Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 09:56 PM   #1
Brutus
n00b

skydog and ryan s. can rot in hell

this is just a post for ole skydog and ryan s....you can ban my 2 previous ids...and you know what they are (for those lacking harly/harleybeans)
this message will probably be erased and i dont care..you might even ban my IP again..i dont care...but i told skydog id be back...be a man skydog..if you make accusations and perceptions...prove them and back them up..do the research..i am no veteran of this board..i just chose to make a post at an bad time i guess...you all wrap yourselves up in wondering who is behind the computer typing messages...
i emailed ryan s 4 times explaining to him the situation...he failed to respond to me at any time except for a lame email asking what my id was...so i took actioin on my own...
i explained the situation to skydog..and his respons was...whaaaaaaa.."i dont have to prove anything".TOUGH CRAP SKYDOG..be a man..make assumptions, accusations, whatever..prove your point..you will spend your days wondering if i am some "veteran" of this board and you will not take the time and effort to prove anything...whine some more..
you accused me of defending horns...i did no such thing..reread my posts in the thread "guess who horns is..." nowhere in that post am i defending anyone...just pointing out the fact that he apparently got to you...i even mentioned that i didnt know what he did so how can i be defending him...make some sense man!
i am not trying to fight with anyone..i voiced my opinion just like i am voicing it now...which frankly i have a right to do....ryan s and skydog decided to only act in a juvenile manner and ban someone for no reason and no proof...this is the kind of board you all run then i want no part of it and have no problem being banned again or banning my IP...knock yourselves out...
i am no veteran of this board..i am nobody in disguise...just a regular guy like the rest of you...who if i had 1000 posts my opinion would of been fine and nothing would of happend...but because i had 4..i get banned...hypocrites!
i told you ryan s and skydog that i would be back and i was right...ban me again..i dont care..i dont need message board buddies....

Old 05-01-2003, 10:01 PM   #2
bbor
Pro Starter

If you don't care..why post??

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:02 PM   #3
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by bbor
If you don't care..why post??

to prove a point...why do you think...same question i asked skydog..if he didnt care...why ban me?
Old 05-01-2003, 10:07 PM   #4
bbor
Pro Starter

He does care...he has a responsibility to moderate the boards

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:08 PM   #5
Bishop
Mascot

Thats like way too long and way too poorly written to even try to read.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:11 PM   #6
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

if you have 4 posts here, why even bother. There's a great website called www.sosuave.com that has a killer message board. Check it out.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:11 PM   #7
mckerney
Coordinator

But Bishop, poor writing mechanics can trick people into agreeing with him!!!

Last edited by mckerney : 05-01-2003 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:12 PM   #8
Bad-example
College Starter

Brutus,

Please see the Personality Disorder thread.

There is help out there.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Old 05-01-2003, 10:14 PM   #9
korme
Go Reds

hey, flame away! thats what we do best.

he makes some good points, but eh, no one cares..
Old 05-01-2003, 10:15 PM   #10
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by Bishop
Thats like way too long and way too poorly written to even try to read.

way to go bishop...i use more than one period and you bash my writing skills? i wish i would of thought of that myself..
yeah i do care as for as being accused of being someone i am not...i DONT care if i am banned.
Maybe I should work on my writing skills? Maybe I will type correctly. I could use capital letters where they are required and stuff like that.
its typical....there seem to be others who disagree with what some of you are saying about horns...but because i said something with only a few posts under my belt i am banned..make sense out of that guys.
skydog wasnt moderating anything...he was assuming something and that was all. he and ryan acted poorly and they are afraid to admit it.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:16 PM   #11
ACStrider
High School JV

"skydog and ryan s. can rot in hell" - and you're arguing that Skydog and Ryan S are juvenile?
Old 05-01-2003, 10:18 PM   #12
pjstp20
High School Varsity

and the fan boys are off!!!! Who cares about points?
Actually I dont know what this is about and I don't know who does so I should't say anything but I can see the predictable responses have already started and will continue for the next three pages.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:18 PM   #13
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by ACStrider
"skydog and ryan s. can rot in hell" - and you're arguing that Skydog and Ryan S are juvenile?

you got it! glad you are paying attention. perception and assuming does not make a person right..i acted professionally toward them..emailed them..messaged skydog..all i got from the was crap...crap from skydog and no response at all from ryan...neither of them could back up their claims..watch it guys..you go against them and you can end up like horns i guess...banned...
they dont moderate...they just judge people on what they say..this is a message board where people voice their opinions...dont have to like them...
Old 05-01-2003, 10:20 PM   #14
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty3281
hey, flame away! thats what we do best.

he makes some good points, but eh, no one cares..

shorty, no offense intended here, but could you go through Mr. Brutus' first post and pick out some quotes that demonstrate some of his good points? I looked, but I couldn't find shit.

Thanks.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:22 PM   #15
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by CamEdwards
shorty, no offense intended here, but could you go through Mr. Brutus' first post and pick out some quotes that demonstrate some of his good points? I looked, but I couldn't find shit.

Thanks.

well maybe you need to reread it again Cam...shorty doesnt have to point out anything to you.
but i will...
judging is the name of the game here...not proof..accusing and skydogs little perceptions..take that to the bank.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:24 PM   #16
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Cam, baby

http://www.ehs.berkeley.edu/pubs/factsheets/36fecal.html
Old 05-01-2003, 10:25 PM   #17
McSweeny
College Starter

ummmmm so what is this all about? did i miss something while i was at work tonight?
Old 05-01-2003, 10:26 PM   #18
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by pjstp20
and the fan boys are off!!!! Who cares about points?
Actually I dont know what this is about and I don't know who does so I should't say anything but I can see the predictable responses have already started and will continue for the next three pages.

Finally, soemone understands..
Old 05-01-2003, 10:27 PM   #19
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Re: skydog and ryan s. can rot in hell

Quote:
Originally posted by Brutus
...this is the kind of board you all run then i want no part of it and have no problem being banned again or banning my IP...knock yourselves out...
i..ban me again..i dont care..i dont need message board buddies....

I managed to find this gem buried amongst the ellipses. If you've been banned twice, you want no part of this board, and you don't care if you're banned again because you don't need message board buddies, then for the love of all that is holy, why are you here?

you make no sense, you have no point, you have no case.

good night.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:27 PM   #20
korme
Go Reds

Quote:

Thanks.

Cam, did you even read it?

Everyone just jumped to the conclusion that it was Horns.. so he was banned. Does that mean nothing?
Old 05-01-2003, 10:29 PM   #21
Bishop
Mascot

Quote:
i am nobody in disguise...just a regular guy like the rest of you...ho if i had 1000 posts my opinion would of been fine and nothing would of happend...but because i had 4..i get banned...hypocrites!

Nobody here started with a 1000 post, and everyone has an opinion, So there goes that arguement.

Last edited by Bishop : 05-01-2003 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:30 PM   #22
Brutus
n00b

Re: Re: skydog and ryan s. can rot in hell

Quote:
I managed to find this gem buried amongst the ellipses. If you've been banned twice, you want no part of this board, and you don't care if you're banned again because you don't need message board buddies, then for the love of all that is holy, why are you here?

you make no sense, you have no point, you have no case.

good night.

cam, dont read too much into stuff.
im not making message board buddies, thats obvious right now isnt it? you do miss the point. i want no part of this board if they will ban you for no reason and no backing! i make sense, and apparently some see my points and i do have a case, its just that you choose not to see it because you are afraid to rock the boat.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:31 PM   #23
korme
Go Reds

bishop, he's saying if say..... Bee (RANDOM NAME ) were to post that exact post, he'd get more respect, because he's a well known member, and wouldn't be thought to be HM without proof or whatever.

And that's a damned good point and a damned shame.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:32 PM   #24
bbor
Pro Starter

Apparently you DO want somethin to do with this board or else you would have left already

Old 05-01-2003, 10:32 PM   #25
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Shorty3281
Cam, did you even read it?

Everyone just jumped to the conclusion that it was Horns.. so he was banned. Does that mean nothing?

It's got to be somebody like Hornsmaniac or the sort. You think somebody just stubled upon this board, never posted anything about FOF and then gets this bent out of shpae about getting banned? I mean, I think at some point everyone came here because of TCY or FOF and then just started posting about other things. But this "brand new" guy immediately starts posting exlusively in the Hornsmaniac thread. Very improbable.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:33 PM   #26
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Nobody here started with a 1000 post, and everyone has an opinion, So there goes that arguement.

sorry bishop. my argument isnt gone. the ONLY reason i was banned was cause i had few posts and went against the consensus and apparently made 2 guys assume something. others who had numerous posts had said worse stuff than i about the horns situation..either in defense or disgust yet they werent banned because they had numerous posts...i was banned and accused of being a veteran in hiding because i had too few posts. pay attention..read the whole post not just a part of it man.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:34 PM   #27
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Re: Re: skydog and ryan s. can rot in hell

Quote:
sorry bishop. my argument isnt gone. the ONLY reason i was banned was cause i had few posts and went against the consensus and apparently made 2 guys assume something. others who had numerous posts had said worse stuff than i about the horns situation..either in defense or disgust yet they werent banned because they had numerous posts...i was banned and accused of being a veteran in hiding because i had too few posts. pay attention..read the whole post not just a part of it man.

So what is your question about FOF? Or how did you happen to stumble upon this board?
Old 05-01-2003, 10:35 PM   #28
pjstp20
High School Varsity

Quote:

You can't seriously deny that theres a good ol' boy network here to some extent, and theres nothing inherently wrong with that, its human nature. Thats really not the point. The point is that he was banned because it was assumed he was someone he wasn't (I Think).

I'll reserve judgement till I hear both sides, but I'm not gonna automatically jump on this guy. I'm gonna hear him out. I know SkyDog has earned the benefit of the doubt, but I still think people should try to be at least a little objective.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:36 PM   #29
korme
Go Reds

^^^

listen to that guy
Old 05-01-2003, 10:36 PM   #30
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by panerd
It's got to be somebody like Hornsmaniac or the sort. You think somebody just stubled upon this board, never posted anything about FOF and then gets this bent out of shpae about getting banned? I mean, I think at some point everyone came here because of TCY or FOF and then just started posting about other things. But this "brand new" guy immediately starts posting exlusively in the Hornsmaniac thread. Very improbable.

i wasnt "new" i had been a registered member for months and just posted a message at the wrong time...that is my fault.
i am registerd at many other boards, .400 studios, EU2, and some others and very rarely post unless there is something that i decide i want to say...and the treatment i get is accusations and assumptions.
and i guess maybe i do care..i care that i voice an opinion and am kinda new and get banned for what i see as no reason.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:37 PM   #31
Brutus
n00b

Re: Re: Re: Re: skydog and ryan s. can rot in hell

Quote:
So what is your question about FOF? Or how did you happen to stumble upon this board?

i surf the board for new things..patches etc about the game and sometimes interesting topics just to read them and others opinions. i like to read different points of view that many of you have.
anything wrong with that???
Old 05-01-2003, 10:38 PM   #32
Bishop
Mascot

I don't see anywhere in his post, unless I just missed something that says he was accused of BEING anyone, just defending hornsmaniac.

Maybe that was something in the initial post that he got banned for, but even with that aside, this isn't the way to handle it.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:40 PM   #33
Bad-example
College Starter

Seriously Brutus, if you feel you were wronged and wanted to make your case, a wild, semi-coherent rant with the title you chose was not a good way to make it.
Drinking like a lumberjack and singing Delta Dawn
Old 05-01-2003, 10:41 PM   #34
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
I don't see anywhere in his post, unless I just missed something that says he was accused of BEING anyone, just defending hornsmaniac.

Maybe that was something in the initial post that he got banned for, but even with that aside, this isn't the way to handle it.

bishop, i handled it by emailing ryan 4 times!!! no response except for a "what is your ID?". i handled it by messaging skydog and all i got was..."i dont have to prove anything".
and i wasnt defending horns because i have no idea what he did to defend.
maybe you are right that this isnt the way to handle it, but when i try to handle it professionally and i am ignored or sidestepped then i make it public.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:42 PM   #35
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad-example
Seriously Brutus, if you feel you were wronged and wanted to make your case, a wild, semi-coherent rant with the title you chose was not a good way to make it.

youre probably right...read post above...ill apologize about the thread title.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:42 PM   #36
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
i wasnt "new" i had been a registered member for months and just posted a message at the wrong time...that is my fault.
i am registerd at many other boards, .400 studios, EU2, and some others and very rarely post unless there is something that i decide i want to say...and the treatment i get is accusations and assumptions.
and i guess maybe i do care..i care that i voice an opinion and am kinda new and get banned for what i see as no reason.

Well it if makes you feel any better I have about 350 posts and about 250 of them have ended threads. (maybe I will get lucky and this post will end this thread)
Old 05-01-2003, 10:44 PM   #37
Bishop
Mascot

Re: Re: Re: skydog and ryan s. can rot in hell

Quote:
You can't seriously deny that theres a good ol' boy network here to some extent, and theres nothing inherently wrong with that, its human nature. Thats really not the point. The point is that he was banned because it was assumed he was someone he wasn't (I Think).

I'll reserve judgement till I hear both sides, but I'm not gonna automatically jump on this guy. I'm gonna hear him out. I know SkyDog has earned the benefit of the doubt, but I still think people should try to be at least a little objective.

Theres either a seriously huge 'good ol boy network' or theres a seriously small 'I agree with everything that goes against the majority network' because the same 5 people agreeing with this guy is the same people who agreed Hornsmaniac was treated unfairly in the first place.

I don't agree or disagree with this guy, because what he has posted thus far hasn't made a lick of sense. I don't know if its cause how it was posted or just something he left out but so far all he was done is justify his ban.

But if he wanted to just get it off his chest or whatever, that's cool but he buried himself by attacking Ryan.S and Skydog instead of just stating facts an letting everyone decide on their own.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:45 PM   #38
korme
Go Reds

Brutus, make PMing an option for your name for a sec.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:45 PM   #39
McSweeny
College Starter

shower, shit, and shave... cleanly boys don't misbehave
Old 05-01-2003, 10:46 PM   #40
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
what he has posted thus far hasn't made a lick of sense. I don't know if its cause how it was posted or just something he left out but so far all he was done is justify his ban.

Are you serious?

Wow..
Old 05-01-2003, 10:47 PM   #41
sabotai
General Manager

"I'll reserve judgement till I hear both sides, but I'm not gonna automatically jump on this guy. I'm gonna hear him out. I know SkyDog has earned the benefit of the doubt, but I still think people should try to be at least a little objective."

Had he come one and pleaded his case in a mature way, I'm sure he would have gotten a much different response. The responses in this thread is consistent with the responses I have seen in other threads started by 'new' members in a similar fashion.

And considering how Shorty has acted in non-HM threads, that's pretty good evidence that SkyDog doesn't just go around banning people who just disagrees with him.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:47 PM   #42
Brutus
n00b

Quote:
Theres either a seriously huge 'good ol boy network' or theres a seriously small 'I agree with everything that goes against the majority network' because the same 5 people agreeing with this guy is the same people who agreed Hornsmaniac was treated unfairly in the first place.

I don't agree or disagree with this guy, because what he has posted thus far hasn't made a lick of sense. I don't know if its cause how it was posted or just something he left out but so far all he was done is justify his ban.

But if he wanted to just get it off his chest or whatever, that's cool but he buried himself by attacking Ryan.S and Skydog instead of just stating facts an letting everyone decide on their own.

problem with that is you wont decide on your own..the thread was meant to grab your attention and it did that. i fully went into it expecting not to be agreed with and that is fine. like i said read my other thread in the "guess who horns is" and there you will see that i am immediately accused of being him!
that is judging and deciding with no facts bishop. that is what sky dog did and its total crap.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:47 PM   #43
pjstp20
High School Varsity

I can agree with the fact that this wasn't the best way to explain your side of the story and gain support, but at the same time look at it from Brutus' angle. He thinks he was being punished without due process. Now which one of you wouldn't get upset about that? If what he is saying is true, thats f*cked up, but at the same time I'm not gonna assume it is. Were just gonna have to wait till tomorrow when Sky Dog responds, and by then we probably won't give a sh*t.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:48 PM   #44
mckerney
Coordinator

Judging from his posting rate maybe it's the return of dolamite.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:48 PM   #45
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well it if makes you feel any better I have about 350 posts and about 250 of them have ended threads. (maybe I will get lucky and this post will end this thread)

LMAO

Old 05-01-2003, 10:49 PM   #46
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
And considering how Shorty has acted in non-HM threads, that's pretty good evidence that SkyDog doesn't just go around banning people who just disagrees with him.

What do you mean?
Old 05-01-2003, 10:52 PM   #47
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
I can agree with the fact that this wasn't the best way to explain your side of the story and gain support, but at the same time look at it from Brutus' angle. He thinks he was being punished without due process. Now which one of you wouldn't get upset about that? If what he is saying is true, thats f*cked up, but at the same time I'm not gonna assume it is. Were just gonna have to wait till tomorrow when Sky Dog responds, and by then we probably won't give a sh*t.

Hate to break it to you, pj.. but by tomorrow, Brutus will be no longer exist as a member, due to this thread.
Old 05-01-2003, 10:52 PM   #48
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
this is just a post for ole skydog and ryan s....you can ban my 2 previous ids...and you know what they are (for those lacking harly/harleybeans)
this message will probably be erased and i dont care..you might even ban my IP again..i dont care...but i told skydog id be back...be a man skydog..if you make accusations and perceptions...prove them and back them up..do the research..i am no veteran of this board..i just chose to make a post at an bad time i guess...you all wrap yourselves up in wondering who is behind the computer typing messages...
i emailed ryan s 4 times explaining to him the situation...he failed to respond to me at any time except for a lame email asking what my id was...so i took actioin on my own...
i explained the situation to skydog..and his respons was...whaaaaaaa.."i dont have to prove anything".TOUGH CRAP SKYDOG..be a man..make assumptions, accusations, whatever..prove your point..you will spend your days wondering if i am some "veteran" of this board and you will not take the time and effort to prove anything...whine some more..
you accused me of defending horns...i did no such thing..reread my posts in the thread "guess who horns is..." nowhere in that post am i defending anyone...just pointing out the fact that he apparently got to you...i even mentioned that i didnt know what he did so how can i be defending him...make some sense man!
i am not trying to fight with anyone..i voiced my opinion just like i am voicing it now...which frankly i have a right to do....ryan s and skydog decided to only act in a juvenile manner and ban someone for no reason and no proof...this is the kind of board you all run then i want no part of it and have no problem being banned again or banning my IP...knock yourselves out...
i am no veteran of this board..i am nobody in disguise...just a regular guy like the rest of you...who if i had 1000 posts my opinion would of been fine and nothing would of happend...but because i had 4..i get banned...hypocrites!
i told you ryan s and skydog that i would be back and i was right...ban me again..i dont care..i dont need message board buddies....

Before I get into this, I have a couple of quick points to make:

1) We have no idea what the situation is. Or we have one side of the situation. For those bashing Skydog and Ryan, I'm wondering why you haven't bothered to look at the other side first.

2) Telling the two moderators to rot in hell is NOT going to get you the respect you are seeking.

3) Writing a poorly worded essay is also not going to get you the respect you are seeking.

4) You people REALLY need to learn what a fanboy is. Most of the people against HM have been bitterly critical of Skydog in the not so distant past and have not been banned. I've yet to see a single person banned for simply calling Skydog a jerk. This is far from a fanboy haven.

OK, so what can we read into the message above? Well, the first line tells anyone other than Skydog or Ryan S not to read it.

is is just a post for ole skydog and ryan s"

We then get into accusations that Skydog made and asking Skydog to back them up. At this point, we have zero idea what accusation Skydog ever made. If anyone did get by the first line, they are probably gone by this point in the essay.

Then we finally figure out a little bit of what this is about. This is followed by "I don't care what happens to me" and then a long winded explanation that if he had 1000+ posts none of this would be happening.

Now, I could be wrong, but I believe Horns had over 1000 posts, so Skydog has proven that post count isn't a criteria for removal already.

I need more facts before determining wheather your post has merit or not. The way it was written leads me to lean against you from the start. . . sorry, that's just me.

TroyF
Old 05-01-2003, 10:55 PM   #49
sabotai
General Manager

"Judging from his posting rate maybe it's the return of dolamite."

Like the return of George Foreman to boxing, we need a star to return to lift FOFC back up to the glory days.

Shorty, I have seen you on several occasions poke subtle (and not so subtle) jabs at SkyDog and the forum in general over the banning of HM in threads that have nothing to do with it. It's like every single post you make recently (that I have seen) is either a mean spirited jab at someone or the board in general.

Now, I'll admit I don't read every thread, but of the ones I have read, it would appear that Bishop is right in that there are a few people here that argue or otherwise "attack" everyone else because they are disgruntled at the board in general over the whole HM thing.

(note, attack is in quotes simply because I could not find a better word. I hope you know what I mean...)

(2nd note: I don't mean ATTACK, but...well, I can't think of a good word for it...bah)
Old 05-01-2003, 10:56 PM   #50
Brutus
n00b

good one troyf.
i apologize to everyone for the poor essay structure. i didnt realize i was being graded and still in school.
shorty is right, i will be banned tomorrow probably.
skydog banned me because he assumed i was a veteran...ONE OF YOU ALL...in disguise and was afraid to come out and voice my opinions in my real ID. ask him tomorrow and if hes honest that is what he will tell you. maybe he saved the aol message we had. i should of.
oh and i dont know how to pm on this thing shorty or anyone else. my aol/yahoo id is emptyeightch...pm me that way

Last edited by Brutus : 05-01-2003 at 10:59 PM.
Closed Thread