Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-18-2008, 04:47 PM   #1
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Survivor Gabon premieres... when?

I could have sworn I heard Survivor Gabon started tonight (Sept 18), but when I just went and looked online, the listings show it premiering next week instead. Can anyone confirm whether it was delayed or perhaps my original intel was bad.

tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:55 PM   #2
saldana
Pro Starter

bad original intel i think...it is in the DTV program guide for next week, 2 hour time slot.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
Easy Mac

Tonight is a preview, they pushed back the premiere to next week for unknown reasons
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:59 PM   #4
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Thanks for the quick replies!
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #5
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh great, my TV will probably be packed up in teh moving van by then. You can watch the shows online though after, right?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:45 PM   #6
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Oh great, my TV will probably be packed up in teh moving van by then. You can watch the shows online though after, right?
Yeah, just be careful, because I know when I went to watch an episode online last year, they already had the survivor who was eliminated grayed out.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:00 PM   #7
Raiders Army
Coordinator

We watched the TV Guide preview and Probst is an idiot. He showed the tribal council set and said, "This is a place where no survivor wants to come to a lot." Bullshit! The winner will go there at least six times. If a survivor only goes there once, it means that they got booted.

He said something else that was idiotic but I can't remember what. He also cast the vibe that he was full of himself.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:41 PM   #8
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
We watched the TV Guide preview and Probst is an idiot. He showed the tribal council set and said, "This is a place where no survivor wants to come to a lot." Bullshit! The winner will go there at least six times. If a survivor only goes there once, it means that they got booted.

He said something else that was idiotic but I can't remember what. He also cast the vibe that he was full of himself.

Are you serious? You are gettng on him about the not come here a lot statement. No contestantwants to be there a lot. The first half of the series they want to avoid it as best they can.

Of course they go there at least 6 times, that doesn't mean they want to come there 12 times.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:17 PM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Are you serious? You are gettng on him about the not come here a lot statement. No contestantwants to be there a lot. The first half of the series they want to avoid it as best they can.

Of course they go there at least 6 times, that doesn't mean they want to come there 12 times.

Yeah - feels like RA is fishing for criticism there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #10
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Maybe, but the guy just didn't strike me as intelligent as he does on the show. Perhaps that's because they edit him to look better.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:03 PM   #11
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Maybe, but the guy just didn't strike me as intelligent as he does on the show. Perhaps that's because they edit him to look better.

First time that's ever happened on TV....
Old 09-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #12
Raiders Army
Coordinator

You mean Ryan Seacrest isn't that cool???
Old 09-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #13
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oh, I remember the other thing Probst said: "I don't know how to pronounce Gabon so I use a French pronunciation and add the 'n'".

As a host, shouldn't you know how to pronounce the names of the area you're in? That's soooooo Regis.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:52 AM   #14
Kodos
Resident Alien

Looking forward to the new season! And Jeff Probst is an awesome host. I love when he yells at quitters.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-25-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #15
Jas_lov
College Starter

Just what we needed, another completely inept tribe vs. a dominating one. Here's a great idea, let's vote out the young chick who was 3rd up the hill over the 70 year old woman who collects a social security check every week. The physics guy is old too, but he's awesome and very smart. The other old guy in the weak tribe has the right idea with Operation watch everyone else crash and burn. Looks like it'll be a great season.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 10:51 PM   #16
LloydLungs
College Prospect

An unusually high number of Survivor seasons seem to begin with a hot chick getting voted off first. I am displeased with this trend. This tribe is horrendously bad, but time will tell if they will even get the chance to Ulong themselves (probably will be a bailout tribal switch before that can happen).
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 06:07 AM   #17
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Looking forward to the new season! And Jeff Probst is an awesome host. I love when he yells at quitters.

I'm glad he does as well and I liked the fact that he prodded around the Fang tribe last night and made them uncomfortable.

The part that grates on me is his innocent little comment "All I did was ask a simple question." He comes across as being so smarmy.

Anyhow, they had some good challenges last night and the Exile Island is a great twist this season. The hot girl was right when they started picking teams. I was thinking WTF???
Old 09-26-2008, 06:09 AM   #18
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oh, and I know to a certain extent they were picking teams based on "who I'd get along with" but winning challenges (like winning anything) is a great help to getting along with other people.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:12 AM   #19
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

just watched the episode.

I think Probst hated Jillian and I dont blame him, WTF was she thinking the way she picked that team?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:34 AM   #20
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
just watched the episode.

I think Probst hated Jillian and I dont blame him, WTF was she thinking the way she picked that team?

To be fair she just picked one person on the team. Unfortunately it got the ball rolling downhill.

I can't believe they were worried about that guy getting the hidden idol already. I think they need to be worried about even making it to the merge at this point.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:10 AM   #21
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I really think the Olympian chick is sandbagging it. On that first challenge she was hiding her natural ability.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:04 AM   #22
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
I really think the Olympian chick is sandbagging it. On that first challenge she was hiding her natural ability.

I don't think that's the case. She was wearing a dress and her shoes weighed ten pounds so she had a good excuse for being the last one up the hill.

Perhaps her bigger mistake was her pick for a tribe member. She picked another worthless old woman with the 2nd pick! Susie should have been the last pick, not the 2nd. The other tribe was much smarter with their picks. It's too bad Michelle was voted out the 1st week. Her relationship with Ken had the potential to be as hilarious as that fat mexican guy declaring his love for a girl he had never talked to.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:57 AM   #23
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Her relationship with Ken had the potential to be as hilarious as that fat mexican guy declaring his love for a girl he had never talked to.

I don't think anything will ever top that, but horny small awkward gamer guy trying to score with hot snarky chick is guaranteed comedy. All we got to see is stage 1, i.e. wildly misinterpreting somewhat pleasant conversation as an invitation to hump. Sadly, this was cut off prematurely before it could get to the extremely needy/stalker stage. Stupid tribe.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:06 PM   #24
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Nobody wants to talk about Michelle being the first girl in Survivor history to have her crotch blurred while still clothed?

How bad must that camel toe have been?
Old 09-27-2008, 09:30 PM   #25
Cork
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
Nobody wants to talk about Michelle being the first girl in Survivor history to have her crotch blurred while still clothed?

That's awesome.

-Cork
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:16 AM   #26
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post

i thought that was hilarious...either that or she has some nasty oversize bush that was showing through her white bikini bottoms.

that whole tribe sucks...i cant believe how incredibly bad they picked

i love the whole charlie and marcus thing...the way they keep pushing their scenes make me wonder if there might be a marcus swinging the other way episode at some point.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #27
Jas_lov
College Starter

Interesting tribe switch. The weak and lazy in the old Fang become the dominant 3 with the disgruntled Kelly tagging along. Good pick of Kelly by Kenny who is now in a really good position. If they do end up voting out Kelly like the're talking about then they're really stupid. They risk becoming the minority again with Sugar joining the other 3. GC may be dumber than I thought.

Last edited by Jas_lov : 10-09-2008 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:07 PM   #28
Jas_lov
College Starter

They do smartly get rid of Jacky. GC talking about voting out Kelly must have happened much earlier and they just edited it. Now they can target Ace or Sugar if they lose again but they have to hope those two don't trade the hidden idol.

What I don't get was why Kelly called out Kenny and the track girl for being lazy in the challenge. She still voted with them so it might have just been part of the plan.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:36 PM   #29
Raiders Army
Coordinator

While they were smart to take out Jacky, I really despise the lazy three old Fang.

I was expecting somebody after the tribe switch say "Where the fuck is all your rice?"
Old 10-10-2008, 11:03 PM   #30
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Kelly seems to be totally oblivious to what she says in terms of how it can offend people. Having said that, Fang looks terrible right now and it seems unlikely they can win any physical challenges.

Poor Bob, being left up there for so long.

I can see some new alliances forming over time, especially since Matty doesn't seem particularly enthused with the lazy 3.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:56 AM   #31
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

why on earth would you tell someone you were going to vote for them?
Old 10-31-2008, 03:59 AM   #32
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
why on earth would you tell someone you were going to vote for them?

vote Lathum

You're right, I love the blind side better.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:18 AM   #33
Jas_lov
College Starter

Randy is the best thing going for this season. He's hilarious and I'm glad he took Bob's place in the most powerful alliance. Hopefully they stick together and he goes far.

Suzie is an idiot and completely worthless. I wish her and Crystal would have gone last night before the merge instead of Dan and Ace. I wonder what was going through Sugar's mind voting off her closest ally.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:26 AM   #34
Jas_lov
College Starter

And if Suzie wasn't an idiot, she would realize that she got 3 votes and she would switch alliances. I doubt she's that smart though. I understand what Kota did because they thought Dan might have the idol, but now Suzie might stir things up.

Fang would still be outnumbered though unless they get Bob to switch. Matty is pretty much on his own now and I think he'll be one of the 1st ones gone after the merge because he's the biggest immunity threat to Kota.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:27 AM   #35
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Randy is a jackass. I hoipe he is gone and gone soon.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:17 AM   #36
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm enjoying this season quite a bit.

Have a good mix of characters with some golden boys (Marcus, Matty), some strong tacticians (Corrine, Randy, maybe Kenny), some players that could shake things up if they make it to the merge (Bob and Crystal), and two really good under the radar players (Sugar and Charlie).

I think Randy is one of the most unique players I have seen. He is annoying as hell, but is surprisingly good in physical challenges and is really strong behind the scenes.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:24 AM   #37
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Sugar is much smarter than the competitors think she is. I thought that the move to boot Ace was a good move for her. Ace wasn't trustworthy and she could see through his motivations. He also indirectly made her a target. She's got a three person voting block she can trust now and the immunity idol. She can wheel and deal in the merge with those bargaining pieces and become a big player.

Randy is half-nuts, but that's honestly a good thing in this game.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:50 AM   #38
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

the fact that Randy is a wedding photographer cracks me up
Old 10-31-2008, 08:52 AM   #39
Swaggs
Coordinator

I hope Randy goes to the jury, at least. I can see him going nuts during the final Tribal Council
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 09:44 AM   #40
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
the fact that Randy is a wedding photographer cracks me up

I could see this happening.

Randy (at a wedding): OK, can you switch the pose so you're grabbing your wife's left breast? OK, now her right breast? Great. Now can you take this camera and photograph me doing the same thing? Great.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 12:57 PM   #41
law90026
College Benchwarmer

I agree, Sugar looks to be a major player because of how she's portrayed herself as the bimbo. However, she isn't stupid at all (at least from what they show) and I can see her switching alliances at another key point to get further in the game. Having said that, I'm not sure she can win if she pushes the bimbo persona too far because it might be hard to sell at the final council.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:16 PM   #42
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Randy is the best thing going for this season. He's hilarious and I'm glad he took Bob's place in the most powerful alliance. Hopefully they stick together and he goes far.

Suzie is an idiot and completely worthless. I wish her and Crystal would have gone last night before the merge instead of Dan and Ace. I wonder what was going through Sugar's mind voting off her closest ally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Sugar is much smarter than the competitors think she is. I thought that the move to boot Ace was a good move for her. Ace wasn't trustworthy and she could see through his motivations. He also indirectly made her a target. She's got a three person voting block she can trust now and the immunity idol. She can wheel and deal in the merge with those bargaining pieces and become a big player.

Randy is half-nuts, but that's honestly a good thing in this game.

not only did she vote him off, but did you all happen to notice that there was a second word on her vote card that was blurred out? obviously you didnt know it was her card until the credits when they showed them all voting but her card obviously said "Ace XXXX" with the x's blurred out...one can only imagine that it said "Hole"
Old 10-31-2008, 09:16 PM   #43
Raiders Army
Coordinator

After this season, they're gonna change it to: "They're getting de-Fanged" instead of getting "Pagonged".
Old 10-31-2008, 10:02 PM   #44
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Sugar is getting exponentially cuter by the week.

As for Randy, he is such an over-the-top asshole that I hope he sticks around. I mean, honestly even Fairplay wasn't this big an asshole. I'm pretty sure Randy is not even remotely an act. Y'all should check out his bio on the CBS page. It's something else.

I just want him to survive at least until the family visit. I hate all the idiotic crying during the family stuff (it's mostly phoniness -- watch the first season before the show was a phenomenon, nobody cries except Jenna). I don't even think Randy will have a visitor at all, short of maybe his dog's ashes. Could be a sorely needed and hilarious change of pace!
Old 10-31-2008, 10:09 PM   #45
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Crystal is the most un-athletic Olympian male I've ever seen. Clumsy as hell and a moron to boot.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 11:34 PM   #46
Kodos
Resident Alien

It boggles my mind that she is an Olympic athlete - she hasn't done anything in any challenge. She couldn't even run up a hill in the first episode.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:03 AM   #47
Jas_lov
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydLungs View Post
Y'all should check out his bio on the CBS page. It's something else.

Quote:
His biggest pet peeves are cell phones and overly religious people, and he says he doesn't allow either in his home or car.

LOL! Randy is hilarious and I really hope he goes far. It says on his bio he admits that he's a trainwreck. If I remember correctly, Randy was the only one to not receive a letter from home on this week's show. Sugar, Randy, and Kenny are good people to root for this year.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:36 AM   #48
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
It boggles my mind that she is an Olympic athlete - she hasn't done anything in any challenge. She couldn't even run up a hill in the first episode.

You've got Crystal mixed up with someone else, the Crystal I'm speaking of is a man! Yeah baby, a man!
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:07 PM   #49
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I think it's alright to post this, but I put spoiler tags on it just in case. It's about the editing of the person who was voted out tonight.

Spoiler

Last edited by Racer : 11-06-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:28 PM   #50
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Good stuff tonight. Man how Survivor has changed since the initial seasons. I think that while viewers still respect honesty, stupidity is worse than lying now.