Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #1
Joe
Pro Starter

Law & Order: SVU

On tonight's episode, Stephanie March (she plays ADA Alexandra Cabot) comes back. Woot! I guess her role in Head of State didn't do much for her career. I think its just a one shot deal though, with her coming out of witness protection to testify.

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:13 PM   #2
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Lately i been watching this show and its really great.

i Tivo a lot of the old episodes too.

Last edited by jbmagic : 02-22-2005 at 08:14 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:23 PM   #3
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Lately i been watching this show and its really great.

i Tivo a lot of the old episodes too.

Agreed. I think it's the best of the L&O lot. Munch and Ice-T are great.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:25 PM   #4
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Criminal Intent is absolutely brilliant.

Goren has that new-age Colombo thing, his partner is witty and is a very good actor, and the ADA really comes across as a prosecutor; from his dress to his talk.

Just a great combination.

Edit: I do like SVU a lot, though. The original L&O has become far too dry for me, though, especially with that blond girl (the one who couldn't act at all... did they get rid of her?).

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 02-22-2005 at 08:26 PM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:30 PM   #5
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Criminal Intent is absolutely brilliant.

Goren has that new-age Colombo thing, his partner is witty and is a very good actor, and the ADA really comes across as a prosecutor; from his dress to his talk.

Just a great combination.

Edit: I do like SVU a lot, though. The original L&O has become far too dry for me, though, especially with that blond girl (the one who couldn't act at all... did they get rid of her?).

yep they fire her on the show. and then she responded why because i am a Lesiban.

I never saw Criminal Intent. how is that show? how is it different than SVU and the regular Law and order?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 08:57 PM   #6
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
yep they fire her on the show. and then she responded why because i am a Lesiban.

I never saw Criminal Intent. how is that show? how is it different than SVU and the regular Law and order?

Criminal Intent is pretty much all about the investigation. In features Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goran, who is a very quirky but brilliant detective who cracks the cleverist of schemes.
Old 02-22-2005, 09:34 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan
Criminal Intent is pretty much all about the investigation. In features Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goran, who is a very quirky but brilliant detective who cracks the cleverist of schemes.

He annoys me as I find him too smug. I still watch it sometimes, but it is the weakest of the three in my grading of things. SVU is definitely the best, and the original is 2nd best.

Interestingly, I hear he has had some stress issues and will be in less episodes later this year. I'll have to watch to see how those episodes play out.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 09:43 PM   #8
TLK
Pro Starter

no spoilers, but this has been a very good show so far....
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 10:29 PM   #9
Joe
Pro Starter

one of the best i've seen in a while.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:22 AM   #10
BigJohn&TheLions
College Benchwarmer

SVU is definetly the best right now. L&O is at its worst when trying to follow a real case very close, but changing it. The basketball brawl episode was awful.

Why in the hell do they keep using fake team names? I know that they aren't going to pay the cash to use real team names, but when they just kept repeating "Philadelphia Cannons" over and over I wanted to scream!
Old 02-23-2005, 05:42 AM   #11
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

I thought it was the best SVU of the season. Following the Mike Logan episode of Criminal Intent recently and Law & Order has had a good run recently.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:16 AM   #12
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
That was an awesome episode...especially the ending which leaves it open for guest appearances now and then, or at least her name being mentioned. She just got married this past weekend to Chef Bobby Flay...

Chris Noth, who used to be on the original is going to be on Trial By Jury, which the advertised as starting next week - Thursday I think
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:24 AM   #13
Joe
Pro Starter

where did you hear Noth was going to be on it? I didnt see or hear him mentioned in the commercials.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:28 AM   #14
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn&TheLions
SVU is definetly the best right now. L&O is at its worst when trying to follow a real case very close, but changing it. The basketball brawl episode was awful.

Why in the hell do they keep using fake team names? I know that they aren't going to pay the cash to use real team names, but when they just kept repeating "Philadelphia Cannons" over and over I wanted to scream!

Agreed. Ripped from the Headlines episodes suck. There are more and more of them each season.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:29 AM   #15
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Oops - my bad, he is going to be on the one with Vincent D'onofiro.....my brain isn't awake yet and all these SVU's confuse me!
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 07:33 AM   #16
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl
Oops - my bad, he is going to be on the one with Vincent D'onofiro.....my brain isn't awake yet and all these SVU's confuse me!

yeah, thats what i kinda thought you meant, was wondering if there was some change though. Also, Carey Lowell is going to appear on this new Trial By Jury show, as Judge Jamie Ross. That's quite a big career advancement from defense attorney.