Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

New PureSim Baseball v1.80 Release

The latest release of PureSim Baseball Freeware is now available at SulDogStudios.com

The latest release notes can be viewed here.

This is an important milestone for PureSim Freeware, as it contains new features contributed by Steve Lucey, who joined the development team last month! We have also just added another developer. If you are interested in contributing to the game in any fashion (Dev, Graphics, Docs etc) please drop me a note.

I am excited about what we can do as a community continuing to build on an already solid, (and FREE!) Baseball sim. Getting additional resources has been a real boost.

Last edited by Shaun Sullivan : 08-15-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
MJ4H
Coordinator

A+
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:02 PM   #3
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

cool!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
rjolley
College Starter

Excellent. Thanks for the great support, Shaun.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

I've been playing the last release and it's gotten much better on the position scarcity. There used to be too many good offensive players on the left side of the defensive spectrum. That's much better now.

The financials and the AI are still sort of wacky. The AI will have money and there will be all star caliber free agents sitting the season out and the AI won't make a move for them. In my association, no players are signed during the free agent period unless I sign them.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #6
Shaun Sullivan
PureSim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchjm24 View Post
I've been playing the last release and it's gotten much better on the position scarcity. There used to be too many good offensive players on the left side of the defensive spectrum. That's much better now.

The financials and the AI are still sort of wacky. The AI will have money and there will be all star caliber free agents sitting the season out and the AI won't make a move for them. In my association, no players are signed during the free agent period unless I sign them.

Interesting, I am seeing lots of FA activity in my test associations. What parameters were used to create this Assn? Fictional/Real, Equal/Geo Finances, etc.

Thanks.
Shaun Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:09 AM   #7
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Sullivan View Post
Interesting, I am seeing lots of FA activity in my test associations. What parameters were used to create this Assn? Fictional/Real, Equal/Geo Finances, etc.

Thanks.

Fictional, 40 man rosters, equal finances - I picked the middle of the budgets to begin with.

At first the players were keeping their high demands into the off season and the teams didn't have money. I took that down with the XML and now the players have lower demands but still sit there. It's especially pronounced with starting pitchers.

Maybe I need to take their budgets up to make sure those players are getting signed? I'll try to mess around with it this week.

Opening it up to other developers was a great idea BTW.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:54 PM   #8
Terps
College Prospect

I've seen the same problem with star FA lurking around all season. Same thing with top rated players in the draft.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #9
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Yes, the AI rarely drafts the right players right away. Usually the best player in the draft goes somewhere between 4th and 7th. I'll take a look and see if it's financially motivated.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:22 PM   #10
Terps
College Prospect

I know the engine doesn't know names, but the guys in the draft that have high ratings should be drafted. I was playing an association as the '82 Orioles and guys like Strawberry, Joe Carter, Clemens, etc. would all sit there unless I drafted them or signed them.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:54 PM   #11
hoopsguy
General Manager

FWIW, I saw Strawberry go 5th in his draft (just processed it). But I have seen some pretty poor decisions on draft + FA. In that same draft I was picking last and ended up with guys in the 2nd/3rd round that I considered for the 1st round pick.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #12
JimboJ
High School Varsity

Does this come with the 2009 rosters? I haven't seen any mention of it.
JimboJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:12 AM   #13
weegeebored
High School Varsity

I think in an earlier thread Shaun released mid-season 2009 rosters. I don't know if the same one or something similar is included in the 1.8 install as I haven't installed it yet.

Well, in the release notes it says:

BETA/EXPERIMENTAL - Added 2009 players to the real player database (on correct teams as of 6/28/09). Players have been assign projected stats based on their totals as of 6/28. Note, this may not be perfect as it was done in automated fashion, but it still is kind of fun.

So, yes. Sort of.

Last edited by weegeebored : 08-17-2009 at 08:13 AM.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #14
bhlloy
Coordinator

Thanks Shaun. A lot of fun so far.

One bug to report. My #2 starter (playing as the mid 90's Angels) got injured and I skipped through the notification and the CPU inserted closer Troy Percival (with his miniscule 11 endurance rating) there. Next thing I know he's gone and thrown a no-hitter Let me know if you want the save game.

In fact that's the second no-hitter thrown so far 20 games into the season. There was another no-hitter thrown by Erik Hanson of CIN that was a little more believable.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Shaun, maybe it's time to take out the 'greed' factor in the salaries. It might make it easier for the AI at times to just realize that in general, the better players make more money and the greed factor can sometimes skew that.

I think the game would take off if it was the first baseball game that could really make it any sort of a struggle for the human owner.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #16
hoopsguy
General Manager

So Strawberry is just illegal in the league I'm running. He is up to six straight MVP awards in just eight seasons.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:07 PM   #17
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
So Strawberry is just illegal in the league I'm running. He is up to six straight MVP awards in just eight seasons.

You just need to lower the [cocaine_eff_factor] in the configuration file.
Old 08-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #18
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Wouldn't it only take 6 seasons to win 6 straight MVPs?
Old 08-21-2009, 09:33 PM   #19
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sure, if he started with his rookie year. But the slacker only took home ROY hardware that year and did not upgrade to MVPs until year 3.

That said, it looks like I put the whammy on him by posting here as he is not in the running for #7 in 1991.