Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old Yesterday, 01:00 PM   #26901
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm travelling and not able to post it, but the viral Zoom video of the criminal defendant appearing on a driving on suspended license charge who calls in while parking his car is amazing. I don't do trial work and have to deal with "on the spot" issues like this, but man, do I feel for the public defender there. Talk about your client not giving you anything to work with!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM   #26902
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I'm travelling and not able to post it, but the viral Zoom video of the criminal defendant appearing on a driving on suspended license charge who calls in while parking his car is amazing. I don't do trial work and have to deal with "on the spot" issues like this, but man, do I feel for the public defender there. Talk about your client not giving you anything to work with!

I saw it yesterday and it's amazing. The realization that he fucked up was great. The judge just looming at him while he was like, hold on I just gotta park real quick was amazing.

Last edited by Atocep : Yesterday at 01:06 PM.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:06 PM   #26903
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

That shit is funny as hell.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #26904
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure what thread exactly to put this in, I'll just stick it here for the people who might see it on crossover.

During the sorting through of my wife's extensive collection of purses, Will found her missing wedding ring today.

I had, you may recall, basically written it off as lost for good. "Put in a safe place" ... that neither of us knew the location of.

Not sure that's actualy what you'd call stuck in a frequently used but fairly random pocketbook, but whatever ... there it was. (Best we could figure, probably stuck in that bag when she was helping him move out & leave Oxford, MS for the final time)

I literally just stared I think, almost unable to believe what I was seeing when he handed it to me.

But as random things go, it was a pretty damned good one to say the least.
Old Yesterday, 01:15 PM   #26905
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just got chills.

I 100% believe that she sent that to Will to let you know she is with you still and watching over you.

Last edited by Lathum : Yesterday at 01:15 PM.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM   #26906
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I just got chills.

I 100% believe that she sent that to Will to let you know she is with you still and watching over you.

I was (which is extremely rare) on the front porch outside just before we dove into that task ... and saw a cardinal fly by.

I figured she was at least in the neighborhood.
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM   #26907
Kodos
Resident Alien

Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:38 PM   #26908
Edward64
Head Coach

Neat story.

Re: cardinal. Wife always thinks one of her grandmas is visiting her whenever she sees a solo butterfly around her flowers/vegetables.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM   #26909
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Neat story.

Re: cardinal. Wife always thinks one of her grandmas is visiting her whenever she sees a solo butterfly around her flowers/vegetables.

I never was much for the whole "cardinals as spirits" lore (see link for explanation if you're unfamiliar) but my wife was generally a proponent of it.

In my own peculiar logic, it kind of makes sense that if it really is a thing then she'd be apt to make such an appearance since she subscribed to the notion.

Makes about as much sense as that ring turning up today in a place that really was never considered as a major candidate for it.