Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-18-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Pedometers

I've been kindof curious how many steps I take in a day for a while. This is not just for my workout at night but also during the day as I do tend to walk a lot some days and less other days.

I've poked around on Amazon but, like everything, it depends on who you ask. Some people recommend their own just because they picked it and they must be infallible. Some people crap on ones needlessly because that's who they are. So, what say you, FOFC?

Here would be the things I'm personally looking for

Must have
  • Running and walking steps - I walk and run both so I need it to be able to count both
  • Smallish size - I'd prefer something I can put on a shoe or wrist. I don't think I want something that I have to put on my waistband as many do. It just sounds like that would be uncomfortable and would encumber my running.
  • Price - I'm not looking at breaking the bank here. It's more for curiousity than fitness- I'm going to be walking and running anyways but I'm just curious how much.
  • Reliability - there seem to be quite a few that just will randomly lose step count. That sounds really annoying.
Would be nice
  • Calorie counter - saves me the trouble of math, but not necessary
  • Distance - See above. I can do stride size x steps to figure out distance, if need be.
  • Software suite - I don't want to see anything complicated because, frankly, I'm guessing it's poorly written and unstable. But if I can get a little something to check out my stats, that would be cool.
SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #2
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I've been kindof curious how many steps I take in a day for a while. This is not just for my workout at night but also during the day as I do tend to walk a lot some days and less other days.

I've poked around on Amazon but, like everything, it depends on who you ask. Some people recommend their own just because they picked it and they must be infallible. Some people crap on ones needlessly because that's who they are. So, what say you, FOFC?

Here would be the things I'm personally looking for

Must have
  • Running and walking steps - I walk and run both so I need it to be able to count both
  • Smallish size - I'd prefer something I can put on a shoe or wrist. I don't think I want something that I have to put on my waistband as many do. It just sounds like that would be uncomfortable and would encumber my running.
  • Price - I'm not looking at breaking the bank here. It's more for curiousity than fitness- I'm going to be walking and running anyways but I'm just curious how much.
  • Reliability - there seem to be quite a few that just will randomly lose step count. That sounds really annoying.
Would be nice
  • Calorie counter - saves me the trouble of math, but not necessary
  • Distance - See above. I can do stride size x steps to figure out distance, if need be.
  • Software suite - I don't want to see anything complicated because, frankly, I'm guessing it's poorly written and unstable. But if I can get a little something to check out my stats, that would be cool.
SI

My mom has been using something called the Body Bugg for a while. I'm not sure if it does everything you want it to...but it's easy to use and small.
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Ive tried 4 or 5 and have yet to find one that is accurate if you step hard like I seem to.

I walk 100 steps and it will usually read 115-120
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote