Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2007, 09:52 PM   #1
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Pee Wee football 12 yr old

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...011#addcomment

Posted from another site I visit. This kid is fun to watch!

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Hey Mom! The guys say I make it rain on dem ho's!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:04 PM   #3
RedKingGold
College Starter

Too late for Missouri, I heard Pete Carroll already has him locked in to a verbal.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:12 PM   #4
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Witness the magic of the double wing!
Old 07-12-2007, 10:16 PM   #5
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Witness the magic of the double wing!

MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:17 PM   #6
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm loving it. Makes me want to say screw it and go out and start coaching again this year.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:41 PM   #7
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Eh, I think I could tackle him...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:51 PM   #8
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

That kid has some nice moves.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:04 PM   #9
BYU 14
Coordinator

Wow, he has great instincts for a 12 year old.....oh yeah his speed and footwork are not too bad either. I have 3 years to get his parent to move to Avondale AZ
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:18 PM   #10
CraigSca
Pro Starter

That's a white kid? At what age do white kids become slow again?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 11:30 PM   #11
rowech
Pro Starter

He just seems to be mentally on a different plane than the kids he's playing against. Not to mention his offensive line is really good.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:01 AM   #12
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

I bet I can get him to play for my 12 year old pee wee team here in Southlake Carroll.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 12:15 AM   #13
Senator

Dola:

Ok, two quick observations. Stop kicking the ball to him. Onside or something, but stop giving him opportunities like that.
Second, he has one running play. Left side of the line. With a Sam or Willie LB spy, knock his feet out every play. Get in his head, knock him down every play.

Sorry, I just coached this age group, and I went into, how do we stop this kid mode, when I was watching this. I had to do that alot. We scouted and had tape on every team we played. Things sure are different than when I played Pee Wee.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Old 07-13-2007, 12:49 AM   #14
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
That's a white kid? At what age do white kids become slow again?

Puberty.
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 08:50 AM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Too late for Missouri, I heard Pete Carroll already has him locked in to a verbal.

Excellent. He's already wearing the right number.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:19 AM   #16
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

He was certainly a class ahead of his peers on that level. Doesn't mean a whole lot now, but from having coaching kids in a different sport, it's always awesome to watch kids play way above their heads consistently. I like to keep it in perspective, though, rather than trying to translate that to future success. Because inevitably, you'll be disappointed more times than not and it's not a reflection on the other talents the kid might have.

Whoa, that was a little deep. Didn't mean for that to happen.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 07-13-2007 at 10:19 AM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:55 AM   #17
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator View Post
Dola:

Ok, two quick observations. Stop kicking the ball to him. Onside or something, but stop giving him opportunities like that.
Second, he has one running play. Left side of the line. With a Sam or Willie LB spy, knock his feet out every play. Get in his head, knock him down every play.

Sorry, I just coached this age group, and I went into, how do we stop this kid mode, when I was watching this. I had to do that alot. We scouted and had tape on every team we played. Things sure are different than when I played Pee Wee.

Actually, that was about 3 different running plays.

Sweep, toss, counter. I thought I saw another that I wasn't familiar with as well (being a double wing coach, that is). They look similar, though. Love that double wing.

We had teams line up 9 guys on the defensive line. I'd take that all day.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:01 PM   #18
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Actually, that was about 3 different running plays.

Sweep, toss, counter. I thought I saw another that I wasn't familiar with as well (being a double wing coach, that is). They look similar, though. Love that double wing.

We had teams line up 9 guys on the defensive line. I'd take that all day.

LOL, I know we have gotten into this debate multiple times over the years with you...but a Disciplined Defense can shred the Double Wing...it's just rare to get the defense with the kind of discipline needed to stop it. But when I was DC for the high school team here, we were the only team to stop the Double Wing attack that wrecked havok that year.

It was all about Discipline and a MLB that was smart enough to watch game film, and know where to audible the defensive shift.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:38 PM   #19
Senator

+1

But that counter was a thing of beauty.

Last edited by Senator : 07-13-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:19 PM   #20
Emiliano
College Prospect

Amazing clip, really.

For you real football coaches out there: do you see a lot of kids like this one? I mean, would that be considered "special talent", or it's just common at that level (as all sports), to have one kid that simply dominates the field? Yeah, I know you can't really judge from a clip, it's just my curiosity.

It's obvious that I've never watched pee-wee football.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:38 PM   #21
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
LOL, I know we have gotten into this debate multiple times over the years with you...but a Disciplined Defense can shred the Double Wing...it's just rare to get the defense with the kind of discipline needed to stop it. But when I was DC for the high school team here, we were the only team to stop the Double Wing attack that wrecked havok that year.

It was all about Discipline and a MLB that was smart enough to watch game film, and know where to audible the defensive shift.

I'll add to this since we have a Double Wing Team in our region. So many teams will stack the the Box with 8 or 9 guys, and that plays right into the offenses hands since the Toss play is designed to outnumber you at the POA and create a seam. Once they get that there is nobody back to prevent a big play.

We always play a 4-4 against this Offense and are 7-1 against Teams that run it over the last few years. We scheme our line to slant to a gap on the side motion is coming to to split/absorb the double team and allow our backers a free run. The Corner on the side motion comes to will key the Wing on his side for counter and make that call if he jab steps, if he down blocks he comes right now to leverage the Sweep.

On the backside our Rover or Sam will slow play to be in position for counter and the backside end will play boot or wrong shoulder the pulling guard on counter to spill the Wing Back outside. We have spent a lot of time studying the Offense cause a couple of us on the staff actually do like it, so we have been pretty successful against it. The one loss was when we just faced a better team, Trung Canidate's (Rams) little brother Cornell was one of their Wings and he just killed us, that Kid was amazing.

Still I think it's a great youth Offense and pretty good at the high School level if you have some agility on the line and a couple of really good Wings. With the exception of the Toss play, most of the blocking schemes (Trap, Sweep, Counter, G) are Wing T schemes, just with tighter line splits. I will say this about the double Wing, you need to have depth on the D-line, because the constant pounding they take from the Double Teams is brutal.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-13-2007 at 07:41 PM.
Old 07-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #22
Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
Amazing clip, really.

For you real football coaches out there: do you see a lot of kids like this one? I mean, would that be considered "special talent", or it's just common at that level (as all sports), to have one kid that simply dominates the field? Yeah, I know you can't really judge from a clip, it's just my curiosity.

It's obvious that I've never watched pee-wee football.

I seem to see one lights out kid at this level every year. We had one on another team that had 44 touchdowns in 10 games, most of which came outside 20 yards.

He played 7-9 yards off the ball, and we beat him with a flurry of blitzes. As long as we made contact with him in the backfield, we could gang tackle him, but if broke containment, nobody was going to catch him.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:13 PM   #23
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I won't argue, BYU, but I'm fairly certain you know what my answers would be to the defense. Those are solid calls, I'll give you that.
Old 07-13-2007, 11:08 PM   #24
Carman Bulldog
College Benchwarmer

Rumour is that this kid is only 8 years old.
Carman Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 11:12 PM   #25
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Not sure what the rules are in Pee Wee leagues but what I was the most impressed with was his handing of the football to the ref after the touchdown ala Barry Sanders. He's already acting like he's been there before, and will be there again.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:48 AM   #26
IMetTrentGreen
College Prospect

Quote:
or you real football coaches out there: do you see a lot of kids like this one?

Fuck no. We may never hear of this kid again because you never know who will fill out, but he's oozing talent. He has one in a million talent, literally.

Now we'll just see how athletic he ends up.
IMetTrentGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #27
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

There's a few pee wee jock straps laying on the turf after that. I know #45 left his.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:36 PM   #28
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I bet I can get him to play for my 12 year old pee wee team here in Southlake Carroll.

I didn't know you were from texas
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:50 PM   #29
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Not to hate on the kid but growing up I saw alot of people like him. The best being Santana Moss and Roscoe Parrish...
Old 07-14-2007, 06:18 PM   #30
Senator

This is 3 of the 44 touchdowns that Camden Ross had in the spring select league. He looks slow, but no one could bring him down or catch him once he got clear. He is only 10, so he has some development to go. I wish he had been on my team.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Old 07-14-2007, 06:45 PM   #31
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Is that a broken bone or a near/far set?
Old 07-14-2007, 06:50 PM   #32
Senator

near/far

Old 07-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #33
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
This is 3 of the 44 touchdowns that Camden Ross had in the spring select league. He looks slow, but no one could bring him down or catch him once he got clear. He is only 10, so he has some development to go. I wish he had been on my team.

What impressed me about that clip was the first run and how his team mates set up a wall when he reversed his field and continued to block down field for him. Very impressive for a 10 yr old Team, they are very well Coached.
Old 07-15-2007, 01:31 PM   #34
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:

[IMG] [/IMG]

Not bad, but that first kid in the thread was by far and away better then this guy.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:06 PM   #35
dj_morton
H.S. Freshman Team

Not sure if someone mentioned this, but that kid plays like Reggie Bush!
dj_morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:06 PM   #36
Senator

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64 View Post
Not bad, but that first kid in the thread was by far and away better then this guy.

I agree. But then again, he is 2 years older than this kid.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:26 AM   #37
johnnyshaka
College Benchwarmer

After doing a little googling...

From the coaches mouth himself ----

Cody is NOT 8 years old, he is 13 years old. The film fottage you’re watching is from our season last year (when he was 12years). They are of our first Regional game agaiinst Valencia Park (San Diego, CA); and our 2 Pop Warner Superbowl games vs Holliston Panthers (Red and white) and the San Marin Colts (Green and Yellow). We won all three of those games to go 15-0 and become the 2006 Pop Warner National Champions D-2 PEE WEE level (Warner Bracket).

The coaching he received and the players surrounding him were just as great. The prior 2 years, Cody played for another team, along with #20 that first year, and they amassed only 2 touchdowns in those years. The offensive line in front of him were outsized all year, and yet they were able to open up holes that a Mac-truck could go thru untouched. They were, and are, ALL awesome.

In closing please, know that Cody was a part of a GREAT team that did amazing things (last year was our second trip to Florida (back to Back) to coompete for the national Championship). All the players and their families made the coaching experience beyond phenominal. I am pleased, to know and have worked with them all. I do sincerely hope that this serves to clear up any misconceptions about Cody and the rest of 2006 Los Alamitos PEE WEE GRIFFINS!

SIncerely,

Christopher Austin
johnnyshaka is offline   Reply With Quote