Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-09-2005, 08:58 AM   #1
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I feel violently ill.

So along with a list of things that my daughter wants for Christmas, her mother sends me links to some shots that she took modeling. Mer mother has wanted her to model since she was a baby. She has seemingly taken her down just about every "Your Child Could Be A Star!" road possible, so this comes as no shock.

Some of the shots look like a young teenager (She's 13 in less than two weeks,) yet most have that trying to be an adult look to them.

The pics came with the obligatory note that my daughter wants me to see the pics and hopes I like them. Of course, I have never heard my daughter even mention modeling, but I'm sure that's simpy an oversight on her part.

I can't even respond to her mother about the pics. If I do, I can't lie and say "Wow, they look great!" since I really think "How long until she's doing a photo shoot with some 50 year old pervert who tells her that all models do coke, and show a little more skin." And if I say that, it starts WW3.

Ahh, the joys of parenthood.

M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:22 AM   #2
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

it's your daughter. WWIII might be worth it.
Old 12-09-2005, 09:32 AM   #3
Huckleberry
College Starter

WWIII would definitely be worth it.

My wife wants to see if our daughter can get some commercials. The thing is that I know she can get some commercials. She's always been extremely well-spoken for her age and obviously she's very cute.

Anyway, my wife will drop hints at me every time a Welch's commercial comes on, for example. I just say no. She tries to be playful about it but I've told her that until my daughter brings up the fact that she wants to try it, it's completely off limits and that we are not even going to suggest to her that she try it. She can do it if she wants.

Once she asked us what a poster on the wall at the mall said. We told her about how they were looking for kids to be in a commercial. I felt it only right to ask her if she wanted to do it. She said no. Case closed. Which was a relief because she had really enjoyed the performance class she had gone to over the summer that year. Singing, dancing, acting, performing. She loves it. But I think she got the idea that a commercial would be work if you had to try out to make it. And work ain't cool to a 5 year old.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:34 AM   #4
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
it's your daughter. WWIII might be worth it.
The only problem with that is it would be a futile war, unwinable in any way, shape or form. I have no problems with WW3 (or 4, 5, 6, 7, 8...) if the results could possibly be favorable.

But in this case all I think I can do is warn my daughter about the sick people out there. And pray.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 09:44 AM   #5
stevew
Hall Of Famer

At least her pics arent on the net. Apparently there are quite a few of the sicko type pre-teenage/teen modeling glamor sites out there. Unbelievable that a parent would pimp out there kids like that.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote