Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-08-2003, 05:31 PM   #1
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

OT: Sandals Resorts

My girlfriend and I are leaning towards going to a Sandals resort on our honeymoon. Has anyone ever been to one? Is it worth it? Most likely will end up at the Royal Carribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Also is everything truely included, with NO tipping?

bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 05:49 PM   #2
Balldog
Pro Rookie

You could save money and get the same experience if you went to Punta Cana or Cancun.

We usually tip, we never tip a bunch though. Maybe a $ at the most.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 06:05 PM   #3
Mota
College Benchwarmer

If I'm not mistaken, you're not supposed to tip at the Sandals resorts.

I think I went to the Beaches resort in Jamaica, which is owned by the same people. Great place and great service. Also huge $$$, but that's okay since I won the trip at work!

You'll love it though!
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 06:18 PM   #4
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

I looked into Beaches. They are more modestly priced than Sandals but all the damn pictures I see are loaded with kids! Sandals are adults only. Beaches had great ratings though.

Ya its alot of money, but quite a bit less expensive than Hawaii would run me. We definitely wanted a tropical locale.
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 10:00 PM   #5
bbor
Pro Starter

I never go to Sandals unles Hedonism is being held there

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 10:48 PM   #6
BigDPW
College Prospect

My wife and I went to Sandals Royal Carribean for our honeymoon and truly enjoyed ourselves... It is true when you arrive you are told not to tip and I never saw anyone attempting to tip any of the staff (in fact they take offense to it). The food was good. The things to do on the resort were fun and entertaining. The rooms were very nice. I forget the style of room we were in but we had a refrigerator in our room and it was stocked with alcoholic and non-acoholic beverages daily. The scenery is nice. Also at Grand Bahama you can go see Atlantis Resort which is on the other end of the island (though you have to pay cab fare and you cannot see everything the guests of Atlantis get to see.

So in a nutshell we truly enjoyed ourselves and yes it is true that it is "all inclusive". The only thing you will have to pay for is JetSkiing, Spa Treatments, Parasailing, etc...

If you would like to talk to me more about our experience just PM me and we can talk more...

We were just their this past summer so all of the info I am giving you should be up to date...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 10:49 PM   #7
BigDPW
College Prospect

BTW my wife loved the fact that their were no kids - The main reason we did not go to Atlantis...

She is an elementary school teacher and the couples only thing was a great relief to her...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote