Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-01-2003, 03:48 PM   #1
Bee
Pro Starter

Jags shopping Brunell?

I heard something along those lines on the radio, but I was on the phone and didn't quite hear the whole story. Anyone hearing anything?

Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 04:12 PM   #2
Franklinnoble
Banned

Looks that way...

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/6345845
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 05:18 PM   #3
Calis
College Starter

Man, really hope that doesn't happen. I like Leftwich a lot, and would love to see him get a year to learn under Brunell.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 05:47 PM   #4
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

I think they need to keep Brunell, and let Byron learn from a Pro Bowl quarterback. The Jags offense needs to improve, so why leave Leftwhich hanging when he can learn and he can step in when he is ready, he'll an offense and supporting cast tailor to his talents.
SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 05:55 PM   #5
ColtCrazy
College Starter

I agree. Look at what the Oilers/Titans did with McNair. I like Brunell, he's a very good QB and if they built that offense back up he'd be great for Leftwich to learn under.

Just please don't go to the Ravens....anywhere but there.

But Dallas would be an interesting fit, wouldn't it?
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 06:20 PM   #6
AgPete
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by ColtCrazy

But Dallas would be an interesting fit, wouldn't it?

Mr. Brunell, the Dallas Cowboys would love to have you aboard! Maybe a second round pick tops for Brunell? Jesus H. Tom Landry, it would be great to see Brunell in Dallas!
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 06:24 PM   #7
Franklinnoble
Banned

Bah. I'm against any roster move that could potentially improve the Dallas Cowpies. I'm rather enjoying this spell of 5-wins-per-season, thank-you-very-much.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 06:36 PM   #8
AgPete
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally posted by Franklinnoble
Bah. I'm against any roster move that could potentially improve the Dallas Cowpies. I'm rather enjoying this spell of 5-wins-per-season, thank-you-very-much.

Soon, very soon! First.......a winning season, then... the NFC East.... then the NFC Championship.....and then.....another Superbowl! MUWAHAHAHAHA! You can't keep the Cowboys down for long!
AgPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 07:02 PM   #9
The_herd
College Starter

Being originally from WV and a huge Marshall fan I'm glad to see Leftwich in the NFL. However, he's not ready to start. He has a small hitch in his delivery that needs to be fixed. After that he needs to learn the offense, and I think Brunell would be a great player to bring him along. He is a guy that has always had more talent than Pennington when he was at Marshall, but he's not quite as good a football player, and Pennington sat for almost 2 1/2 years before getting his shot. He needs AT LEAST a year to sit, I would personally give him 2. With proper coaching he WILL be the best QB in this draft, his accuracy, arm strength, and ability to read defenses are phenominal. But he needs time.
Old 05-01-2003, 07:07 PM   #10
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Id like to see the Dolphins get Burnell, but they probably dont have the cap room. The Jaguars cant excpect too much for him. Maybe a 4th round draft pick.
Old 05-01-2003, 09:43 PM   #11
TroyF
Coordinator

The Herd,

I disagree. I think he is ready to go. I'm not sure I'd want him starting game 1, but I'd be starting him by game #8 at the latest.

TroyF
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 11:29 PM   #12
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Herd

I agree and know exactly what you mean by that 'hitch'. In fact, its almost expained by what I call a 'cross-bow' type delivery which takes time. Ive seen that in every Marshall game. No question on the kids heart, however.

TroyF might be right with him starting earlier than need be, but that might be more of a product of necessity than anything else. Jags go out and start 3-5 might turn enough corporate heads into looking for the 'future' than the pending salary of their young franchises' QB.