Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #401
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Grr, if I had known that it was a dual boxed/DD patch, I would've ordered the download tonight. Ah, well. I'm going bowling tonight anyway. I'll just have to play the game when I get home tomorrow.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:22 PM   #402
SackAttack
Head Coach

Don't let go of the remote, Pumpy!
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:45 PM   #403
Miller Time
H.S. Freshman Team

Is the game available via Digital Download yet? If so, where can I dl it from?
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:47 PM   #404
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It is available for DD, through SI Games's website.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:21 AM   #405
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
According to reports on the SI forums, the WWSM patch is available on Filefront already and those whom have installed it have said that it works all fine and dandy. I think I might wait for something more official though, myself, as if I do not then it will inevitably be the incorrect decision.
Okay, those weren't official so, y'know, if you download and use them, I will be forced to notify Dan Wassen and call you a pirate.

Just a warning, is all.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:03 AM   #406
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Don't let go of the remote, Pumpy!
Eep! Not Wii bowling!
Old 12-01-2006, 01:53 PM   #407
Shepp
High School Varsity

I wouldn't get too excited yet. There are 2 big bugs that have come up since the patch that have me thinking about waiting to starting a serious game until the next patch.

Players being dropped from team when contract extension is offered in last year of contract.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...2/m/4142004972

Paying double transfer fee for players

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...2/m/8002076972

Last edited by Shepp : 12-01-2006 at 01:54 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #408
rexallllsc
Banned

So I guess I should just re-install with 7.0, huh? Is there a way I can roll-back w/o doing that?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 02:18 PM   #409
Shepp
High School Varsity

I guess I also should have mentioned that there is a post over at the SI board that acknowledges the "player dropped after contract offer bug" and the word is that they hope to have a patch early next week. However, no mention is made about the double transfer fee issue.

I remain hopeful that it won't take another month and some change to get these issues fixed.

But I am VERY bummed that I can't spend the weekend getting into the game in ernest like I had planned yesterday.

Last edited by Shepp : 12-01-2006 at 03:21 PM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #410
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Whoops, well, now that these other two bugs have been mentioned, I guess I'll just do something else this weekend.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #411
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
I wouldn't get too excited yet. There are 2 big bugs that have come up since the patch that have me thinking about waiting to starting a serious game until the next patch.

Players being dropped from team when contract extension is offered in last year of contract.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...2/m/4142004972

Paying double transfer fee for players

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...2/m/8002076972

Here's a workaround until they get the first one fixed. I usually offer what they want anyway, so this one isn't affecting me at all.

Workaround
In short if you offer the player exactly what he wants and accepts then this bug will not occur.

In response to offering a lower weekly wage than he is currently on, I would advise against this until the new patch is out.

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...1/m/8492066972

Last edited by MikeVick7 : 12-01-2006 at 04:57 PM.
MikeVick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #412
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Judging from some of the comments from SI, it looks like the "double transfer fee" thing may be related to people using a crack on the game. It's mentioned in the same thread that MikeVick7 just referenced. If this is indeed true, I won't mind starting a career this weekend.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:24 PM   #413
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Judging from some of the comments from SI, it looks like the "double transfer fee" thing may be related to people using a crack on the game. It's mentioned in the same thread that MikeVick7 just referenced. If this is indeed true, I won't mind starting a career this weekend.
Yeah, I noticed that one of the SI guys isn't admitting that the double transfer thing is a bug yet.

Last edited by MikeVick7 : 12-01-2006 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:31 PM   #414
AlexB
Pro Starter

FWIW I've been playing the patched game most of today, with a new game, and it seems OK - haven't paid double for anyone, haven't had any problems with the contract renewal (even tried to use it to avoid paying compensation to some staff but to no avail!), Rooney's ban has gone and there are managers whose jobs are on the line, all of which have been reported elsewhere.

I have been generally (actually scratch the word generally from this sentence) disappointed with FM since the change from CM, but the patched version of 07 seems to be a return to form.

From my experience, dive in.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 03:56 PM   #415
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post

It looks like there are people having this error using the CD.

I have decided not to install the patch until SI release a fix as I don't want to risk any of my saved games.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 05:17 PM   #416
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so i can't sign more than 1 non-EU player per year in Italy and send them to feeder clubs? that's frustrating (although probably accurate)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 10:19 PM   #417
SackAttack
Head Coach

Anybody know if "View Only" keeps players available for transfers, but just doesn't allow you to actually hold jobs in that nation?

I'm curious whether setting up a league with two playable leagues and several 'view only' leagues would increase my scouts' ability to actually find new players.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:11 AM   #418
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Anybody know if "View Only" keeps players available for transfers, but just doesn't allow you to actually hold jobs in that nation?

I'm curious whether setting up a league with two playable leagues and several 'view only' leagues would increase my scouts' ability to actually find new players.

from what I understand, celecting a league as "view only" doesn't retain more players. You need to retain the country to make more players available in that country.

Also, I'm not sure I remember if you could pick one country with some playable leagues and some view only leagues within the same country. Always thought the playability was something you assigned to a country, not to specific league within a country. But I may remember wrong on that one...

FM
Old 12-04-2006, 04:43 PM   #419
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

*laughs* 2011-12 Champions League has hit the Semi-Final stage.

Newcastle-Chelsea
Arsenal-ManYoo

Yes, the four English teams in the draw all made it to the semifinal stage

Two of the teams left in the FA Cup are amongst those four

ManYoo-Charlton
Everton-Chelsea

and with 5-6 games to play, here's the EPL Standings

Chelsea (33) 68 Points
Arsenal (32) 68 Points
ManYoo (32) 65 Points
Newcastle (33) 65 Points.

Think the top four are dominating this year?
Old 12-04-2006, 04:54 PM   #420
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I bet at least one of those teams didn't even win their own conference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:09 PM   #421
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
*laughs* 2011-12 Champions League has hit the Semi-Final stage.

Newcastle-Chelsea
Arsenal-ManYoo

That's too bad. I really had high hopes for this game, but it's obviously broken beyond all hope.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:19 PM   #422
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

I always cringe when all 4 english teams make the semis in the Champions League, cause it happens...a lot.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:10 AM   #423
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hooooleee shit.

In the ManYoo-Arsenal CL Semifinal, Arsenal were the much better team in the first leg, and won 2-0. So for the 2nd leg at Old Trafford, ManYoo were pretty much doomed.

A) They had to win 2-0 to force Extra Time/Penalties
B) Win by three clear goals or more to advance

Anything else would not be enough, and considering we (*) were playing the best goalie in the game (Igor Akinfeev, who Arsenal bought for 26.5 Million Pounds this year), that would be a tall task.

We got a first half goal from Wayne Rooney, but it was still 2-1 on aggregate entering the 2nd half, and we would need THREE goals if Arsenal scored again.

Minute 51: Rooney hits a 30 yard chip over the backpedaling Akinfeev to tie things up!

Minute 62: Lukas Podolski in a scramble in front of the net, knocks in a rebound! 3-2, Man Yoo! (of course, this still meant that if Arsenal scored, they would lead on the away goal)

Minute 88: Arsenal keep pressing, and on a counter attack/break by ManYoo, Marc-Andre Kruska scores to make it 4-0 on the night, 4-2 on aggregate, and we're through to the final!

Holy shit.. I was literally dancing in front of the computer screen.

(*) Yes, I'm the Evil Guy in charge of Man Yoo, but I didn't start there, I moved there last year after 4 1/2 seasons in charge of Tottenham, and I'm not sure they're not still burning me in effigy there
Old 12-05-2006, 02:28 AM   #424
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7 View Post
I always cringe when all 4 english teams make the semis in the Champions League, cause it happens...a lot.

Foz was telling me he thinks it happens when some of the other leagues are non-playable...that the English teams end up building up more talented squads than do sides in leagues that end up with no real result, and so that's why the English teams are more frequently successful.

Wonder how true that is.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:35 AM   #425
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

it's not the case in my game, I have something like 50 or so nations and 105 or so leagues (yeah, it runs slow, but I have the net to pass the time)
Old 12-05-2006, 12:02 PM   #426
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ended up winning the CL, which is a good way to finish that save game as I install the patch, and time to start playing MLS
Old 12-05-2006, 12:47 PM   #427
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Foz was telling me he thinks it happens when some of the other leagues are non-playable...that the English teams end up building up more talented squads than do sides in leagues that end up with no real result, and so that's why the English teams are more frequently successful.

Wonder how true that is.
I think there definitely is some truth in this. That's why I keep some of the major leagues playing, at least in the backround, like Italy, Germany and Spain just so that they just don't sit there.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #428
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Seriously, how the fark can a team be considered the best in Europe when they weren't even the best in their own country? This is a travesty, I tells ya!
Old 12-05-2006, 06:30 PM   #429
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Seriously, how the fark can a team be considered the best in Europe when they weren't even the best in their own country? This is a travesty, I tells ya!

Didnt liverpool win the CL last year and finished like 8th in the EPL? They had to create a special rule to allow liverpool into the CL to defend since they didnt qualify for it this year with their leauge ranking in EPL when the won the CL
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #430
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Didnt liverpool win the CL last year and finished like 8th in the EPL? They had to create a special rule to allow liverpool into the CL to defend since they didnt qualify for it this year with their leauge ranking in EPL when the won the CL

I don't remember where they finished, but they didn't finish in the Top 4, which is required to play in the CL. That was really a different scenario. I'm just making fun of people who say you have to win your conference in order to win the nation. And I'm not trying to get into an argument about it or anything (because I honestly don't care) -- just having a little fun.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:20 PM   #431
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7 View Post
I think there definitely is some truth in this. That's why I keep some of the major leagues playing, at least in the backround, like Italy, Germany and Spain just so that they just don't sit there.

Yeah on my old PC I was pretty much just limited to English teams and loading all players from the 4 other "home" nations and English teams completely dominated.

Thankfully now on my new PC I can play with 10 leagues and I haven't seen the same domination from the English clubs so far at least.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #432
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post

Hey now, they only came in 5th in the league (one outside the qualification spot) two years ago. And yeah, they were given special exemption into last year's tournament to defend ... although they had to start at the earliest qualification rounds.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 08:52 AM   #433
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Going to share a story here, even if it's WSM 06. So I'm in my first season at Vauxhall Motors. We started off in the top half, but have since fallen to 18th. We play a 3-5-2, with my D-line split wide, so I just have one centre back and two fullbacks, then two DMs to help fill in the holes in the middle. Then one MC, my wingers moved up to the AML and AMR spots, and two strikers. Our offense is great, tied for first in goals scored (21 in 13 games), but our defence is crap -- giving up more goals than anyone else in the league by far (26 in 13 games).

Anyway, we're playing minnows Chertsey in the early stages of the FA Trophy. We're up 1-0 in the 89th minute, when my left fullback gets a red card. No big deal, we can hold out for 5 more minutes or so, right? No. They score pretty much immediately. No big deal, we'll just play them at home. However, that guy was my only left defender! So I modify my line, and put everyone in as centre backs. The result? A 1-1 draw, in which we were up a man for probably 100 minutes or so. We lose on penalties 5-3, but that's okay -- we should really focus more on getting promoted, right? Or maybe avoiding relegation.

Anyway, our next match is against Kettering. Our left fullback is back, but our left winger is out -- and again, that's our only left winger! So I switch to a 3-4-3. I move my right winger to a third striker, move my MC up to AMC, move one of my DMs up to MC, bring in another MC to replace my injured winger, then keep one DM in the middle, so my 4 middies are in kind of a narrow diamond formation. Since I don't have two DMs to fill in those gaps in my D-Line, I bring my left defender in to play centre back -- this is really the only guy playing out of position now. It's a home game, but I'm basically just crossing my fingers and hoping we don't get burned too badly. The result? Kettering gets on the board, first then the rest of the scoring is ours -- all 8 goals! Even after sending our striker, Tom Rooney (who rocks, by the way), off for a standing ovation and having a right fullback play forward after the 86th minute, we still put up another goal! Anyway, after the 8-1 victory, our offense is by far the best now, and our 27 goals allowed is only two more than the next worst team. Oh, and we move up the charts, to 17th! Huzzah! Anyway, I've got a bit of a condundrum. That winger was one of my 2 or 3 best players, but we managed to really dominate by focusing our passing through the middle. Any ideas?
Old 12-06-2006, 09:01 AM   #434
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I started my first WWSM 07 career last night. Now I have the task of learning my team again. It's always a bit of a chore to get started. Once I'm rolling, I'm fine, but the initial setup of my team always makes me groan a little bit.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #435
cougarfreak
College Starter

Is this game really on $24.99 on amazon? And are all patches out for the WWSM as well, or should I go to gamestop and get FM? Also, how will it run on a laptop that is 1.5 ghz (not dual core), with 1.5 gigs of ram?
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:43 AM   #436
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarfreak View Post
Is this game really on $24.99 on amazon? And are all patches out for the WWSM as well, or should I go to gamestop and get FM? Also, how will it run on a laptop that is 1.5 ghz (not dual core), with 1.5 gigs of ram?

It'll run fine, I've been going with 16 leagues from 10 countries on a 1.6ghz (not dual core) and 1gig of ram and it's nice and quick.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:57 AM   #437
cougarfreak
College Starter

Wow.......din't realize the price was that reduced. Last version I bought was $50 i believe.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:17 AM   #438
Desnudo
Coordinator

Just had my first red card rescinded on appeal. I love the asst. manager advice on that subject. It's hard to tell from the game highlight whether or not you should appeal.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:21 AM   #439
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
Just had my first red card rescinded on appeal. I love the asst. manager advice on that subject. It's hard to tell from the game highlight whether or not you should appeal.

Why wouldn't you always appeal? I never understood that.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #440
Desnudo
Coordinator

I think it reduces your future chances if the FA thinks you are a crybaby.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:23 AM   #441
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Is there a penalty if you appeal and fail?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:30 AM   #442
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

yes, you could get a touchline ban (ie it takes longer to do tactic changes/substitutions, since you're up in the crowd) for excessive appealing, plus the refs take a dimmer view against your teams.

Also, if you want to complain about a ref's decision in public, MAKE SURE you get it right before complaining, the FA can fine your team for bringing the game into direpute if you spend too much time slamming the refs in public.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:41 AM   #443
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
yes, you could get a touchline ban (ie it takes longer to do tactic changes/substitutions, since you're up in the crowd) for excessive appealing, plus the refs take a dimmer view against your teams.

Also, if you want to complain about a ref's decision in public, MAKE SURE you get it right before complaining, the FA can fine your team for bringing the game into direpute if you spend too much time slamming the refs in public.

how accurate is the AI? 1-1 tie, a goal late was taken away bc they said I was offsides. I know the offsides rule and he was clearly not OFFSIDES. I bitch and moan in a postgame and they touchlined me and said that it appeared that the ref got the call right. I'm like WTF.

Edit: But what I thought was cool, the guy who got the goal taken away was like in his personal tab that something like he liked that I fought for his goal or something or he thought I was right.

Last edited by Ramzavail : 12-06-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:47 AM   #444
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Sounds pretty accurate to me. How often does a league admit when their officials mess up?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:48 AM   #445
Ramzavail
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Sounds pretty accurate to me. How often does a league admit when their officials mess up?

good point, but dont ban me, geez.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #446
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I've wondered about offsides, too. I thought I knew the rule, but I see offsides calls where the guy doesn't look offsides at all -- sometimes it happens when a guy is making a run around midfield, and it's not even a counter attack or anything -- there are TONS of guys in front of him. Am I missing something or does anyone else see this?
Old 12-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #447
Desnudo
Coordinator

I think it's hard to tell with the size of the dots relative to the size of the pitch. So two guys that look even, may not be because the circle is bigger than the actual player size, if you follow me. It makes it hard to tell, I almost never complain about bad offides calls.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #448
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
how accurate is the AI? 1-1 tie, a goal late was taken away bc they said I was offsides. I know the offsides rule and he was clearly not OFFSIDES. I bitch and moan in a postgame and they touchlined me and said that it appeared that the ref got the call right. I'm like WTF.

I know, managers just can't say anything now without getting into trouble

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...wn/6140922.stm

Newell faces inquiry on 'sexism'

It is bad enough with the incapable referees and linesmen we have but if you start bringing in women, you have big problems

Mike Newell

Luton manager Mike Newell could be in trouble with the Football Association after launching a scathing attack on women officials.
Newell was furious that assistant referee Amy Rayner failed to award his side a penalty in the 3-2 loss to QPR.
He said: "She shouldn't be here. I know that sounds sexist but I am sexist. This is not park football, so what are women doing here?"
The FA has confirmed it will be examining Newell's remarks.
A spokesman said: "All we can say at the moment is that we will be investigating when we have discovered what was said."
Newell was incensed that Rayner and referee Andy D'Urso failed to award his side a spot-kick when QPR defender Marcus Bignot tangled with Carlos Edwards in the penalty box.
"It is tokenism - for the politically-correct idiots," said Newell.
"We have a problem in this country with political correctness and bringing women into the game is not the way to improve refereeing and officialdom.
"It is absolutely beyond belief. When do we reach a stage when all officials are women because then we are in trouble?

English football needs more Amy Rayners.

Referees' chief Neale Barry

"It is bad enough with the incapable referees and linesmen we have but if you start bringing in women, you have big problems."

AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:34 PM   #449
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I've wondered about offsides, too. I thought I knew the rule, but I see offsides calls where the guy doesn't look offsides at all -- sometimes it happens when a guy is making a run around midfield, and it's not even a counter attack or anything -- there are TONS of guys in front of him. Am I missing something or does anyone else see this?
I think the game gets the offsides call wrong A LOT. It almost happens every game. One of my guys will get a pass and there sometimes will be 2-3 defenders between him and the goal and the player that the pass goes to will just be standing still. It's very weird.

Last edited by MikeVick7 : 12-06-2006 at 03:35 PM.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:39 PM   #450
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

What's the status with the patch? Do those bugs still exist? Is there a fix shortly on the way? Has Pumpy started his career? I don't think I'll start my career until Pumpy does.

I need answers.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote