Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-11-2005, 07:50 AM   #1
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Dumbass Thieves

A couple of stories this morning...

Thieves hit agency serving the poor, flee with empty safe
Associated Press
Mar. 9, 2005 09:05 AM

FOSTORIA, Ohio - Thieves broke into an agency that serves the poor and made off with a safe. The only catch - the safe was empty.

"It is really quite comical," said Susan Simpkins, director of the Fostoria Bureau of Concern. "It was very heavy, and they did us a favor by taking it."

She said the agency had wanted to throw out the safe but it was too big to move.

The thieves entered the agency through a back door after it closed for the day on Feb. 28 and took the safe, which was in the office.

They did manage to grab a small amount of money from the office's petty cash supply, police said.

Man Robs Bank, Grabs Lunch, Flees
LAST UPDATE: 3/10/2005 10:56:12 PM (ABC 4 News)-- A suspected bank robber was arrested and taken to jail, after a bizarre heist in Salt Lake City.

Police say Donald Archambault robbed the Zions Bank on Foothill Blvd. Wednesday afternoon, but his getaway was anything but speedy. After the heist, Archambault allegedly walked across the parking lot to a restaurant, where he casually ate a sandwich and drank a beer while officers searched for the robber.

After his meal, police say Archambault hailed a taxi cab and asked to be taken to Ogden. The cab was en route near Bountiful when authorities contacted the driver and told him about the suspected bank robber in the back seat.

"When he told me he had a gun, I just pulled over and I told him, 'Hurry up and get out of here if you want to get away."' the driver said.

Police officers were waiting at the cab's destination on 25th Street in Ogden, and the suspect was arrested when he stepped out.

A hostess back at the restaurant apparently notified police about Archambault, and had given them information on the taxi cab. He was taken to the Salt Lake County Jail, where he faces robbery charges. Authorities say Archambault may have gotten away if it weren't for the alert hostess, and the calm cab driver.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:01 AM   #2
Balldog
Pro Rookie

lol - Fostoria is about 15 miles away from where I live.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:50 AM   #3
gstelmack
Pro Starter

The guy walks across the parking lot to a restaurant and NO ONE FROM THE BANK NOTICES THIS?
Old 03-11-2005, 10:36 AM   #4
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
The guy walks across the parking lot to a restaurant and NO ONE FROM THE BANK NOTICES THIS?

Some of them aren't the brightest around here....You gotta give the robber props for casually eating lunch and downing a beer
Old 03-11-2005, 11:35 AM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Gotta love dumb thieves!!!

I like the one from Japan a little better. Thieves broke into what they thought was a college dorm. They were quickly pounced on and taken into custody by the police cadets inside what was actually a police academy. I'll post the link later if I can find it again. At work right now so I may not have the time to find it.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote