Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-19-2003, 04:54 PM   #1
mrskippy
Banned

What's wrong with this logo?

This is the logo of the Fateh, which is Yasser Arafat's party and the ruling faction of the PLO and PA. Why does the logo feature the entire Israel and not just their "terrority" of the West Bank and Gaza?

BTW ... I've already heard that if you get a letter from Arafat, you'll see a similar logo on his letterhead again featuring ALL of Israel.

I can't wait until the full English text of the Palestinian Constitution appears on the official PA Website. BTW ... when Arafat recognized Israel, he also recognized its right to live with security and free of terrorism. Than why is his party, Fatah, supporting terror?

mrskippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 04:58 PM   #2
AccardoOutfit29
H.S. Freshman Team

Re: What's wrong with this logo?

Quote:
Originally posted by mrskippy
This is the logo of the Fateh, which is Yasser Arafat's party and the ruling faction of the PLO and PA. Why does the logo feature the entire Israel and not just their "terrority" of the West Bank and Gaza?

Maybe because their original territory is now the current nation on Israel.

Last edited by AccardoOutfit29 : 04-19-2003 at 05:10 PM.
AccardoOutfit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 05:00 PM   #3
mrskippy
Banned

And because they want ALL that territory back.

BTW ... here's the government's take on Fatah (note that Arafat is leader). It is a terrorist organization, which means the United States (against longstanding policy, mind you) is negotiating with terrorists.

http://library.nps.navy.mil/home/tgp/alfatah.htm

Last edited by mrskippy : 04-19-2003 at 05:02 PM.
Old 04-19-2003, 05:02 PM   #4
mrskippy
Banned

And here (from Israel) is something that looks like Fedayeen Saddam, except its more like Fedayeen Arafat.

http://www.ict.org.il/inter_ter/orgdet.cfm?orgid=82
Old 04-19-2003, 05:15 PM   #5
andy m
High School Varsity

can i get this logo on a baseball cap? it is better than the cleveland indians one.
Old 04-19-2003, 06:12 PM   #6
rexalllsc
Banned

Re: Re: What's wrong with this logo?

Quote:
Originally posted by AccardoOutfit29
Maybe because their original territory is now the current nation on Israel.

There has never been a nation called Palestine.
rexalllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2003, 06:57 PM   #7
AccardoOutfit29
H.S. Freshman Team

I never said they had their own nation, I said that the area was their original territory, i.e. a place where a majority of Palestinians have lived for centuries.
Old 04-19-2003, 07:10 PM   #8
CAsterling
High School JV

Re: What's wrong with this logo?

Quote:
Originally posted by mrskippy

Welcome to the world of international diplomatic bullshit.

Rule 1) The weaker your position or claim the louder you shout in an attempt to confuse everybody
Rule 2) If you have a recognisable figurehead who you can get acceptable PR for, then a lot of bad PR will instantly be disbelieved (examples Che Gevera sp?)
Rule 256) 99% of the world couldn't draw an acurate picture of a country they don't live in - (rule 256a) so if you present them with a picture whether or not it is accurate, the majority will believe it may be true.

Its all BS, but this is the way of the Modern world, confuse the masses and you may get your way.

And Yes if you hadn't already worked it out, I have a very low opinion of international diplomacy
Old 04-20-2003, 12:21 AM   #9
Swaggs
Coordinator

Is this breaking news?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 01:31 AM   #10
mrskippy
Banned

Quote:
I never said they had their own nation, I said that the area was their original territory, i.e. a place where a majority of Palestinians have lived for centuries.

Actually the whole Palestinian idea is open to debate. Prior to 1917, when the British and French laid claim to the entire Middle East by deafeating the Turks, the land was part of the Ottoman Empire.

And before that you had Saladin, who was from what is now Tikrit, Iraq.

Arabs indeed had control of the entire land for centuries. Of course, in the Arab world there are countless tribes. The Palestinians are for the most part a nomadic tribe and their ancestral roots are best traced back to modern day Jordan.

Many Palestinians still live in Jordan today, but the faction(s) that is in/are the West Bank and Gaza (Arafat's organization, the PLO, Fatah, etc.) were kicked out of Jordan by King Hussein following terrorist activities. They eventually ended up in Lebanon, only to be kicked out of there after the 1982 war. They spent much of the rest of the 80s and into the early 90s in Tunis.

A few off the Palestinian factions ended up in Iraq, notably the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine and Abu Nidal. In fact the man behind the Achille Lauro attack was a Palestinian.

Saddam Hussein had (or has if he's still alive) a close relationship with Yasser Arafat. He offered refuge to deposed Palestinians. Some of the terrorist training camps are believed to be Palestinian. Also Saddam offered money to families of suicide bombers who struck at Israel.
Old 04-20-2003, 02:58 PM   #11
Daimyo
College Starter

Kirby Puckett
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2003, 03:00 PM   #12
mrskippy
Banned

Threadjacking ... Daimyo ... 5 yards ... still first down