Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2006, 09:20 PM   #151
Izulde
Head Coach

In terms of national side managers, are all nations now eligible for you to manage rather than just the limited amount in FM06?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:50 PM   #152
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Anyone found some decent skins to use?

I'm looking for a skin that's almost exactly like the default one, but does a better job of differentiating the players' attributes from each other. Like 15-20 is green, 10-15 is yellow, and 0-10 is gray or something.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 11:02 PM   #153
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Anyone found some decent skins to use?

I'm looking for a skin that's almost exactly like the default one, but does a better job of differentiating the players' attributes from each other. Like 15-20 is green, 10-15 is yellow, and 0-10 is gray or something.
You can change that yourself. Lemme see if I can find the steps.

Go into the data folder and then click on the settings folder. Then open up the "fm colours" file in notepad. The lines you edit are right at the top.

colour name="low attribute" red="180" green="180" blue="0"/>
colour name="normal attribute" red="220" green="220" blue="0" />
colour name="good attribute" red="255" green="204" blue="0" />
colour name="excellent attribute" red="255" green="160" blue="0" />

Last edited by MikeVick7 : 10-25-2006 at 11:05 PM.
MikeVick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:27 AM   #154
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

That's awesome! Thanks!
Old 10-26-2006, 01:07 AM   #155
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Hrm, sadly that didn't work. Do I need to do something to make FM see the changes?
Old 10-26-2006, 01:10 AM   #156
SackAttack
Head Coach

flere, is what he posted what the file already says, or what they need to be changed to?

Also, did you have FM already open, or did you make the changes, save the file, and THEN open it?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:22 AM   #157
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

What he posted is what the file already says.

I had FM closed, made the changes, saved the file, and then opened FM. I also tried "reloading the skin" from the preferences (by clicking on "confirm").

I should note that I'm actually using the Vanilla PC Demo, not the real game, but anticipate wanting to do this with the real game when I (hopefully) get it in the mail this weekend.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:23 AM   #158
SackAttack
Head Coach

flere, what settings were you trying to change it to? I'll give it a shot as I've got the full game, and I'll see if anything's different for you.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:32 AM   #159
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

colour name="low attribute" red="150" green="150" blue="0"/>
colour name="normal attribute" red="200" green="200" blue="0" />
colour name="good attribute" red="0" green="0" blue="200" />
colour name="excellent attribute" red="0" green="200" blue="0" />

Based on trying these colors out in a paint program, I think they'd make it easier to see the differences in the attributes.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:42 AM   #160
SackAttack
Head Coach

flere,

Uncheck the option about skin cache and check the one about reload skin on confirm, then click confirm.

That'll solve the problem.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:44 AM   #161
SackAttack
Head Coach

dola,

That's without trying the settings you just posted. I fooled around with some of my own trying to make it work (red, yellow, green, teal).

They look good, FWIW. There's also a graphical one that looks damn good as well.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:52 AM   #162
SackAttack
Head Coach

Old 10-26-2006, 02:28 AM   #163
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Hey, that worked great! Thanks!
Old 10-26-2006, 02:30 AM   #164
SackAttack
Head Coach

No, sir. Thank YOU.

Fiddling around with that to see why it wouldn't work has resulted in a color scheme I like much, much better.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:35 AM   #165
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

What RGB values did you end up using?
Old 10-26-2006, 02:41 AM   #166
SackAttack
Head Coach

low is pure red - 255, 0, 0
average is pure yellow - 255, 255, 0
good is pure green - 0, 255, 0
excellent is teal - 0, 255, 255
Old 10-26-2006, 02:51 AM   #167
SackAttack
Head Coach

Here's that graphical element, btw (you don't have to fool with anything else in fm colours.xml to see it this way. Just check the appropriate options in preferences):

Old 10-26-2006, 03:04 AM   #168
Icy
Pro Starter

This is one of the great things of FM skinning, everybody can have his FM looking as they want it. For example, I don't like a lot using blue, green stands more for me about being something good/correct (maybe from the traffic lights). So mine is more about dark red/light orange/light green and using a brilliant green for excellent. I like also having a darker background that doesn't distract me, edited the default with photoshop to have an almost black one.

Here are my settings:

low attribute" red="140" green="45" blue="60"
normal attribute" red="190" green="170" blue="60"
good attribute" red="110" green="230" blue="110"
excellent attribute" red="0" green="255" blue="0"

and a screen shoot:

Last edited by Icy : 10-26-2006 at 03:08 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 03:11 AM   #169
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Here's that graphical element, btw (you don't have to fool with anything else in fm colours.xml to see it this way. Just check the appropriate options in preferences):

Looks good, also using the graphics element is a good way of having some fog of war, you can see how long the bars are, but not the exact numerical value.

Old 10-26-2006, 03:29 AM   #170
SackAttack
Head Coach

Icy, how'd you get the arrows to show up? Is that an XML edit or something in the preferences?

As far as the colors I chose, yeah, I went with red-yellow-green patterned after traffic signals, but to me the teal really stands out much better than the green, which is why I chose it for the excellent attributes. That way, the stuff a player really excels at jumps out at me. A guy having green across the board is great, but green won't draw my eye to something unusual or exceptional the way teal will.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:56 AM   #171
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Icy, how'd you get the arrows to show up? Is that an XML edit or something in the preferences?

Select it in the player view drop down menu.

Old 10-26-2006, 04:14 AM   #172
SackAttack
Head Coach

Thank you, sir. That's an improvement. Now I can tinker better with training.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:51 AM   #173
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

SackAttack - good call on turning off the skin cache. I forgot about that pesky little detail.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:50 AM   #174
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Fuck. An english friend sent me FM2007 and I got it today, but we have our first showstopper bug.

MLS is unplayable, the game crashes when you get an exchange offer.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:06 AM   #175
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ugh. that sucks. blah...part of me wants to go online and have FM shipped over from the UK and then give away my copy of WWSM when it gets here or something.

lol
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 04:10 PM   #176
path12
Coordinator

Just got my copy from CD-Wow!!! Funny thing, on the back of the package it says "not for sale outside South East Asia". Will be loading tonight -- w00t!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 04:27 AM   #177
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
MLS is unplayable, the game crashes when you get an exchange offer.
I'll make sure this is looked at - is this a problem that occurs everytime? (if so it surprises me that it got through testing).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:25 AM   #178
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Just got my copy from CD-Wow!!! Funny thing, on the back of the package it says "not for sale outside South East Asia". Will be loading tonight -- w00t!!!

I had a copy of FM2006 that I bought from GoGamer last year that said the same thing on it. It worked fine, but I couldn't quite get it out of my mind that it was some pirated copy of the game and I was cheating SI out of good money. This year my copy from GoGamer is quite normal.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:17 PM   #179
PraetorianX
High School JV

So, for anybody still with Amazon I got an e-mail saying there was a delay (What? REALLY?!?!) and apparently it won't ship untill Nov. 3rd, meaning the earlier it will arrive (w/next day shipping) is Monday Nov. 6th.

Depending on when the Digital Download version comes out, I may just take that. But I'm still not so sure about that given last years problems, and I don't mean the patch delay as that didn't bug me too much...but the game not working right (i.e. - hyperthreading not working).

Anyway, is this game ever going to be released properly over here? Just one year where things actually go right and it's all released on time and such, that'd be great. The way things are going American players are just going to feel less and less compelled to support the American version of the game because SEGA America and their retailers can never get anything right.
PraetorianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 12:21 PM   #180
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
I'll make sure this is looked at - is this a problem that occurs everytime? (if so it surprises me that it got through testing).

It's happened to me 5 times so far Marc. I created a thread on it on the SIGames board and uploaded the DMP file to the SI Games FTP (I put my nick (SirFozzie) on it to make sure it was recognized)
Old 10-29-2006, 12:42 PM   #181
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I had a copy of FM2006 that I bought from GoGamer last year that said the same thing on it. It worked fine, but I couldn't quite get it out of my mind that it was some pirated copy of the game and I was cheating SI out of good money.

IIRC, I bought something a year or two ago from GoGamer that had the same label (and gave me the same worries). Can't remember what the heck game it was though.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:36 PM   #182
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

Let me play devil's advocate here, but iirc no quickstart for the MLS are given in the demo, right? Or at least not that I've seen in the last few releases.

Wouldn't that be something you would have benefited from, at least to give you a headstart for the first patch? I say headstart because I wouldn't expect you to correct it for release, as I know the gold demo is based on the same thing as the released game. Just some food for thoughts, not that I care all that much, as I usually don't play in the MLS...

FM
Old 10-29-2006, 09:31 PM   #183
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
So, for anybody still with Amazon I got an e-mail saying there was a delay (What? REALLY?!?!) and apparently it won't ship untill Nov. 3rd, meaning the earlier it will arrive (w/next day shipping) is Monday Nov. 6th.

Depending on when the Digital Download version comes out, I may just take that. But I'm still not so sure about that given last years problems, and I don't mean the patch delay as that didn't bug me too much...but the game not working right (i.e. - hyperthreading not working).

Anyway, is this game ever going to be released properly over here? Just one year where things actually go right and it's all released on time and such, that'd be great. The way things are going American players are just going to feel less and less compelled to support the American version of the game because SEGA America and their retailers can never get anything right.

what you said, without the angst. Foz has a copy of WWSM from Amazon for me, but at this point I could prolly order FM from England and get it right about the same damm day.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:50 PM   #184
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post

I also preordered from Amazon and received the same e-mail from them this weekend. I'm not in a rush to get the game but it is frustrating nonetheless.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:50 AM   #185
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Let me play devil's advocate here, but iirc no quickstart for the MLS are given in the demo, right? Or at least not that I've seen in the last few releases.

Wouldn't that be something you would have benefited from, at least to give you a headstart for the first patch? I say headstart because I wouldn't expect you to correct it for release, as I know the gold demo is based on the same thing as the released game. Just some food for thoughts, not that I care all that much, as I usually don't play in the MLS...

The reason we only give out a few quickstarts with the demo is purely because each one has to go through seperate QA to the main game (as the demo exe is obviously different to the final CD based game).

This takes a considerable amount of time to do and thus we limit the demo quick starts to those which we believe most people will use (simply because our time is finite and we prefer to get the demo out before the game itself is released - this allows us to gain feedback from people prior to the games release and also allows users to make their minds up regarding purchasing the game in advance of it hitting retail).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:13 AM   #186
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
The reason we only give out a few quickstarts with the demo is purely because each one has to go through seperate QA to the main game (as the demo exe is obviously different to the final CD based game).

This takes a considerable amount of time to do and thus we limit the demo quick starts to those which we believe most people will use (simply because our time is finite and we prefer to get the demo out before the game itself is released - this allows us to gain feedback from people prior to the games release and also allows users to make their minds up regarding purchasing the game in advance of it hitting retail).

thanks for explaining and I see your point of view but I think if you really want to hit on the North American market, you'll have to get people from this side of the pond a bit more involved, or at least feeling like they are more involved and more considered.

I still feel it's one heck of a game you got there, but I'm sold to your product and I'm buying the FM version of it. See the grumpling about the North American release for more example of what I mean.

FM
Old 10-30-2006, 12:07 PM   #187
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I've had multiple exchange offers in my MLS game and no crashes so far. /cross fingers
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:17 PM   #188
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
I've had multiple exchange offers in my MLS game and no crashes so far. /cross fingers

Try negotiating a trade where someone offers you a draft pick, and you want a player added.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:40 PM   #189
PraetorianX
High School JV

So after writing Amazon, here's (part of) what I got...

Quote:
I have researched the availability of "Worldwide Soccer Manager
2007" and learned that this item has not yet been released and the
expected release date is November 3, 2006.

Please note that we do rely on the publisher for release date
information.

Bah.
PraetorianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #190
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Try negotiating a trade where someone offers you a draft pick, and you want a player added.

yep just had it happen

boy does that suck
Old 10-30-2006, 03:13 PM   #191
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

ah good, Marc is viewing this. I sent him the steps that everyone can agree on seeing.

1. Getting an offer for a player from a computer controlled MLS team where they offer a draft pick for the player
2. Negotiating and adding a player to the trade (so they're offering a pick+player for your player)
3. They Respond..
4. Crash
Old 10-30-2006, 03:19 PM   #192
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

I actually had a Player+Pick offered for a player but added another player so it's Player+Player+Pick for Player and they accepted and when I went to agree boom.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:07 AM   #193
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

ok wow in my game Chelsea just bought Kaka from Milan for $102,000,000.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:09 PM   #194
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

And Steven Gerrard was bought for 77 million. Daaaamn.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:22 PM   #195
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
And Steven Gerrard was bought for 77 million. Daaaamn.

They way he's playing in my career, I wouldn't even sell him for that.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #196
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

as I am really, really, really hoping my copy of the game will be in the mailbox when I get home today, you know, today being my birthday an all, so I'm beginning to think of a possible game setup. What kind of setup has everyone gone with on this version? Countries, leagues, kind of computer would be appreciated. How fast is it going for you?

Also, what are the options as far as level of details now? I think I saw something about having no details in some league, is that like basic details from FM2006?

My birthday/xmas gift was a new computer, an AMD X2 dual core 4200+ running at 2 Ghz with 2Gb or RAM so I'd think the game will fly on that kind of new setup

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 11-01-2006 at 02:58 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:20 PM   #197
Router Help

Not sure what kind of speeds you are comfortable with, but this game seems to move much faster for me than FM2006.
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #198
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I was going to order from Amazon and (hopefully) have it here by next Monday, but I'll just wait for the first patch to come out, whenever that will be.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:04 PM   #199
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
as I am really, really, really hoping my copy of the game will be in the mailbox when I get home today, you know, today being my birthday an all, so I'm beginning to think of a possible game setup. What kind of setup has everyone gone with on this version? Countries, leagues, kind of computer would be appreciated. How fast is it going for you?

Also, what are the options as far as level of details now? I think I saw something about having no details in some league, is that like basic details from FM2006?

My birthday/xmas gift was a new computer, an AMD X2 dual core 4200+ running at 2 Ghz with 2Gb or RAM so I'd think the game will fly on that kind of new setup

FM

First at all happy birthday!

I bought exactly same processor and ram a month ago and i can say that FM flies on it. Once the first patch is released this could be the best FM ever.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:08 PM   #200
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Weehee!!!! It was indeed waiting for me in the mailbox Happy birthday to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Router Help View Post
Not sure what kind of speeds you are comfortable with, but this game seems to move much faster for me than FM2006.

Well, I've always been used to some fairly slow speed, mostly due to the fact that I ran WSM2006 on my Athlon 2000+ (1.67Ghz/1GB RAM) with 3 or 4 nations. It would kind of crawl around the time of the transfer windows even with a small database. FM2007 being faster than 2006 is also what I have read elsewhere. Hopefully, it'll stay fast even after a few seasons...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
First at all happy birthday!

I bought exactly same processor and ram a month ago and i can say that FM flies on it. Once the first patch is released this could be the best FM ever.

Thanks Icy

May I ask how many leagues you are running on that sweet machine of yours? (it is indeed a nice little combo )

I read just a little about manageable vs non-manageable and then the level of detail. Will probably run some test over the next couple of days before I settle on one football universe...

If people have setups, feel free to share them.

FM