Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #1
astrosfan64
College Prospect

FIFA Manager vs Football Manager

Has anyone tried both of these game this year? I've always loved FM, but I tried Fifa Manager last year and it was very good as well.

Just wondering if anyone has input on the differences this year.

astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64 View Post
Has anyone tried both of these game this year? I've always loved FM, but I tried Fifa Manager last year and it was very good as well.

Just wondering if anyone has input on the differences this year.

I read that Fifa Manager still doesn't have the real MLS setup. Trying to verify that. Though I wish the MLS was setup like England, its not and I want to play by the real rules. Looks like another year of FM for me.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:31 PM   #3
Sgran
High School Varsity

I played some of last year's Fifa Manager. It took them 4 patches to get most of the glitches out (some are still there). It's a fun game because of the 3d match display, and it's modable. The less famous countries don't have much depth, but you can edit the leagues. i was actually surprised at what large budgets the US teams have. I have no idea if it's real or not.
As for community, the forums are just full of grousers and fan boys, and there's not much in between. I got it cheap because it was last year's version (bought it for about $10) and played it non-stop for a few months. NOw, though, my team is stuck in debt (I tried, unsuccessfully, to make a mid-level Hungarian team a world power), so I haven't played for a while. I'll probably take a job in the French Division 2 league.