Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-29-2004, 08:08 PM   #1
The_herd
College Starter

Norton Problems

I had Norton Anti-Virus and Internet Security 2002 but found out that NIS wasn't compatible with the firewall that comes with my DSL service. So I uninstalled Norton Anti virus with no problem, but now it says I don't have authorization to uninstall Internet Security. Norton said they no longer support 2002, but told me to download RNIS. I tried that, same deal.

Does anyone have any clue how to get Norton Internet Security 2002 off my damn computer?

The_herd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 11:27 PM   #2
The_herd
College Starter

Got it off there.

No thanks to any of you.....
Old 05-30-2004, 02:19 PM   #3
Rizon
Pro Starter

My help is too late, but just in case anybody does a search:

I had this exact same problem when I was having my internet connection issues (NIS was blocking access to the internet even though it was turned off). When I went to uninstall it, it said I didn't have Admin privileges. WTF. Anyways, I eventually got it off. There is an option somewhere on there to enter the Supervisor password, which was set to BLANK as default. And thats blank as in nothing, empty, nada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2004, 11:05 PM   #4
The_herd
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon
My help is too late, but just in case anybody does a search:

I had this exact same problem when I was having my internet connection issues (NIS was blocking access to the internet even though it was turned off). When I went to uninstall it, it said I didn't have Admin privileges. WTF. Anyways, I eventually got it off. There is an option somewhere on there to enter the Supervisor password, which was set to BLANK as default. And thats blank as in nothing, empty, nada.

I had the same problem here. To work around it I had been disabling it, then turning off and restarting my modem. It worked, I just got really tired of doing it every time I restarted my computer. After messing with it a while I finally got RNIS to remove it from my computer.

I'm never buying a Norton product again. FYI Norton says they aren't supporting 2002 any more and their customer service people are idiots. Since they are no longer supporting 2002 they wanted me to call their pay service ($1.99 per minute) to get help with my problem. I explained that I paid for a subscription that is still good, they should at least tell me how to get their crap off my computer. So I played the hold game off and on for a couple of hours. Finally, a guy told me to go to their website and download RNIS.

2 hours on the phone for them to tell me that. Thank you very much Norton.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:09 PM   #5
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

I can't help you with your particular problem, but I can confirm that the 04 version of this application sucks ass.