Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-06-2006, 03:41 PM   #451
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

I wish I played this game in so much detail that I would even notice that there is a bug, cause I never do. Maybe I do notice some but I just shrug them off cause they are never a big deal to me. I don't know??

Last edited by MikeVick7 : 12-06-2006 at 03:41 PM.
MikeVick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #452
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

WOOO!!

post patch (with the point-penalty down to 9) got Juve promoted to Serie A by winning Serie B the first season, and in my 2nd season finished 4th (by 6 points) in Serie A. My most impactful signings have been my Brazilian wonderkids who I first discovered on '06 (names witheld to protect "spoilers") unless peopel want them. But they are a fantastic midfield duo and I have them locked up. Got myself back into the CL too, so I should be back in the cash nice and quick!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:04 PM   #453
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
What's the status with the patch? Do those bugs still exist? Is there a fix shortly on the way? Has Pumpy started his career? I don't think I'll start my career until Pumpy does.

I need answers.

I haven't had a problem with either of the bugs, played a few seasons.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #454
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post

I haven't noticed anything either, but I am just a few months in and haven't tried to resign many of my own players yet.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #455
Desnudo
Coordinator

I've been negotiating and haven't had any problems with the player release bug.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:56 PM   #456
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
What's the status with the patch? Do those bugs still exist? Is there a fix shortly on the way? Has Pumpy started his career? I don't think I'll start my career until Pumpy does.

I need answers.
I started mine last night, baby. I hope the bugs don't bite me, but I couldn't wait any longer.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #457
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well, I finally got the bug last night after a while of not seeing it. Playing in Scottish League 2, trying to get some of my better young guys to agree to full time deals (part-time just doesn't give enough training time) and my 2 starting wingers had their contracts expire. I'm bidding for them again, but I'm up against some bigger teams so I guess they are gone.

I can understand why SI are turning so many customers off to be honest. EHM release was completely botched and for some people at least is still unplayable past season 5 because a bug that was number 1 on the fix list wasn't fixed (note: this is not my personal experience but a lot of people are reporting this) Now FM which ironically was pretty playable for me pre-patch has a bug that is pretty close to a show stopper.

SI's response to this latest bug - promise a fix by "early this week" which we are still waiting for any update on, and a patronising post on the messageboards talking about a "workaround" for the bug which involves offering all your players exactly what they want and hoping they don't get greedy. Um, thanks Captain Obvious but a part of the fun of a sports sim is being able to negotiate. Plus when I'm managing a lower league team, being able to try and negotiate the lowest possible contract is pretty much a necessity for me.

I've been purchasing the soccer game since CM2 and was somewhat involved in the origins of the EHM freeware series and know Riz is a great guy, and also know that once the games are fully patched they will be the best games on the market so I will keep buying both until kingdom come, but I can definitely understand why a lot of people are getting really pissed off. And that is sad, because ultimately I think SI is going to lose customers next year on both their flagship games because of this crap.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:34 PM   #458
Desnudo
Coordinator

Another big thing they need to look at is the breakaway conversion rate. My strikers, all with good composure are probably converting 1-2 out of every 10 clear 1v1s. If you want to keep the score low, fine, but don't show so many breakaways then.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:49 PM   #459
Galaril
Pro Starter

I am curious has anyone been playing as a National team manager? Has there been any improvement in managing an National team fulltime or is it similar to last year?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:59 PM   #460
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Another big thing they need to look at is the breakaway conversion rate. My strikers, all with good composure are probably converting 1-2 out of every 10 clear 1v1s. If you want to keep the score low, fine, but don't show so many breakaways then.

This has been around since the very beginning. If I remember rightly, in CM1 pretty much every chance was a breakaway and you would get your player rounding the keeper at least twice every game and 75% of the time he would score, but it sucked when he missed Oh, and it seemed like at least 1 goal would be disallowed every game when you needed it least... good times.

Anyway, I thought it was much better this year than the last couple, but it could probably still use some working on. You still don't see too many kind of situations where there are passes worked together around the edge of the area and then a shot from 18 yards, but then I have been playing direct style and with crappy teams so maybe that has something to do with it. Overall I think the 2D is definitely going in the right direction.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:20 PM   #461
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I haven't bought this version, but that's bugged since the 2d field showed up - your players constantly have breakaways, but are always caught, by 35 year old defenders who make John Terry look speedy, or start running away from goal for no good reason - finishing skills be damned.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 10:21 PM   #462
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Dola, I should read all previous posts.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:40 AM   #463
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I haven't noticed anything either, but I am just a few months in and haven't tried to resign many of my own players yet.

Quote:
I've been negotiating and haven't had any problems with the player release bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I started mine last night, baby. I hope the bugs don't bite me, but I couldn't wait any longer.

The People have responded. Thanks, fellas.

My first FM career in about 2 years is about to begin!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:23 AM   #464
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
In real-life the conversion rate for one on ones with top strikers is around 35% over the course of a season. This sounds low because you remember the ones they score, not the ones they miss.

This is also the case in the game, although obviously every player can have patches where all shots go in and others where they can't hit a barn door with a banjo.

PS> Cross conversion ratio's are even lower irl - only 30% of crosses from top players (eg. Beckham in his prime) will reach their desired player.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:23 AM   #465
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

PS> An updated patch is now available if you weren't aware.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:30 AM   #466
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post

Excellent.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:42 AM   #467
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

Thanks for the info Marc. I went over to your boards, saw the thread by Marc Duffy about a new build but no download link anywhere in the four pages of the thread, at least none that looked legit.

Do I need to redownload the 80mb 7.0.1 patch or is there a smaller quick fix kind of update that you could link to?

Thanks in advance.

FM
Old 12-07-2006, 07:47 AM   #468
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Is the WWSM patch updated as well or do we have to wait?

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:32 PM   #469
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Is the WWSM patch updated as well or do we have to wait?
The WWSM patch is available in the downloads section. Mine's going really slowww at the moment though.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:45 PM   #470
bhlloy
Coordinator

Very slow indeed... any idea on whether there is a mirror for the WWSM patch? I know the FM version is on Rapidshare and a couple of other sites, haven't been able to find WWSM (465.exe) anywhere else though.

SON OF A BITCH... connection with the server was reset 53mb in. I guess I will have to hold off until a mirror is up.

Last edited by bhlloy : 12-07-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:46 PM   #471
dacman
College Benchwarmer

http://files.filefront.com/WSM_701_U.../fileinfo.html
Old 12-07-2006, 11:09 PM   #472
bhlloy
Coordinator

That link doesn't work for me for some reason. I'm thinking that the SI server will slow down a bit as the evening wears on so I'll try in an hour or so.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:17 PM   #473
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
That link doesn't work for me for some reason...

Do you get a window with a "continue to filefront" link? If so, click on that and it'll take you to it.

If not, try this one: http://hosted.filefront.com/cutterschoice and look for the "WSM updated build" in the list toward the bottom.

Last edited by dacman : 12-07-2006 at 11:19 PM.
dacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #474
bhlloy
Coordinator

No, I keep getting one of two error messages, either the file wasn't found on the server or I have more than one connection active (which I don't)

I could probably sort it out with a reboot, but I have other stuff going on.

EDIT - now getting a page cannot be displayed every time. SI is still under 15kb/s also

Last edited by bhlloy : 12-07-2006 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:27 AM   #475
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
In real-life the conversion rate for one on ones with top strikers is around 35% over the course of a season. This sounds low because you remember the ones they score, not the ones they miss.

This is also the case in the game, although obviously every player can have patches where all shots go in and others where they can't hit a barn door with a banjo.

PS> Cross conversion ratio's are even lower irl - only 30% of crosses from top players (eg. Beckham in his prime) will reach their desired player.

Thanks for the reply, Marc. So 1/3 or so. I really believe this needs looking at. I don't think it's that accurate and not just for my own team.
Old 12-08-2006, 09:27 AM   #476
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

OK, two questions, one simple and one not so:

1. Could someone give me a link to the FM 2007 Vaughan Hints & Tips document, if there is one? Which leads into my next question....

2. As a result, undoubtedly, of my stellar management of Scottish part-timers Queen's Park (taken them to the First Division), I've been offered and accepted the job managing the U.S. National Team. Once I took control, however, the learning curve was pretty high. What's with all the staff? Should I hire more staff (i.e. Physio, Scout, Coaches), like I would for a club team? Does it matter? Can I generally only get Americans for this?

Also, how do people handle the National Pool? What is, in fact, the National Pool? How do people go about finding players for the team, etc....

Any hints & tips on being a National Manager would sure be appreciated.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:57 AM   #477
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

One more quick question: when I send my scout out to scout Scotland, he does so, for about a month, and then finishes, but doesn't tell me. So, I have to manually have him restart his search. Is there any way to get him to indefinitely scout a nation/region? Is this, maybe, a cost-saving measure for my small, small club?
Old 12-08-2006, 11:14 AM   #478
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
One more quick question: when I send my scout out to scout Scotland, he does so, for about a month, and then finishes, but doesn't tell me. So, I have to manually have him restart his search. Is there any way to get him to indefinitely scout a nation/region? Is this, maybe, a cost-saving measure for my small, small club?

When you send him out, the default choice (in the upper right corner) is 1 month. If you change it to "not set" then he goes out until you change his assignment.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 07:09 PM   #479
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
1. Could someone give me a link to the FM 2007 Vaughan Hints & Tips document, if there is one? Which leads into my next question....
There isn't one out yet I'm afraid - I'm planning on getting around to releasing one just as soon as I stop spinning in circles

(currently I'm working on an editor for the PSP version, monitoring the boards for PC patch feedback and assessing if anything new is required and also some other stuff (hush hush ) so I simply haven't had time to finish it off yet.)
Old 12-08-2006, 08:30 PM   #480
Miller Time
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
There isn't one out yet I'm afraid - I'm planning on getting around to releasing one just as soon as I stop spinning in circles

(currently I'm working on an editor for the PSP version, monitoring the boards for PC patch feedback and assessing if anything new is required and also some other stuff (hush hush ) so I simply haven't had time to finish it off yet.)

Any chance we are going to get an editor for the digital download version also? I never realized how much I used the editor to adjust rosters and view hidden attributes, especially when deciding on a new team. Thanks!!
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 10:31 PM   #481
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
Any chance we are going to get an editor for the digital download version also? I never realized how much I used the editor to adjust rosters and view hidden attributes, especially when deciding on a new team. Thanks!!

Yes please. I'm about convinced to buy this game Marc (despite intending to wait till 2008), but a couple of questions. One, will the utilities that the community creates be useable to WWSM users? I recall that some of the save-game editors, to take one example, simply did not work with WWSM 2005. Similarly, is there a "language" option so that I don't get stuck with "soccer" and "field" and what not - ie, for English, as opposed to American?

Lastly, is it preferable for you guys (in terms of the cut that you get) that we buy it from SEGA direct download or via the Amazon's of the world?
Old 12-08-2006, 11:34 PM   #482
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Also known as playing for f'n Arsenal this year.

No, no. I'm not bitter at ALL. Why would you think THAT?!?
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 09:05 AM   #483
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Similarly, is there a "language" option so that I don't get stuck with "soccer" and "field" and what not - ie, for English, as opposed to American?
This is actually located in preferences this year. You can choose between American English, English and Spanish.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:13 AM   #484
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Yes please. I'm about convinced to buy this game Marc (despite intending to wait till 2008), but a couple of questions. One, will the utilities that the community creates be useable to WWSM users? I recall that some of the save-game editors, to take one example, simply did not work with WWSM 2005. Similarly, is there a "language" option so that I don't get stuck with "soccer" and "field" and what not - ie, for English, as opposed to American?

Lastly, is it preferable for you guys (in terms of the cut that you get) that we buy it from SEGA direct download or via the Amazon's of the world?

Utilities/add-ons normally work fine for WSM - when they don't its normally as simple as them looking for an exe called 'FM' instead of WSM and a work-around is normally possible (please note however that most utilities aren't created by SI and therefore the support is somewhat dependant on third-parties).

As far as purchasing goes - either Amazon or DD is great, main thing is to show a real presence in America as that will (hopefully) help us actually get into stores there properly one day.
Old 12-09-2006, 01:54 PM   #485
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Wrong version, I know, but does anyone know of an editor for '06? I have some broken players that I need to fix up and, sans editor, I can't.
Old 12-09-2006, 02:21 PM   #486
PraetorianX
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
When you send him out, the default choice (in the upper right corner) is 1 month. If you change it to "not set" then he goes out until you change his assignment.

Ummm, thats not in '07 for some odd reason. At least, not in MY version of WSM '07. Which annoyed me quite a bit, but I think my current system of scouting is working pretty well for me so, oh well.
PraetorianX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #487
BYU 14
Coordinator

The downloads on SIgames are always so horrendously slow, damn it gets annoying.

Does anybody have a link to a mirror for the full version of WSM 2007, the links below are only for the patch?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 04:17 PM   #488
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Thanks for the update Marc. I'll wait patiently.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:12 PM   #489
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Hey Marc - In the last two versions of the game, whenever you make a "quick" tactic change during the game, the crowd noise always drops off. Is this a problem that is currently being looked at?
Old 12-09-2006, 08:32 PM   #490
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus View Post
Wrong version, I know, but does anyone know of an editor for '06? I have some broken players that I need to fix up and, sans editor, I can't.

I thought '06 got an editor at some point.

My version of '07 has one, but it's pretty rudimentary and actually eats more system resources than the game itself does, oddly.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 10:27 PM   #491
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I thought '06 got an editor at some point.

My version of '07 has one, but it's pretty rudimentary and actually eats more system resources than the game itself does, oddly.

Comes with database editor. I need a save game editor, though. Although there is no roster limit, the game, in fact, kinda breaks around 130. Loaned out players becomes ghosts-like, on neither team yet on both. Only hurt a few times when they were very talented. But we grooved on.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:50 PM   #492
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7 View Post
Hey Marc - In the last two versions of the game, whenever you make a "quick" tactic change during the game, the crowd noise always drops off. Is this a problem that is currently being looked at?
I know that FrogMan and I have brought this up several times since last year, but there's never really been any response at all. I hate to sound nasty, but this seems like a problem that SI doesn't even care to acknowledge, much less attempt to fix.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:43 PM   #493
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I know that FrogMan and I have brought this up several times since last year, but there's never really been any response at all. I hate to sound nasty, but this seems like a problem that SI doesn't even care to acknowledge, much less attempt to fix.
Yeah, I know this was brought up last year as well. I guess I'm working under the premise of throw enough stuff against the wall...
Old 12-10-2006, 09:28 AM   #494
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

I have v2006 (my first version and I still have plenty to learn) and want to try before making a decision whether to update or maybe wait a year. Is the WWSM try and buy only available for download from SI's site? I was going to try it today but it d'loads at SI's usual speed which will take anywhere from 12 to 24 hours on my broadband connection. Any mirrors out there?

Does it have UK english as a language option?

Also did SI end up going with elicense (please no DR)?

If not, I see it is only $25 from amazon so I could go that way if I decide to buy.

Thanks.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #495
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
I have v2006 (my first version and I still have plenty to learn) and want to try before making a decision whether to update or maybe wait a year. Is the WWSM try and buy only available for download from SI's site? I was going to try it today but it d'loads at SI's usual speed which will take anywhere from 12 to 24 hours on my broadband connection. Any mirrors out there?
They did when it was first released, not sure if they do anymore.

Quote:
Does it have UK english as a language option?
Yes, it's in preferences this year.

Quote:
Also did SI end up going with elicense (please no DR)?
Yes, it's elicense this year.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:42 PM   #496
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:

Not belittling the problem, but I take it you're aware that if you hit pause and then play, the sound comes back?

Hopefully they'll get round to fixing it, but it may take some time - they've only just in the last patch fixed the defensive FK instructions changing themselves, and this was first reported on FM2005.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #497
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
They did when it was first released, not sure if they do anymore.

Yes, it's in preferences this year.

Yes, it's elicense this year.

Thanks for the info.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 03:02 PM   #498
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts View Post
Not belittling the problem, but I take it you're aware that if you hit pause and then play, the sound comes back?

Hopefully they'll get round to fixing it, but it may take some time - they've only just in the last patch fixed the defensive FK instructions changing themselves, and this was first reported on FM2005.
Oh yeah, fully aware of it. Just getting tired of having to do that everytime.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #499
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts View Post

Thank you! I've been bitching about the defensive FK instructions in the FM 2006 thread forever, and no one else seemed to notice!
Old 12-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #500
Scholes
High School Varsity

For those that are looking for something a little different, I've created a European Super League using the Scottish League as the template. I also did this for FM 2005 and 06, but the editor (for some reason) is not quite as sophisticated as those versions were. So, to ensure that teams still had reserve squads, all the teams nationalites have been switched to Scottish. The Champions League and UEFA Cup still exist.

As for what teams went where, I placed them based on current and historical performance, and tried to mix the teams up a bit and include some from some of the smaller Euro Leagues. I test ran it a few times to see if anyone was too dominant or too terrible and switched things accordingly.

I've tinkered with league and club reputations and have given all teams in the euro league some starting cash, and made it even within the leagues. (ex. Premier League teams all have 35 million pounds transfer funds, Platinum all have 20 million, etc.) All teams in the Euro League's debts have also been erased, as the Scottish Leagues payouts aren't very lucrative. In fact you'll notice little things switched around in a lot of places, like feeder clubs, player stats, etc. Nothing major though.

I've ran it on Holiday until 2017 and nothing went wrong so I'm making it available to you. Please let me know of any questions you have in this thread.

To install, extract the db to your C:\Documents and Settings\user name\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2007\db folder and select the "EuroLeague2" database when starting a new game. Select the Scottish Leagues and any other league you wish to model and get on with it. Enjoy!

Download+Screenshots
Scholes is offline   Reply With Quote