Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-19-2003, 02:20 PM   #1
CrashDavisSports
n00b

Cool The Outlaw Volleyball Tour Begins

Hi guys,

I know this is the FOF Forum, but it looks like several other people have posted on other games, and no one seems to mind, so I hope that my league will bring a little more entertainment to an already pretty cool board. After a little nudging from a friend who posts out here, I decided to start a league based on a game I have got recently and find myself somewhat addicted to.

However, I like managing my own website, so I decided to put my league on it instead of trying to write everything on here. Don't worry, there is no advertising on my site whatsoever, it is a top-level domain with zero advertising, except for the make believe sponsors of the league.

I can produce much more information on my league through my site. I will be creating a menu from a subdomain that will be the page that allows users to click on which of my leagues they would like to read about, if interested. I currently only have the Outlaw Volleyball Tour, but I will be creating a league for NCAA Football on my xbox, Nascar Thunder racing League, and a Tiger Woods PGA Tour league.

Let me tell you, my wife just loves my xbox!

I have already begun the first match of the tour which is in San Francisco, CA at the Coca-Cola Classic. For greater details, please visit my site at:

!www.laugheadland.com/crashdavissports/outlaw_volleyball/

If you have any suggestions of feedback, or something is not working or just plain wrong, please post here so that I can keep things running smoothly. Or since I am just a novice on this, help me out with some advice. Thanks

CrashDavisSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 11:38 PM   #2
CrashDavisSports
n00b

Post Match Two Over - OVT 2003

Okay, match two is complete with a series that went three, expected to be close, but lopsided victories on both sides of the ball.

Check out the site for all the latest news and coverage.

Match 2 - El Suave and Chica Gomez Take It In 3
Old 09-20-2003, 12:22 AM   #3
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

I really like the site! This is outstanding! I'll be reading.

I did have one thought. You might be able to combine the "Tournament Schedule" and "Tourament Details" page, since they are pretty much the same thing.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 02:28 AM   #4
CrashDavisSports
n00b

Thanks!

That is a good idea, I should have thought about that. One less page to update, thanks!
Old 09-20-2003, 02:32 AM   #5
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Well done. I love the tournament brackets.

Do you just sim the games or do you play as one of the teams? Also, what system is this on? I assume either PS2 or Xbox.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 02:39 AM   #6
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

By the way, sorry you got off to a bad start at FOFC when your friend got banned like a month ago. Glad you stuck around, you'll find that was an odd circumstance and most the people here are pretty friendly.

sometimes when you post dynasties, the responses from others are far and few between, don't let it discourage you, people will be reading!

Good luck with this!

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 10:22 AM   #7
CrashDavisSports
n00b

Thanks!

Hi guys, I appreciate your feedback and support. I wasn't sure if anyone was going to be interested in this or not. I thought the Volleyball game would be fun presented in a different way, because I didn't see anything like it really out here.

The thing with my friend and myself was a big misunderstanding, but I can see how some people would think we were trying to steal, so I didn't blame the people who were pointing fingers, because if I was in their shoes, I probably would have thought the same thing. So, I just gave up on that game for now, we both have TCY so we play that as Duke (getting our butts whipped).

I have an XBOX that I play on. My wife loves it, as I am sure you can guess. I design some websites for a living, and although I didn't take much time on my little play site here, I think it is clean and easy to view information. Each series may contain three games, if there is not a initial sweep of 2. So before each game, I flip a coin to decide what team I will be, and then flip the coin for the second time to determine which player I am going to be. It would be more fair to have it sim, and I would, but there is no option for that in the game. I play each one of these games in just an exhibition mode and just created my league from scratch with my own rules, and locations and system. That is the part I enjoy most. I play on Pro Level and I win about 75% of the time on that level and the score is usually pretty close. There is one level harder, but it is impossible, I get killed 100% of the time on that level. I figured if I am gonna have to play potentially 287 games, I better at least have fun doing it instead of getting frustrated.

Take Care Guys!
Old 09-20-2003, 11:22 AM   #8
CrashDavisSports
n00b

Match 3 Complete - San Francisco

A back and forth battle in this contest, that showed offensive power by both teams, but in the end it came down to defense and whose was positioned better.

Match 3 - Doe Joe Williams and Shawnee Redhawk Take Series in 3

Happy Reading!
Old 09-20-2003, 04:57 PM   #9
CrashDavisSports
n00b

Match 4 and Round 1 Complete in San Francisco

Latest update to The Outlaw Volleyball Tour 2003.

Nikki Michaels and Summer Raine Sweep Leon Mason and Lizzy James. Round 1 is over and so is day 1 of the Coca-Cola Classic in San Francisco.

1) Match 4 Recap
2) All post game interviews available
3) Updated Bracket
4) Updated Statistics

CDSN (The Crash Davis Sports Network) is looking for reporters to get post game reports from players and fans. If anyone is interested in the position with CDSN, please 'Email Commissioner' from the navigation on the website.

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2003, 11:19 PM   #10
CrashDavisSports
n00b

New Site Put Up

New Site Finished for all my future dynasties.

Was thinking maybe a few of these games that several of us own, playing a league together.

ExamplesOOTP Baseball 5, TCY)

Let me know what you think!

The Crash Davis Sports Network
Old 09-23-2003, 11:12 PM   #11
CrashDavisSports
n00b

Semi-Finals Match 1 Complete

Ice Trey Jenkins and Donna Dixon (2 - 1)

versus

El Suave and Chica Gomez (2 - 1)

Click Here for Complete Action at The Crash Davis Sports Network
Old 09-24-2003, 06:13 PM   #12
CrashDavisSports
n00b

Semi - Finals Complete

Nikki Michaels and Summer Raine defeats Doe Joe Williams and Shawnee Redhawk

With this victory, it sets up a great Finals. Michaels and Raine (4 - 0) who lead the tourny in Kills versus Jenkins and Dixon (4 - 1) and lead the tournament in Digs and shut down their Semi-Final opponents by a margin of 42 - 12.

Click Here for Complete Semi-Finals Coverage