Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

So why exactly was MJ4H boxed?

I mean, I don't expect anything but some halfassed response because everything is so damn cloak and dagger here but I'd like to know why exactly he was boxed. This and all the conversation about it can stay in this thread.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:39 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'd assume his poker dynasty. Had some spoilers of pictures of girls. Nothing wrong with any of the ones I saw, but now the dynasty appears to be deleted.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #3
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I'd assume his poker dynasty. Had some spoilers of pictures of girls. Nothing wrong with any of the ones I saw, but now the dynasty appears to be deleted.

His original was deleted, he started a second and linked to his twitter account where he posted the links to the girls...so I do not know what he did, other than that it was all bullshit. I rarely speak my mind, but there have been worse pictures posted here and nothing done and all of his pics were linked to his photobucket account.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #4
hoopsguy
General Manager

Really? Even with having every single pic as a spoiler and no pr0n at all?
Old 07-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #5
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - there was some interesting poker conversation in there as well, I'm disappointed that the entire thread was deleted if that is indeed the case.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #6
Flasch186
Coordinator

{shrug}

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 07-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
RendeR
Coordinator

Just another example of "it doesn't matter what others do its up to ME (whomever ME is)

There was nothing really out of hand in that thread at all, especially compared to a number of others.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
RedKingGold
College Starter

I always enjoy when the peons threaten to rise up against the lords.

Get some land first, a-holes.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #9
stevew
Hall Of Famer

A worksafe link monitor doesn't give a shit about spoiler tags

One person not being able to visit FOFC at work is one too many.

But the pics were very good and I'm sorry they are gone.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #10
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quick, lets make this topic POL now.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #11
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Does a work safe link monitor give a shit about photobucket?

Old 07-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #12
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hell if I know.

Attitude will also get you boxed if you're not special either.

He was possibly violating the "don't be an asshat" clause as well.

Shrug.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:34 PM   #13
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Quick, lets make this topic POL now.

President Roosevelt was boxed.

You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 07-11-2009, 10:06 PM   #14
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
I always enjoy when the peons threaten to rise up against the lords.

Get some land first, a-holes.

I like this line

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Old 07-11-2009, 11:01 PM   #15
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Everyone on this board should be boxed at some point, it would do some good IMO.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:04 PM   #16
RendeR
Coordinator

You first.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:10 PM   #17
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
You first.

I had my turn, though it's been years now so I could use another I guess.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #18
RendeR
Coordinator

VOTE BOX CRINGER
Old 07-11-2009, 11:23 PM   #19
thesloppy
Pro Starter

That's why I don't read FOFC, it's garbage. And the mod that let it happen is garbage. Attacking MJ4H for doing everything right. And then you want to talk about guys that don't do things right, and downgrade 'em, the ones that do make posts. Are you kidding me? Where are we at in our society today? COME AFTER ME! I'M A MAN! I'M 40!
Old 07-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #20
RendeR
Coordinator

PING drunk thread =======>
Old 07-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #21
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
VOTE BOX CRINGER

I second
Old 07-11-2009, 11:25 PM   #22
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
That's why I don't read FOFC, it's garbage. And the mod that let it happen is garbage. Attacking MJ4H for doing everything right. And then you want to talk about guys that don't do things right, and downgrade 'em, the ones that do make posts. Are you kidding me? Where are we at in our society today? COME AFTER ME! I'M A MAN! I'M 40!
LOL

Liking this.
Old 07-11-2009, 11:29 PM   #23
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The Mods are what we thought they were; they’re what we thought they were. We posted here in the dynasty thread— who the hell deletes a dynasty thread like it’s bullshit, BULLSHIT!?

We posted on the forum— the links were in Spoiler tags — the Mods are who we thought they were! And that’s why we made the damn thread. Now if you want to crown them, then crown their ass! But they are who we thought they were, and we let ‘em off the hook!
Old 07-12-2009, 12:06 AM   #24
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

I feel it is all my fault. I like girls and I'm on a text sim board. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that likes to see a girl that isn't being stuffed with stuff or being pooped on. I feel MJ4H wouldn't have posted it if it wasn't for me, why not put me in there and let him out.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:11 AM   #25
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
why not put me in there and let him out.

Because no one pays attention to you anyways.

You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 07-12-2009, 12:14 AM   #26
stevew
Hall Of Famer

blair witch project, right?

-nevermind.

Last edited by stevew : 07-12-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:17 AM   #27
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Son, we live in a world that has NSFW links. And this forum has to be guarded by men with a ban button. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Chubby? The mods have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for MJ4H and you curse the mods. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that MJ4H's boxing, while tragic, probably saved jobs. And their existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves jobs. You don't want the truth--because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want them on this forum. You need them on this forum.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
Old 07-12-2009, 02:10 AM   #28
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Classic!
Old 07-12-2009, 02:49 AM   #29
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

While I get that the mods don't like debating whether someone should've been boxed or banned, I do think it's weak the the "why" of MJ4H's boxing hasn't been explained - how can we know for sure what's OK to post and what isn't without an explanation of why whatever he did was wrong?
Old 07-12-2009, 02:57 AM   #30
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

It was clearly done because we haven't had this thread for the 1,000,000,000th time yet. Only a few more and we are there though, keep up the hard work.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:07 AM   #31
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderingHERD View Post
Son, we live in a world that has NSFW links. And this forum has to be guarded by men with a ban button. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Chubby? The mods have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for MJ4H and you curse the mods. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that MJ4H's boxing, while tragic, probably saved jobs. And their existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves jobs. You don't want the truth--because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want them on this forum. You need them on this forum.
+1

When I read this post, I
Old 07-12-2009, 05:12 AM   #32
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
What are you saying, Chubby should try being a mod at this board for a while? I think he's been there and did a darn fine job at that.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:17 AM   #33
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Nicely done, sloppy Leach

Wait? Sloppy Leach? That could definitely be a band name.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-12-2009 at 05:17 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:46 AM   #34
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
What are you saying, Chubby should try being a mod at this board for a while? I think he's been there and did a darn fine job at that.

I'm not saying anything. I thought this thread was about quote parodies.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
Old 07-12-2009, 09:09 AM   #35
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

FWIW, I haven't been around since Friday and don't see any discussion of this in the Mod Forum, so...?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-12-2009, 10:26 AM   #36
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Nicely done, sloppy Leach

Wait? Sloppy Leach? That could definitely be a band name.

SI

You mean Sloppy Gundy?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #37
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
While I get that the mods don't like debating whether someone should've been boxed or banned, I do think it's weak the the "why" of MJ4H's boxing hasn't been explained - how can we know for sure what's OK to post and what isn't without an explanation of why whatever he did was wrong?

This.

I know I post pics of women on these forums once in awhile, and MJ4H didn't break any rules that I saw... so are there new rules? Maybe level of hotness in one thread cannot succeed something something?
Old 07-12-2009, 10:44 AM   #38
Dutch
"Dutch"

If I can't post on FOFC, I can't post on FOFC. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about posting on FOFC. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be playing FOF, and we're talking about FOFC. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about FOFC, not FOF, not FOF, not FOF, but we're talking about FOFC. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about FOFC, man. How silly is that?
Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about FOFC. We're talking about FOFC, man. We're talking about FOFC. We're talking about FOFC. We're not talking about FOF. We're talking about FOFC. When you come to FOF MP web-sites, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about FOFC right now.

Last edited by Dutch : 07-12-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #39
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:

Kudos to you my friend.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #40
larrymcg421
Head Coach

We few, we happy few, we band of posters;
For he to-day that blasts the mods with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen on FOFC now-a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon MJ4H day.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
Old 07-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #41
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

winner so far, but very solid efforts all around.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #42
Tigercat
College Starter

Well, boys ... I haven't a thing to say.
Made a great thread...all of you. Great thread.
I guess we just can't expect to unbox ‘em all.
I'm going to tell you something I've kept to myself for years --
None of you ever knew Wig...
It was long before your time.
But you know what a tradition he is at FOFC...
And the last thing he said to me -- "Tigercat," he said -
"sometime, when the board is up against it -- and the
Mods are beating the boys -- tell them to go out there
with all they got and win just one for the Wignifty...
I don't know where I'll be then, Tigercat", he said - "but
I'll know about it - and I'll be happy."
Old 07-12-2009, 11:52 AM   #43
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

I'll play...

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had, during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify posters. I realized that not all are actually good posters. See, most every poster on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment, but some do not. They move to an area, and multiply, and multiply, until every thread and forum is consumed! The only way they can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern... A virus. These posters are a disease, a cancer of this planet, they are a plague, and we are the cure.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #44
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I wish I could tell you that MJ4H fought the good fight, and the Mods let him be. I wish I could tell you that - but FOFC is no fairy-tale world. He never said who did it, but we all knew. Things went on like that for awhile - boxing consists of routine, and then more routine. Every so often, the mods would box someone for no reason. The posters kept on them - sometimes they would get an explanation, sometimes not. And that's how it went for FOFC - that was the routine.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #45
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
FWIW, I haven't been around since Friday and don't see any discussion of this in the Mod Forum, so...?

In that case, Ben or Ryan did this or one of the mods is overstepping boundaries (that is if the rules Ben laid out in the original commitee announcement - Moderation Announcement - Front Office Football Central - are still in place). And deleting threads is not something Ben or Ryan have been known to do....

An explanation for why the original thread was deleted would be nice. I didn't see any pic in there that was worse than many of the other pics posted in other threads.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:45 PM   #46
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

I think he should be boxed for pushing that druggie matt jones for the heisman all these years.

His poker thread, however, puts him in the dynasty thread hall of fame next to devaneyfan
Old 07-12-2009, 01:44 PM   #47
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
You mean Sloppy Gundy?

Sorry, yeah, wrong Big XII coach

SI

Old 07-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #48
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Sorry, yeah, wrong Big XII coach

SI

It's hard to keep track of the crazy coaches in that conference.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:34 PM   #49
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I'm surprised nobody has tried this yet in this thread...

Spoiler

Old 07-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #50
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I’ll tell you one fucking thing, I hope FOFC gets fucking hotter than shit, just to stuff it up them 3,000 fucking posters that show up every fucking day. Because if they’re the real FOF fucking fans, they can kiss my ass right downtown – and print it!

The fuckers don’t even work. That’s why they’re out at fucking FOFC. They oughta go out and get a fucking job and find out what it’s like to go out and earn a goddamn living. Eighty-five percent of the fucking world is working. The other 15 come out here.

So what I’m tryin’ to say is don’t rip them fucking mods out there. Rip MJ4H. If you wanna rip somebody, rip his ass. But don’t rip them fucking mods because they’re giving everything they can give. Once they hit that fucking groove, it’ll flow. And it will flow.

Last edited by JPhillips : 07-12-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Closed Thread