Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

anyone use ESPN360?

I'm thinking about bugging Comcast.net to take on the service, looks really neat .. but wanted to see what others thought about it

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:02 PM   #2
vtbub
College Starter

It can be very good.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 12:03 PM   #3
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

damn..

from what I saw, sounds like it'd be a great addition during "idle times"
Old 03-17-2008, 07:14 AM   #4
Critch
lolzcat

I used ESPN360 for the first time this weekend and thought I'd come over here to add to the buzz. So bumping a two year old thread it is.

ESPN360 - is it one of the greatest things on the internet, or is it the greatest thing on the internet? I know some people don't like it cos they make ISPs pay, but my ISP carries it so I don't care.

Good picture quality for streaming (as good as the Setanta Broadband that I pay $15 a month for), my only gripe is there seems to be no way to go to a true full-screen, you always have the ESPN360 bar. Not so good for watching through my tv.

What got me watching is that they've picked up the Russian Premier League soccer starting this weekend. Due to Russian weather they play through the summer, so no more summers without soccer for me.

Last edited by Critch : 03-17-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:18 AM   #5
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I've been happy enough with it since realizing I could get it back toward the end of football season. Smooth enough video most of the time, occasionally (as in every few games, not every few minutes) gets choppy but a reboot clears that up nearly every time. To provide some perspective about what I think of it, it's the only long form streaming video that I've ever managed to watch for any length or with any regularity.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:59 AM   #6
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

The fact that they've folded their ESPN GamePlan service into it (Ie, all their football games available on PPV are available via this for free).. makes me very happy about the fact that my domicile's cable/internet provider is being switched over to Verizon.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #7
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's pretty good for being free through my provider. At least it's legal, although some of the other illicit options are better.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote