first order was wrong.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 08:14 PM   #14
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Yep, I'd say tip again.. but I don't think there's a right-wrong answer here.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 08:17 PM   #15
sabotai
General Manager

If it's a different guy then I say tip again. I mean, we're not talking 15% of a $150 dinner or something. Don't be a cheap bastard, throw the kid a couple of bucks.

If it's the same guy, he already got his tip so fuck him.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 02:16 AM   #16
Franklinnoble
Banned

Tip him. Well. Both times.

The dude's alone in a car with your pizza. You don't wanna be remembered as the asshole that stiffed him one time.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:42 AM   #17
Vince
Pro Starter

As a former Pizza delivery guy, you go on a delivery like that not expecting a tip. However, the pizza delivery guy is more than likely paying for his gas and car maintenance with the tips he earns, so it never hurts to give him a tip. At the store I worked at, the delivery drivers did not do very much of the pizza making -- so while it should still be up to them to check and make sure they have the right pizza, it's most often not their fault that the pizza is incorrect. So many places an order can go wrong...

Usually, a group of people decide what to get (almost always decided AFTER the call to the pizza place has been made, and the poor employee is left on hold for a certain amount of time), and one person is then in charge of ordering it. The employee has to receive the order, interpret it ("Can we get 1/8th with no cheese? Lactose intolerant, you know..."), and put it into the computer. Then a receipt prints up (or in the case of a really lucky manager, the receipt doesn't print up, and no one notices it until 25 minutes later), and 9 times out of 10, a completely different person is in charge of making the pizza. So when order-taker person realizes "Oh, I forgot to put no cheese on half, but I already sent it in. That's ok, I'll just go write it on there..." and then the manager asks them to do something for them, and they forget to go write it on there...

Then the pizza is made. Hopefully it is made how the order ticket says it should be made -- we already know that even if that is the case, the pizza might already be screwed, but for the benefit of the doubt, we'll assume it's fine at this point. Seeing some of the quality individuals who worked with me at pizza places, you'd be amazed at how often people can mess up building a pizza when they have a piece of paper that tells them EXACTLY HOW TO DO IT right in front of them. There is nothing more frustrating than standing at the edge of an oven, waiting for a vegetarian pizza to come out, and seeing nothing but a cheese pizza rolling through. "What's the deal with the cheese?" Stupid, giggling sorostitute: "Oh, I'm sorry! I've never worked a job before, and I can't read! Silly me, haha!"

After that, it is placed in the oven. Once it comes out of the oven, the 'cook' takes it, cuts it, and places it in the appropriate box. Now, the cook is the 'last line of defense.' He's supposed to take a look at the pizzas he is cutting and boxing, and making sure they match the order. Once the pizza is in the box, he or she takes it to the delivery area, and sticks it in a hot bag, placing the ticket for it on a rack above said bag. If the 'cook' happens to grab the wrong pizza, the wrong order ticket, or places the ticket in the wrong place, there is all sorts of potential for tragedy.

Finally, the delivery guy grabs the hot bag and delivers the food. Hopefully the delivery guy checks the pizzas in the boxes against the order ticket -- I know I did. Who wants to go back to the same place twice, likely for only a single tip at that? A lot of the time, however, you'll have a delivery guy just assume that the pizza is correct.

So now we have up to 4 different people (and that is assuming the pizza is made by the same person -- a lot of the time a pizza will start being made, and someone has to answer a phone or something, leaving the pizza to be finished by someone else) -- order taker, pizza builder, 'cook' and delivery person -- in charge of one order from beginning to end. And the delivery guy has only so much say in what happens. If he does his job, and catches a mistake, what happens? He has to wait for the correct pizza to be re-made, deliver it late, and probably get a shitty tip -- when it is totally not his fault at all, and he in fact SAVED the customer a bit of grief by finding the mistake early.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:43 AM   #18
Vince
Pro Starter

[/Chief Rum mode]

Yikes, who the hell wanted to know that much about pizza? Forgive my diarrhea of the mouth.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:44 AM   #19
Easy Mac

Tipping question:

When you order to go from Ruby Tuesday's or Applebee's, should you tip when you do the curbside service thing (where they bring the food out to you and such). I'm not entirely sure what I think. On the one hand, they do absolutely nothing except bring the check, then the food. However, when the Sonic people do the same thing, a tip is expected. I don't really see the difference, unless you factor in the difficulty of bringing out food on roller skates. But do you still tip at sonic if they don't roller skate?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:14 AM   #20
21C
College Prospect

Life's a lot simpler in Australia where tipping doesn't occur at all.
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:29 AM   #21
Barkeep49
Coordinator

To me the curbside service is more of a $1 thing just for their time and help in case something is wrong with the order.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:43 AM   #22
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
As a former Pizza delivery guy, you go on a delivery like that not expecting a tip. However, the pizza delivery guy is more than likely paying for his gas and car maintenance with the tips he earns, so it never hurts to give him a tip. At the store I worked at, the delivery drivers did not do very much of the pizza making -- so while it should still be up to them to check and make sure they have the right pizza, it's most often not their fault that the pizza is incorrect. So many places an order can go wrong...

Usually, a group of people decide what to get (almost always decided AFTER the call to the pizza place has been made, and the poor employee is left on hold for a certain amount of time), and one person is then in charge of ordering it. The employee has to receive the order, interpret it ("Can we get 1/8th with no cheese? Lactose intolerant, you know..."), and put it into the computer. Then a receipt prints up (or in the case of a really lucky manager, the receipt doesn't print up, and no one notices it until 25 minutes later), and 9 times out of 10, a completely different person is in charge of making the pizza. So when order-taker person realizes "Oh, I forgot to put no cheese on half, but I already sent it in. That's ok, I'll just go write it on there..." and then the manager asks them to do something for them, and they forget to go write it on there...

Then the pizza is made. Hopefully it is made how the order ticket says it should be made -- we already know that even if that is the case, the pizza might already be screwed, but for the benefit of the doubt, we'll assume it's fine at this point. Seeing some of the quality individuals who worked with me at pizza places, you'd be amazed at how often people can mess up building a pizza when they have a piece of paper that tells them EXACTLY HOW TO DO IT right in front of them. There is nothing more frustrating than standing at the edge of an oven, waiting for a vegetarian pizza to come out, and seeing nothing but a cheese pizza rolling through. "What's the deal with the cheese?" Stupid, giggling sorostitute: "Oh, I'm sorry! I've never worked a job before, and I can't read! Silly me, haha!"

After that, it is placed in the oven. Once it comes out of the oven, the 'cook' takes it, cuts it, and places it in the appropriate box. Now, the cook is the 'last line of defense.' He's supposed to take a look at the pizzas he is cutting and boxing, and making sure they match the order. Once the pizza is in the box, he or she takes it to the delivery area, and sticks it in a hot bag, placing the ticket for it on a rack above said bag. If the 'cook' happens to grab the wrong pizza, the wrong order ticket, or places the ticket in the wrong place, there is all sorts of potential for tragedy.

Finally, the delivery guy grabs the hot bag and delivers the food. Hopefully the delivery guy checks the pizzas in the boxes against the order ticket -- I know I did. Who wants to go back to the same place twice, likely for only a single tip at that? A lot of the time, however, you'll have a delivery guy just assume that the pizza is correct.

So now we have up to 4 different people (and that is assuming the pizza is made by the same person -- a lot of the time a pizza will start being made, and someone has to answer a phone or something, leaving the pizza to be finished by someone else) -- order taker, pizza builder, 'cook' and delivery person -- in charge of one order from beginning to end. And the delivery guy has only so much say in what happens. If he does his job, and catches a mistake, what happens? He has to wait for the correct pizza to be re-made, deliver it late, and probably get a shitty tip -- when it is totally not his fault at all, and he in fact SAVED the customer a bit of grief by finding the mistake early.

Ever think about writing for sit-coms?
Old 04-17-2005, 09:32 AM   #23
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Sounds like you worked at a place with a bunch of monkeys.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 11:20 AM   #24
wishbone
High School JV

Isn't tip an acronym meaning "to insure promptness"? Why should I pay for the wonderful oppurtunity to have my request for pizza delayed? I worked in a couple different pizza places for 4 years during and after high school, driving for about 18 months. The fact is that it takes less than a minute to check every pizza before you leave the store, the driver should be responsible for every order. I've never heard of a driver who splits his tips with people at the store, so the driver shouldn't be splitting the blame when there is a screw-up.

I understand the social niceties of tipping but will not go out of my way to reward people hoping that they later choose not to deposit their biological or genetic materials. I am not made of money. Money does not flow to me. It seems to grow slowly, festering under my right butt cheek as I sit in front of a computer all day. It takes time for that money to appear and I am not one who will give it away, I have plans for my money, I hope to do some good with it someday and I can not afford to throw it at people with no return on my investment.

That being said, I would tip 15% of the bill for the 2nd trip to the 2nd driver, it only seems fair.
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 11:24 AM   #25
andy m
High School Varsity

fuck him, he should get his wages paid properly by the pizza company, not you. tipping is stupid. just another way for companies to get away with paying their employees peanuts.
Old 04-17-2005, 11:43 AM   #26
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
Tipping question:

When you order to go from Ruby Tuesday's or Applebee's, should you tip when you do the curbside service thing (where they bring the food out to you and such). I'm not entirely sure what I think. On the one hand, they do absolutely nothing except bring the check, then the food. However, when the Sonic people do the same thing, a tip is expected. I don't really see the difference, unless you factor in the difficulty of bringing out food on roller skates. But do you still tip at sonic if they don't roller skate?

WTF, tipping at Sonic? HAHAHAHAHA.... NO.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 11:59 AM   #27
Dutch
"Dutch"

I wonder if the pizza places keep data on good tippers and shitty tippers.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 12:51 PM   #28
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy m
fuck him, he should get his wages paid properly by the pizza company, not you. tipping is stupid. just another way for companies to get away with paying their employees peanuts.

If they paid their employees more, the food would cost more, so you'd end up paying for it in the end anyway.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 01:18 PM   #29
WrongWay
Banned

Here is another one.

I have never understood the carry-out tip jar? I have always been taught that you never-ever tip for the quality of food; you only tip for the service. So, why the hell would I tip on a take-out order. The only person providing service on this order is myself, and I know I am not getting a tip. I have never used a tip-jar in my life, and I don't see myself ever using one for take-out orders.

Are my orders destined to contain above average saliva content?
WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 01:31 PM   #30
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay

Consider yourself lucky if you only get saliva in your food.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 01:40 PM   #31
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion

Actually, that's a place where I've never failed to leave a tip, short of getting the village idiot bringing it to the car. Normally, just $1 plus change to round-up to the next dollar.

But I recall my dad telling stories about being a car-hop when he was a teenager, so that prolly has a lot to do with why I do it.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:41 PM   #32
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch
I wonder if the pizza places keep data on good tippers and shitty tippers.

If not officially, definitely mentally. Case in point -- remember that delivery guy who got trapped in the elevator a cpl of weeks ago? What did he say about them "that building always tips lousy" or something to that effect.
Old 04-17-2005, 01:43 PM   #33
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
[/Chief Rum mode]

Yikes, who the hell wanted to know that much about pizza? Forgive my diarrhea of the mouth.

wow... that was some good Chief Rumming
Old 04-17-2005, 01:45 PM   #34
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA
If not officially, definitely mentally. Case in point -- remember that delivery guy who got trapped in the elevator a cpl of weeks ago? What did he say about them "that building always tips lousy" or something to that effect.

maybe people in the building heard him bitching about lousy tips before, and left him in the elevator for a couple days because of it.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:02 PM   #35
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy m

You're gonna end up paying either way.

If I go to fuddruckers and get a burger, fries and shake combo, its gonna be lie $9.99. If I go to the diner, The burger and fries are gonna be like $6.50 and another 1.50 for the soda plus the tip. It's all gonna come out the same.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 02:46 PM   #36
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion

Yeah, I'm sorry, I don't have much money but I tend to tip fairly good (~20% for typical service) for food but Sonic is just, well, NO. Someone is bringing me food that I could just as easily go in and get but they don't let me. Actually, the awkward moment where the sorostitute (great term, wherever you got it, Vince) stands there after half heartedly attempting to flirt or whatever to get a better tip is part of the reason I rarely go to Sonic despite their food being better than most fast food.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 02:52 PM   #37
sooner333
College Starter

I'll usually let the Sonic person keep the coins. Sometimes, if that's like 10 cents, I'll give them 50 extra cents (which probably looks even cheaper, but whatever).
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 03:43 PM   #38
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay
Here is another one.

I have never understood the carry-out tip jar? I have always been taught that you never-ever tip for the quality of food; you only tip for the service. So, why the hell would I tip on a take-out order. The only person providing service on this order is myself, and I know I am not getting a tip. I have never used a tip-jar in my life, and I don't see myself ever using one for take-out orders.

The only reason to tip in that case is if you're picking up a large order. That person has to prepare all that shit and it can be time consuming. I think a small tip is a nice gesture in those cases. But if I'm picking up a burger at Smokey Bones? Not happening.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:02 PM   #39
Rizon
Pro Starter

Hell yeah you tip him. You give him this tip: "Learn to fuckin type. Cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent, you're in for a big fuckin surprise."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:04 PM   #40
Easy Mac

I still don't understand why I need to tip at all? I know they get paid for shit, but just raise the price of burgers. Oh wait, most places have already done that the past 2 years. I used to be able to get some decent sized chicken tenders and fries when I went to one of the chain places. Now they're freakin tiny and cost $2 more. Where's that money going? Smaller chicken and less fries cost more? Is it just the atkins diet and all that driving up prices for normal food?

Average bill:
Chicken Tenders and Fries - $9
Some time of salad thing for my girl - $8
2 drinks - $3-$4 (~$2 each)
Total - ~$20 (more whenever we appetizers).

So if we tip the general 15% (although the going rate now seems to be 20%, so I normally err high when I round), Thats $3-$4 extra. I'm not going to stop going to a place if the chicken costs $10 to make up for the tips they lose (although, are tips still non-taxable?). Hell, I'd be happy because i don't have to think about math when I go out. Even worse, if they screw up my order, even something minute like throwing on onion rings instead of cole slaw, I'm expected to tip the same even if they got everything right. Why do I have to tip when they screw anything up? If I don't tip, or tip poorly, I don't really want to go back just in case the waiter/waitress remembers me. I can't go back to the Applebee's next to my girl's place becuase they screwed my burger up 3 times in one meal (twice it came with all the toppings when I asked for it plain, the last burger was literally rare on the inside, blood dripping out), and I didn't tip at all (which I'm pretty sure pisses people off).

My theory is, its their only job at a restaurant to double check everything. You right the shit down, is it that difficult to look it over before you bring it to me to make sure everythings ok? Or even worse, 90% of the places I go, the person who takes the order only fills the drinks, they don't actually bring me the food, someone else does. Then the original waiter fills my drink about 1 time. Seriously, why do you deserve any money? What did you do that the kid at McD's doens't? They don't cook the food, they don't bring the food, they don't clean the table... they get drinks... and I pay them 15-20% of my tab... why?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 04:21 PM   #41
Vince
Pro Starter

As for sharing tips with the in-house employees...

...you have to tip-out. A portion of what you make every day is given to the employees -- usually about 10%. Every place I've ever worked at (delivering pizzas, and waiting tables at two different places), if I earned tips, I had to tip out, be it for the in-house employees (the kids making the pizzas and answering the phones), or for the hosts/hostesses/busboys.

As for tipping the take-out person...

...they do pretty much the same work as a waiter -- you're just not around long enough for them to refill your drinks. Each place I have worked, the takeout person has to package the food, put it into containers, label it, etc. For things like small salads and soups, they actually have to prepare them sometimes (combining the pasta with the minestrone, building small salads, etc). Sure, they don't cook the food -- but does your server if you eat in the restaurant? No...they don't even have to plate the food, they just carry it to you. The take-out person deals with more garbage from customers, usually has to do more work in preparing the food, and hardly ever gets tipped. It's pretty sad, actually -- and even though I always promote tipping the take-out person...I don't think they're ever really going to get tipped well.

As for writing for a sit-com...

...are you kidding?

As for 'sorostitute...'

...I don't want to claim to be the originator of the term, but I don't know where/whom I picked it up from. I'm also partial to the word 'sororetard.'

As for spitting in food...

...I've worked at three different restaurants waiting tables and one pizza place. Not once have I ever spat in someone's food, nor have I ever seen or heard of a fellow employee of mine doing the same. I'm sure it happens...but there are much better and less disgusting ways to get back at customers that piss you off.
Old 04-17-2005, 05:41 PM   #42
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I still don't understand why I need to tip at all?

I believe the simplest, most straight-forward answer would be: It's part of the social contract.
Old 04-17-2005, 06:31 PM   #43
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
I still don't understand why I need to tip at all? I know they get paid for shit, but just raise the price of burgers. Oh wait, most places have already done that the past 2 years. I used to be able to get some decent sized chicken tenders and fries when I went to one of the chain places. Now they're freakin tiny and cost $2 more. Where's that money going? Smaller chicken and less fries cost more? Is it just the atkins diet and all that driving up prices for normal food?

Average bill:

So if we tip the general 15% (although the going rate now seems to be 20%, so I normally err high when I round), Thats $3-$4 extra. I'm not going to stop going to a place if the chicken costs $10 to make up for the tips they lose (although, are tips still non-taxable?). Hell, I'd be happy because i don't have to think about math when I go out. Even worse, if they screw up my order, even something minute like throwing on onion rings instead of cole slaw, I'm expected to tip the same even if they got everything right. Why do I have to tip when they screw anything up? If I don't tip, or tip poorly, I don't really want to go back just in case the waiter/waitress remembers me. I can't go back to the Applebee's next to my girl's place becuase they screwed my burger up 3 times in one meal (twice it came with all the toppings when I asked for it plain, the last burger was literally rare on the inside, blood dripping out), and I didn't tip at all (which I'm pretty sure pisses people off).

My theory is, its their only job at a restaurant to double check everything. You right the shit down, is it that difficult to look it over before you bring it to me to make sure everythings ok? Or even worse, 90% of the places I go, the person who takes the order only fills the drinks, they don't actually bring me the food, someone else does. Then the original waiter fills my drink about 1 time. Seriously, why do you deserve any money? What did you do that the kid at McD's doens't? They don't cook the food, they don't bring the food, they don't clean the table... they get drinks... and I pay them 15-20% of my tab... why?

To
Insure
Proper
Service

Just because someone else brings you the food then the person that took the order, doesn't mean they aren't pooling tips. The Bus person generally gets a cut of the tips too. Don't forget the expoditer.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:10 PM   #44
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:

Average bill:

Judging by your post, you've obviously never worked in the restaurant business.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:13 PM   #45
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

I never tipped out as a Pizza Delivery person. Not SOP at Dominos.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote