Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-21-2006, 01:30 PM   #101
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Duffy View Post
It wont be available for download during those dates. Not sure where you got them from.
Given that Amazon is now listing the release date for WWSM as November 1, I guess this means that WWSM will not be out before the end of October. This is disappointing news, because I was hoping to buy it this month.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:36 PM   #102
Easy Mac

You can buy it this month, you just won't get it until the next
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:27 PM   #103
SackAttack
Head Coach

Just occurred to me, I've got a guy on the squad on a work permit, but I don't see anything in his profile about the number of matches he has to play.

Has that changed?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:00 PM   #104
PraetorianX
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Given that Amazon is now listing the release date for WWSM as November 1, I guess this means that WWSM will not be out before the end of October. This is disappointing news, because I was hoping to buy it this month.

I'm wondering whats going on at Amazon. On my order it still says that it'll be shipped on the 24th, arrive on the 25th. Even though the normal page for WWSM 07 says it won't be released untill Nov. 1st

Hopefully the dates on the page for my order are correct,
PraetorianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:54 AM   #105
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Just occurred to me, I've got a guy on the squad on a work permit, but I don't see anything in his profile about the number of matches he has to play.

Has that changed?

I dont think it has been in the previous two. In this version, you can sign a player but he might not have a work permit so you should try to get a feeder club in Belgium
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 03:49 AM   #106
SackAttack
Head Coach

Okay, so I just hit June 1st.

Tomas Kuszczak just completed his transfer to Manchester United for $3.8 million (it had been pending since season's start).

Should I have received that money way back when, making the amount irrelevant to me right now, or should I be concerned that my P&L now shows a loss of $3,799,000 for the month after that move went through?
Old 10-22-2006, 03:51 AM   #107
SackAttack
Head Coach

You know what, I'm reading that wrong. I'm sorry.

It's in red, but it's in red for 'net transfer SPEND,' so I actually have a monthly profit of $3,799,000.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:56 AM   #108
SackAttack
Head Coach

Hmm. I'm looking at a kiddie I want to sign, and it looks like it'd be cheaper to buy him from his team than to try to sign him on a free, since compensation is involved.

Will the team insist on a transfer fee closer to the compensation amount?
Old 10-22-2006, 03:57 AM   #109
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Not usually, but there are exceptions
Old 10-22-2006, 04:21 AM   #110
SackAttack
Head Coach

Didn't get that kiddie, but I did manage to get Collins John from West Ham for half what they were asking.

After the spate of injuries to my AMF's and strikers last season, I'm glad to have him. Now if we can only snag Carlton Cole, I think I'll be done buying for now.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:05 PM   #111
Dunleavy
High School JV

so there's no place to get the download verison of the game and a CD at latter date for US?

i wanna play after watch Arsenal today! four nill!

could i atleast save a game from the demo and transfer it with me to the CD when i get it, that should work right? (well on second though that wouldn't give me the gobal depth i prefer since i couldnt add to the limitations of the demo)

Last edited by Dunleavy : 10-22-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Dunleavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:53 PM   #112
SackAttack
Head Coach

Anybody who's been messing with the demo figure out how to set up the mentor/mentee relationship? Do I have to compare two players to one another first, what?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:08 PM   #113
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Anybody who's been messing with the demo figure out how to set up the mentor/mentee relationship? Do I have to compare two players to one another first, what?

there will be options on the mentee's "player interaction" thing at the bottom. make sure you check their personality times first to ensure they don't clash
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:12 PM   #114
SackAttack
Head Coach

Thanks.

Yeah, I've got a striker thing going on with Hartson and a kiddie, they're both enthusiastic.

My goalkeeper is tutoring another young keeper, and while the mentor is happy, the mentee is like "Uhh...okay, but..."
Old 10-23-2006, 04:11 AM   #115
Icy
Pro Starter

The postman was just here and got my FM07 copy today from gameplay, woooot!! Good bye real life!

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:10 AM   #116
TroyF
Coordinator

Game comes in the mail and I start out as Arsenal. While I'm struggling to snag any signing, Chelsea beats me out for Cambiossa (DM from Inter) and then spends 60 millioin and snags Adriano.

Good lord, I have no iea how I'm winning the EPL now.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:08 AM   #117
Icy
Pro Starter

I have started with Newport Country in the Nationwide south (the lowest UK league). We were expected to end at the bottom of the table, but at the half of the season we are 3rd! My team board and supporters are really happy as i am too.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:09 AM   #118
Icy
Pro Starter

Dola, my only complain so far are my scouts, i have two, i heve sent them to scout UK and Wales and after they finished their scout job, they have only reported about two players in UK and zero in Wales...

In the past versions the amount of players found was exagerated but now... they are totally useless.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:52 PM   #119
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Game comes in the mail

Fuck you!

(don't mind me, i'm just jealous)
Old 10-23-2006, 04:05 PM   #120
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

trust me, DT I feel the same way :P

(I ordered two copies of WWSM, one for DT, one for me.. I'm SO hoping that there will be a "shipping" notice from Amazon, but it may be one more week)
Old 10-23-2006, 04:17 PM   #121
PraetorianX
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
trust me, DT I feel the same way :P

(I ordered two copies of WWSM, one for DT, one for me.. I'm SO hoping that there will be a "shipping" notice from Amazon, but it may be one more week)

I'll be hoping the same thing tomorrow! But my order summary screen still says it will ship on the 24th, and I'd like to think that they would have that updated. Hopefully they just had some problem with production or something but got enough for those of us whom have already ordered. Yeah, that'd be nice. (as long as ours aren't mismanufactured, of course)
PraetorianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 04:25 PM   #122
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Fuck you!

(don't mind me, i'm just jealous)

What, you have no caring in your heart for how tough it's going to be dealing with a front line of Schevenko and Adriano in a key match for me next week?

Gee, thanks. . .
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 04:56 PM   #123
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What, you have no caring in your heart for how tough it's going to be dealing with a front line of Schevenko and Adriano in a key match for me next week?

Gee, thanks. . .

I KEEL YOU NOW!
Old 10-23-2006, 05:39 PM   #124
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

My copy should be delivered tomorrow, I stuck with gogamer.com.

Sack or anyone elso who has a copy, has anyone tried MLS? I am curios about gameplay based on the new changes made.
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:41 PM   #125
Icy
Pro Starter

Damn, SI really needs to fix their forums. I'm trying to post a new thread with a small bug for like 30 minutes and it's so slow and ends timing out. I'm about to give up.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:11 PM   #126
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea-Arthurs Hip View Post

Sack or anyone else who has a copy, has anyone tried MLS? I am curios about gameplay based on the new changes made.

Bea:

I'm hearing that there's a bug with MLS Exchange offers (trades) that could crash the game. Can't confirm it yet.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:41 PM   #127
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Game comes in the mail and I start out as Arsenal. While I'm struggling to snag any signing, Chelsea beats me out for Cambiossa (DM from Inter) and then spends 60 millioin and snags Adriano.

Good lord, I have no iea how I'm winning the EPL now.
From tinkering with the demo, you have enough personnel for it or at least enough to make Mourinho sweat just a little.

You tend to have to go slightly lower pricetag/reputation than a Cambiosso, though, in my opinion.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:41 PM   #128
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:

I went with GoGamer too. My copy showed up in the mail today
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:47 PM   #129
path12
Coordinator

Sigh. Went with CD-Wow and hasn't shipped yet. I suppose I'm still a week and a half away.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:44 PM   #130
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Dola, my only complain so far are my scouts, i have two, i heve sent them to scout UK and Wales and after they finished their scout job, they have only reported about two players in UK and zero in Wales...

In the past versions the amount of players found was exagerated but now... they are totally useless.

For what it's worth, I'm seeing far more players listed now...but that might be the cumulative effect of multiple scouting trips (i.e. the players don't vanish into the ether once you go somewhere else, which I always thought was unrealistic to begin with).
Old 10-23-2006, 10:49 PM   #131
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post

Could it be because you have low finances and crappy scuts...i do remember something about levels of scouts mattering heavily in how many players are scouted i thought
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:59 PM   #132
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

and to think i could have maybe possibly had mine today. *pout*

i've gone back to my 06 career, but as we all know it's just not the same! no feeder clubs, no youth players coming up, etc.
Old 10-24-2006, 07:07 AM   #133
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I went with GoGamer too. My copy showed up in the mail today

Old 10-24-2006, 04:10 PM   #134
rexallllsc
Banned

This game is amazing.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:16 PM   #135
rexallllsc
Banned

BTW, Sort it out SI has great kits, logos, titlebar stuff up for the Premiership
Old 10-24-2006, 04:39 PM   #136
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus View Post
From tinkering with the demo, you have enough personnel for it or at least enough to make Mourinho sweat just a little.

You tend to have to go slightly lower pricetag/reputation than a Cambiosso, though, in my opinion.

I'm playing as Liverpool and have a hard time competing. I started with a £7.5 mil transfer budget. Tough. Tough. I can't even get Darijo Srna!
Old 10-24-2006, 04:42 PM   #137
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus View Post

What's funny to me is Mourinho left after one season, and Chelsea's attempt at four straight titles is now in danger as Arsenal are comfortably atop the table.

My West Brom Baggies drew with them (Arsenal), though, easily the accomplishment of our season.

Last edited by SackAttack : 10-24-2006 at 04:43 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:22 PM   #138
rexallllsc
Banned

Just read this on the SI forum:

"Frustrating ? I have just had my first FM07 related incident where I punched the monitor over and had to rescue it before it fell off the desk."
Old 10-25-2006, 03:20 AM   #139
Icy
Pro Starter

Just finished my first season with Newport Co in the Nationwide South (lowest UK division).

My board wanted me to avoid finishing last and at the half of the season we were 3rd and close to the first. After that, some injuries from my key players made us lose a lot of games so we ended 16th.

My board is so happy anyway and has just offered me a new 3 years contract and a raise but i'm a bit frustrated after the good run we had at first. For this new season i need to adjust my training plan and soften it towards end of the season to see if i can avoid injuries.

One of the nice things of FM is how the fans and media react at your accomplishments. At first my fans were so happy and the press saying that i was an excellent manager etc. Once we started to lose games and to go down in the table, the fans and media started to say that even being happy with not being last as we were expected, they were a bit pissed that we couldn't keep our nice run, as they were getting used to watch us win every week.

Stuff like this is what i would love to have in FOF for example, as the only way to see if you are doing well or not in FOF is going to the menu and to watch your franchise value growing or if you are winning titles, but nobody in the game universe is happy or pissed or praises or criticizes you. the kind of stuff helps a lot to the immersion factor and to make you feel into a real universe instead of just checking manually in a spreadsheet if your finances are better or not.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:37 AM   #140
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

woot!

Quote:
|<>| DISPATCH NOTIFICATION |<>|

Dear FrogMan,

Regarding your CD WOW! Order No. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Just to let you know that:

Football Manager 2007 (CD-ROM) - Windows has been dispatched.

Please allow up to 7 days for this item to arrive.

If after this time the above item has not arrived, please do let us know.

This completes your order.

Warmest regards,

CD WOW! Customer Service

I know, I know, many of you have been playing for a little while now, but I went the cheap route. I was ready to wait a few days in order to get the game for about $38cdn, shipping included (or $33us).

The delay was only useful in getting my new computer ready to go. Now I got a good reason to check the mail everyday.

FM
Old 10-25-2006, 08:15 AM   #141
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Even though I'd said I wouldn't do it, I think I'm just waiting for the downloadable version. Since we know it won't be out this month, I'll just have to read stories of the game from all of you until next week or so.
Old 10-25-2006, 08:23 AM   #142
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Even though I'd said I wouldn't do it, I think I'm just waiting for the downloadable version. Since we know it won't be out this month, I'll just have to read stories of the game from all of you until next week or so.

After seeing how I can't reinstall my WSM2006 game on my new computer unless I get into a game of phone tag bitching with Digital River, I have woved never to go with a digidownload again for a version of FM, unless it's the very only option.

I know we have two keys but I apparently had to reissue my second one when I added a stick of RAM to my old computer and the hardware signature changed or something like that. Sucks.

FM
Old 10-25-2006, 08:56 AM   #143
twothree
College Prospect

Hopefully they will use eLicence instead of Digital River. They did use eLicence for NHL EHM 2007.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:01 AM   #144
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
After seeing how I can't reinstall my WSM2006 game on my new computer unless I get into a game of phone tag bitching with Digital River, I have woved never to go with a digidownload again for a version of FM, unless it's the very only option.

I know we have two keys but I apparently had to reissue my second one when I added a stick of RAM to my old computer and the hardware signature changed or something like that. Sucks.
Since WWSM2007 is an "Amazon Prime"-eligible item, I may just go ahead and order it from Amazon. Two-day shipping is free, and next day shipping is cheap. I'm glad my wife decided to go with Amazon Prime. It's lovely stuff.
Old 10-25-2006, 09:03 AM   #145
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Since WWSM2007 is an "Amazon Prime"-eligible item, I may just go ahead and order it from Amazon. Two-day shipping is free, and next day shipping is cheap. I'm glad my wife decided to go with Amazon Prime. It's lovely stuff.

And you can just cancel it in a couple months, paying nothing. Even better.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 09:06 AM   #146
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

And since Amazon still lists it at only $29.99, it's a very good deal for you.

Sadly, they don't deliver to Canada and amazon.ca doesn't have WWSM, bleh.

FM
Old 10-25-2006, 11:07 AM   #147
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
I know, I know, many of you have been playing for a little while now, but I went the cheap route. I was ready to wait a few days in order to get the game for about $38cdn, shipping included (or $33us).

The delay was only useful in getting my new computer ready to go. Now I got a good reason to check the mail everyday.

Got my notice today also -- woo-hoo!! Already planning a sick day for when it arrives.....
Old 10-25-2006, 01:24 PM   #148
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

I have searched in the manual and on SI's site looking for an explanation on the new "opponent instructions" in tactics. How should I be using this? Is this for opponent player specific marking, tackling , etc?
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:25 PM   #149
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I have searched in the manual and on SI's site looking for an explanation on the new "opponent instructions" in tactics. How should I be using this? Is this for opponent player specific marking, tackling , etc?

I think it's mostly so that you have an easier time identifying the tactics being used against you at any point during the match, as opposed to only right before the match.

I finally ended up selling Curtis Davies last night when I got a ton of $25m offers (fortunately he didn't stay in EPL), and my fans ended up being disappointed about that, which I expected, but eh - it paid for four incoming transfers, so it's all good.

What I'm more concerned about is we made a boatload of cash, exceeded the board's preseason expectations...and they were 'disappointed' in our 10th place finish.

Egad, you guys.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:03 PM   #150
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:

You're right - for example if their dangerman is a winger who when he gets going is dynamite, but hs a poor first touch, I set the closing down for this player on this screen as 'Always', with the view that my FB will put pressure on him when he receives the ball that his poor 1st touch can't cope with.

Similarly, show onto weaker foot is ideal for a left footed right winger, or vice versa, as it should (if it works) force him away from goal and to use his weaker foot, reducing the danger...
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote