Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-20-2024, 12:56 PM   #26451
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I mean, telling someone you're going to murder them doesn't mean you're allowed to kill them.
Ghost Econ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 03:23 PM   #26452
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

chevron-right
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 12:02 PM   #26453
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Anyone tried Coke Spiced yet? We saw a commercial for it, and now it's on the weekly Kroger ad. I hope I can find it in zero.

Raspberry and spice flavors. I am all about that combo. In fact, when we were in NZ and Australia, they had Coke Raspberry in bottles everywhere. I bought one nearly every day since we can't get it here. And now we've got this. Giggity!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 12:49 PM   #26454
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Anyone tried Coke Spiced yet? We saw a commercial for it, and now it's on the weekly Kroger ad. I hope I can find it in zero.

Raspberry and spice flavors. I am all about that combo. In fact, when we were in NZ and Australia, they had Coke Raspberry in bottles everywhere. I bought one nearly every day since we can't get it here. And now we've got this. Giggity!
I am running into at every gas station. Haven't tried it, Not big on spiced flavored sodas.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 04:47 PM   #26455
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

For a while now every now and then I would hear a high pitched whine in my ear and then it would pass. About two weeks ago, it pretty much stoped passing and I have full blown tinnitus. I have a constant, soft high pitched sound in my ears all of the time. It’s annoying.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 04:50 PM   #26456
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
For a while now every now and then I would hear a high pitched whine in my ear and then it would pass. About two weeks ago, it pretty much stoped passing and I have full blown tinnitus. I have a constant, soft high pitched sound in my ears all of the time. It’s annoying.
Man, I hate that. I have this constant droning voice in my ears, just going on and on. I really wish I would shut up.
Old 02-21-2024, 04:59 PM   #26457
Edward64
Head Coach

Me too. No cure that I know off but supposedly less caffeine, alcohol etc helps reduce the severity.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 05:01 PM   #26458
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Man, I hate that. I have this constant droning voice in my ears, just going on and on. I really wish I would shut up.

Heh!!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 05:50 PM   #26459
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have had it for years. It's annoying but I'm at the point I don't really notice. I sleep with a bluetooth headband with white noise. That helps a lot.
Old 02-21-2024, 08:08 PM   #26460
Kodos
Resident Alien

I listen to sleep stories through a Bluetooth sleep mask to help me ignore the tinnitus.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 08:10 PM   #26461
Ksyrup

I get a ringing every now and then, but my issue is more of a general diminished hearing. If I hadn't gotten married I'd be deaf by now because I used to sleep with music in headphones every night cranked to 10. Can't do that with the wife sleeping next to me.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-21-2024 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-22-2024, 04:27 AM   #26462
stevew
Hall Of Famer

att is down going on 2 hours.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 06:20 AM   #26463
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

Down in Indiana too so whatever it is is very widespread.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 06:26 AM   #26464
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Looks like it is a problem nation wide. Verizon and T-Mobile also down or having delays.
Old 02-22-2024, 07:21 AM   #26465
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Down in Indiana too so whatever it is is very widespread.

I did it ...to fock you op
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 07:38 AM   #26466
Edward64
Head Coach

Wonder if its some sort of hack.

AT&T and GoogleFi (T-Mobile) is working fine for me.
Old 02-26-2024, 02:48 PM   #26467
Ksyrup

Got my hands on a Coke Zero Spiced 12-pack and I like it. It's basically Raspberry Coke with more burn.
Old 02-26-2024, 02:56 PM   #26468
Ksyrup

Quote:
Looks like it is a problem nation wide. Verizon and T-Mobile also down or having delays.

I'll admit I don't know too much about the technical aspects of telecommunications, but given that this was reported as a multi-carrier issue (by users and in the media), I've found it curious that all I've seen in the port-mortem is that AT&T said it was caused by a software update and is giving customers a $5 credit on their bills (I got that email yesterday or Saturday). Do they share service with T-Mobile and Verizon in certain places? Have either of those companies commented on the outage? All I've seen is AT&T.

I'm not trying to get all 5G x-ray mind control conspiracy theory here, but the widespread outage and the limited response/AT&T falling on its sword seems odd.
Old 02-26-2024, 03:07 PM   #26469
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I've tried a "spice" cola drink LONG ago and it was terrible.
Old 02-26-2024, 03:24 PM   #26470
Ksyrup

Not spiked, spiced, lol.

I think it's just the normal Coke burn put into a fruit-flavored version which are typically more mellow. That's my take.

As someone who insisted on stopping at convenience stores in Auckland and Sydney to buy Raspberry Zero every day of vacation since they were widely available (as was Lime), this new flavor is basically targeted at me. Now if they'd only bring back Orange.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-26-2024 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-26-2024, 04:19 PM   #26471
stevew
Hall Of Famer

$5 credit for ruining the day of anyone who needs reliable 5G status to work.
Old 02-26-2024, 04:56 PM   #26472
Ksyrup

I'm hoping it's per line, but I won't hold my breath.
Old 02-26-2024, 05:14 PM   #26473
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I went to one of the fast Japanese restaurants in town. They sell a rice bowl, which is obviously just rice and meat. I ordered and was getting ready to pay, and they said they had no rice.

First, were they going to sell me a rice-less rice bowl?
Second, how does a Japanese restaurant have no rice at 1 in the afternoon?
Old 02-27-2024, 03:02 PM   #26474
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Wendy's is going to start surge-pricing burgers, fries, and more

I am definitely not working cashier at Wendy's in the near future. I get yelled at by enough old people as it is. Now someone has to tell them their burger is 20 cents more because they came at the wrong time of day.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:05 PM   #26475
cuervo72
Head Coach

Are you kidding old people are going to be eating at like 6AM and 3PM. And a couple will probably split one grilled chicken combo meal.
Old 02-27-2024, 03:18 PM   #26476
Ksyrup

More like surge in violence pricing!
Old 02-27-2024, 03:32 PM   #26477
Kodos
Resident Alien

That crazy redhead b*tch!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 03:40 PM   #26478
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Not spiked, spiced, lol.

I think it's just the normal Coke burn put into a fruit-flavored version which are typically more mellow. That's my take.

As someone who insisted on stopping at convenience stores in Auckland and Sydney to buy Raspberry Zero every day of vacation since they were widely available (as was Lime), this new flavor is basically targeted at me. Now if they'd only bring back Orange.

burnburnburn....oh yeah gimme some spiked cola
Old 02-27-2024, 04:17 PM   #26479
GrantDawg

Wendy's is just the first to say they are. Every major fast food chain is gearing up for this.
Old 02-27-2024, 04:25 PM   #26480
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I went to one of the fast Japanese restaurants in town. They sell a rice bowl, which is obviously just rice and meat. I ordered and was getting ready to pay, and they said they had no rice.

First, were they going to sell me a rice-less rice bowl?
Second, how does a Japanese restaurant have no rice at 1 in the afternoon?

Just add that to my own list of running into an Arbys out of roast beef, a Bojangles out of chicken and a Taco Bell out of tortillas
Old 02-27-2024, 05:41 PM   #26481
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Man, if Wendy’s surges lunch pricing, where are the boomers going to go for lunch?
Old 02-27-2024, 05:42 PM   #26482
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Spiced Coke Zero is pretty good.
Old 02-27-2024, 06:09 PM   #26483
Ksyrup

I'm not exactly sure where to put this, but I find it to be a pretty interesting assertion. As someone who watches and reads a lot of true crime and criminal psychology articles/books, I definitely think there is something to the idea that women are far more likely to use words to manipulate than violence as men do, and that we tend to downplay certain traits that suggest psychopathy simply because they are exhibited by a woman.

Prevalence of Female Psychopaths: More Common than Believed - Neuroscience News
Old 02-27-2024, 07:22 PM   #26484
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Wendy's is just the first to say they are. Every major fast food chain is gearing up for this.

Let 'em. Anymore going to a Wild Wings, Chili's, Roadhouse, etc. for a burger doesn't cost that much more than Hardees or McDonalds. I hadn't had fast food in a very long time until the streak was broken when Hardees had a Big Roast Beef and Big Hot Ham and Cheese coupons out for $4.

Hell meals now are $10ish. If they flex that up Wild Wings may end up being cheaper.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2024, 08:00 PM   #26485
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Let 'em. Anymore going to a Wild Wings, Chili's, Roadhouse, etc. for a burger doesn't cost that much more than Hardees or McDonalds. I hadn't had fast food in a very long time until the streak was broken when Hardees had a Big Roast Beef and Big Hot Ham and Cheese coupons out for $4.

Hell meals now are $10ish. If they flex that up Wild Wings may end up being cheaper.
I'm with you. All you can eat soup and salad at Outback is less than $9 bucks. Same at Red Lobster. Lunch burgers are $10 at Longhorns. The problem is time usually, but better food at better prices. My go to lunch right now is a grilled cheese at QT. Less than $3 and are actually quite tasty. In and out in 5 minutes or less.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:17 PM   #26486
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Just add that to my own list of running into an Arbys out of roast beef, a Bojangles out of chicken and a Taco Bell out of tortillas

I've had Taco Bell run out of gordita flatbread, but that pales compared to those.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:20 PM   #26487
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
I've had Taco Bell run out of gordita flatbread, but that pales compared to those.

As for running out of something, I don't think anything will ever top my Taco Bell that told me they couldn't make some speciality quesadilla one night ... because they ran out of the specially-marked wrapper. They had all the necessary items mind you ... but since they were out of the wrapper, well ...

{blink} {blink}

Yeah, I don't know that I've ever felt worse for a fast food manager than I did that night. He heard it, blinked a couple times, and said he'd take care of making it for me.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:06 AM   #26488
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Wendy's is going to start surge-pricing burgers, fries, and more

I am definitely not working cashier at Wendy's in the near future. I get yelled at by enough old people as it is. Now someone has to tell them their burger is 20 cents more because they came at the wrong time of day.

Wendy's has issued a clarification that they won't be raising prices during peak demand.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:33 AM   #26489
molson
General Manager

Quote:
. I get yelled at by enough old people as it is.

Anything you need to share with the group?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 12:38 PM   #26490
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

My boss's boss email yelled at me yesterday for mishandling something... even though I literally never handled the document, it was actually my boss. Sent an email saying it wasn't me and ended up getting an apology. Got a call from my boss this morning giving me steps on how to make sure the error doesn't happen again... I know, I don't make that error.

Would have been bad enough if I got it first thing this morning, but I did some yoga after I logged off last night. Mid shavasana i remember I didn't actually send a document I worked on most of the day. I could have done it in the morning and been fine, but decided since I'm home alone I may as well.

That's when I saw my boss's email. Completely destroyed the last 25 minutes of relaxation yoga I had done. Just another reminder that when I'm done with work, just ignore it until I have to go back.
Old 02-29-2024, 05:59 AM   #26491
Edward64
Head Coach

Found a UPS Amazon package by the front door when I took out the dog at about 7am. Thought it was delivered last night.

It was my wife's order. She ordered it at 4am this morning. I appreciate how quick it was but totally unnecessary.
Old 02-29-2024, 08:24 AM   #26492
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I don't necessarily wanna say that I'm glad my child has now completed his taking of the bar exam but my "nap" last night turned into me sleeping for 12-13 hours straight.
Old 02-29-2024, 09:05 AM   #26493
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Found a UPS Amazon package by the front door when I took out the dog at about 7am. Thought it was delivered last night.

It was my wife's order. She ordered it at 4am this morning. I appreciate how quick it was but totally unnecessary.

What was in it that your wife decided she needed to order it at 4am?
Old 02-29-2024, 09:39 AM   #26494
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

If his wife is like mine she wakes up for a bit in the middle of the night and screws around on her phone for a bit.
Old 02-29-2024, 09:51 AM   #26495
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

Epson salt. She takes a lot of baths vs showers.
Old 02-29-2024, 09:53 AM   #26496
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I don't necessarily wanna say that I'm glad my child has now completed his taking of the bar exam but my "nap" last night turned into me sleeping for 12-13 hours straight.

Bet he’s sleeping better also.
Old 02-29-2024, 09:55 AM   #26497
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

One of the coolest things about this board is those of use who have been here 20+ years have basically watched him grow up.
Old 02-29-2024, 12:44 PM   #26498
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Bet he’s sleeping better also.

Woke up with a well deserved hangover
Old 02-29-2024, 12:49 PM   #26499
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
One of the coolest things about this board is those of use who have been here 20+ years have basically watched him grow up.

Honestly, I think that's one of the main reasons that I do tell so many stories / make so many references.

I mean, I think about the shit that the long-standing members have been around for.

Beyond just his birth. First day of school. Youth league baseball. MS band. HS tennis. The college decision process. Undergrad. Post-grad.

And by proxy, his input on gaming stuff, education stuff, music stuff, on & on.

In some ways I guess he feels to me (and some of you I imagine) like a de facto member of the FOFC.
Old 02-29-2024, 01:18 PM   #26500
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Honestly, I think that's one of the main reasons that I do tell so many stories / make so many references.

I mean, I think about the shit that the long-standing members have been around for.

Beyond just his birth. First day of school. Youth league baseball. MS band. HS tennis. The college decision process. Undergrad. Post-grad.

And by proxy, his input on gaming stuff, education stuff, music stuff, on & on.

In some ways I guess he feels to me (and some of you I imagine) like a de facto member of the FOFC.

He also makes you seem a little more human