Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-28-2003, 01:13 PM   #1
John Galt
Pro Starter

Weekly QotM moderation post

This week, five quotes were submitted. One of them was removed from the QotM as it received several complaints (and was just a variation on a previous quote that received complaints). The removed quote was:

Subby is Greek for "Ham-Fisted Cunt."

The other four quotes have been moderated and added to the QotM. They were:

This thread is gay. I'm going to find a willing sheep and reclaim my manhood.

"I have the breasts of a llama and the nipples of a billygoat."

I have no intention of ever determining what is funny. I may be the least funny person on this board.

You know, I would ALMOST rather see these 300 lb men come out naked rather than wearing the new God-awful Falcons uniforms. Almost.

I still hope someone will take up the project of removing tired or unfunny quotes. Otherwise, I will continue to policy of taking almost all submissions.

John Galt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:16 PM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Re: Weekly QotM moderation post

Quote:
Originally posted by John Galt
Subby is Greek for "Ham-Fisted Cunt."

I'm Greek and can confirm that Subby means something related to ham. Isn't that close enough?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:23 PM   #3
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

It might be in the best interests of the board not to advertise at the top of the page that some here feel that "gay" = "bad".
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:24 PM   #4
Daimyo
College Starter

I think we're supposed to PM complaints to John Galt, NM

Last edited by Daimyo : 04-28-2003 at 01:24 PM.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:26 PM   #5
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Quote:
Originally posted by NoMyths
It might be in the best interests of the board not to advertise at the top of the page that some here feel that "gay" = "bad".

please don't allow any QOTMs that would indicate anyone here feels "pedophilia" = "bad" either. QOTMs that hint at negative opinions of incest should be barred as well.

thank you

Last edited by Fritz : 04-28-2003 at 01:30 PM.
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:31 PM   #6
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

hehe...oh, I'm not officially complaining. Just pointing something out.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:34 PM   #7
Drake
assmaster

If we take out everything that might be offensive to somebody, there's no point in having the feature at all. Now, NM, you wouldn't be one of those academics of the opinion that teaching tolerance should only mean teaching toleration of the tolerant, are you?
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:38 PM   #8
John Galt
Pro Starter

Drake, this was discussed at length in the original QotM moderation thread. Basically, the QotM is being moderated in such a way that only instances of deep personal offense are being removed. Read the old thread for more details.

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake
If we take out everything that might be offensive to somebody, there's no point in having the feature at all. Now, NM, you wouldn't be one of those academics of the opinion that teaching tolerance should only mean teaching toleration of the tolerant, are you?
Old 04-28-2003, 01:40 PM   #9
Drake
assmaster

Bah, that's no fun, John. Wouldn't it be more fun to have this argument again every week when you post the moderated quotes list?

C'mon, you know it would.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:41 PM   #10
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
*teeheehees like a schoolgirl*
Old 04-28-2003, 01:44 PM   #11
Anrhydeddu
Resident Curmudgeon

...and is this the time of the week that I start grumbling about alternative skins?

Anrhydeddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:47 PM   #12
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
Originally posted by Anrhydeddu
...and is this the time of the week that I start grumbling about alternative skins?

weren't you just doing that on the Hannibal Lecter boards?
Old 04-28-2003, 01:51 PM   #13
Franklinnoble
Banned

As the author of the "gay" quote, let me clarify one thing...

When I said "This thread is gay. I'm going to find a willing sheep and reclaim my manhood." I meant it in the most positive and flattering context... that being, the thread made me so deliriously happy, I just had to share my joy (and with it, a healthy dose of seminal fluids) with the nearest willing barnyard animal.

I hope this clears things up...
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:52 PM   #14
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
I will refer you to my previous posts, neither of which indicates that I believe any such thing.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:52 PM   #15
Craptacular
College Starter

Re: Weekly QotM moderation post

Quote:
Originally posted by John Galt

I still hope someone will take up the project of removing tired or unfunny quotes. Otherwise, I will continue to policy of taking almost all submissions.

I never got any sort of "official" response to my suggestions. I volunteered to do something like this, but I guess it would be up to you, SkyDog and Ryan to decide if any further effort was needed / desired.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 01:53 PM   #16
Drake
assmaster

Quote:

When I said "This thread is gay. I'm going to find a willing sheep and reclaim my manhood." I meant it in the most positive and flattering context... that being, the thread made me so deliriously happy, I just had to share my joy (and with it, a healthy dose of seminal fluids) with the nearest willing barnyard animal.

I admire you for not hiding that from us. The world would be a happier place if fewer people feared the recriminations of others.

Live your bliss, Franky. Live your bliss.

Last edited by Drake : 04-28-2003 at 01:54 PM.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:55 PM   #17
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
I will refer you to my previous posts, neither of which indicates that I believe any such thing.

NoMyths, NoMyths...

If any of us bothered to read anyone else's posts before we responded, this board would have half the post traffic that it gets. Stop trying to kill the board, you effete bastard!
Old 04-28-2003, 01:59 PM   #18
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Quote:
NoMyths, NoMyths...
Stop trying to kill the board, you lafite bastard!

NoMyths is a pirate?
Old 04-28-2003, 02:04 PM   #19
John Galt
Pro Starter

Re: Re: Weekly QotM moderation post

Quote:
Originally posted by Craptacular
I never got any sort of "official" response to my suggestions. I volunteered to do something like this, but I guess it would be up to you, SkyDog and Ryan to decide if any further effort was needed / desired.

As long as you put together something like a poll with community input together, I'll be happy to remove the loser quotes if you PM the results to me.
Old 04-28-2003, 02:13 PM   #20
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
NoMyths, NoMyths...

If any of us bothered to read anyone else's posts before we responded, this board would have half the post traffic that it gets. Stop trying to kill the board, you effete bastard!
hehe
Old 04-28-2003, 04:19 PM   #21
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Somewhere around the forum should be one or more posts I've already made about the notion of bullshit p.c. police.

Just pretend I've included a link somewhere below for you to ignore & it'll save us both some time
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 04:21 PM   #22
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally posted by Franklinnoble

How about we yank the original quote, and submit this one in its place?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote