Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2009, 03:32 PM   #1
rowech
Pro Starter

OnLive

I've read about this a couple of times now. The idea of it I love so that I can play some games I currently can't play. That said, can they really pull something this big off?

OnLive gains mobile phone compatibility - News at GameSpot

rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

The idea is really cool but I am curious to see how they can pull it off from a technological standpoint (lag, bandwidth caps with your internet provider, etc) but also how they are going to price it. The video contained in your link was pretty interesting though they still don't mention much about pricing. At the very end the guy says there is a monthly fee and then, I believe, a fee on top of that depending on usage and things like that?

I am also curious to see just how much access you do get. For example, would you have access to play every game available on the service at any time or would you have to pay to have access on a per game basis?

Last edited by jaygr : 11-16-2009 at 06:54 PM.
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
rowech
Pro Starter

All valid questions and those answers would determine whether I go for it. I'm definitely interested though.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygr View Post
At the very end the guy says there is a monthly fee and then, I believe, a fee on top of that depending on usage and things like that?

If it costs me the same amount to play and complete a game using their service than it would for me to buy it, not sure what the point would be then.

It seems their plan is based on people that don't have the systems to run certain games so, they are providing a service. Is there a large segment of people that don't have the system required to run a particular game AND would pay a fee in lieu of spending that money on a service instead of just putting the money towards upgrading their system. Obviously their price plan is going to make or break this. I could not see paying more than $25 per month paying for a service like this, but I don't see how that price would work.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote