Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-25-2003, 03:06 AM   #1
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Thumbs down FOF 2004 unlicensed itself!!!

Yeah, so I went to play FOF tonight and for some reason the product wasn't licensed anymore!!! I checked the control panel and it informed me that I haven't yet purchased the product...which I had played only hours earlier. I filled out the ViaTech Support Request Form with the following...

"The problem I am experiencing is the fact that my license was removed without me unlicensing the product. Windows hasn't crashed on me or anything like that. I played it for several hours last night, and when I went to click on the desktop icon today it treated me as though I had yet to license the game. I didn't unlicense the game, and when I went to check the "control panel" for my product number it told me I had yet to purchase the product.

For now I can use my other license (I believe we get 2 with the game), but I need the second license restored in case something happens to my PC or in case of some other malfunction. Thanks in advance."

Hopefully I get a timely response and get this resolved. I wonder what could have caused this? I'll post an update when/if they contact me.

Edit: Anyone know why this would happen?

Last edited by kingnebwsu : 11-25-2003 at 03:44 AM.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 08:40 AM   #2
samifan24
Pro Starter

I think I remember seeing this same thing happen to someone else, so it may not be an isolated incident.
Old 11-25-2003, 08:44 AM   #3
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

It didn't include an Unlicense option on any of my installs.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 08:45 AM   #4
spleen1015
Coordinator

This happened to me as well. Some how, I has 2 e-license icons in Control Panel. Everything that I have that uses e-license got unlicensed somehow.

I when out to Viatech's site and got the uninstall program for the e-license control. I uninstalled then reinstalled my games and everything looks to be working now.
Old 11-25-2003, 03:43 PM   #5
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I now have 2 things in the E-license menu also, though one won't let me license it, as it "couldn't find the executable." Weird.

Viatech did give me another license, so I'm back to 2 now. That's good news and I only hope this doesn't happen again. I wish I knew HOW it happened.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:32 PM   #6
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

kingneb - Same thing happened here, never did figure out how/why it happened. Viatech squared me away by re-setting me to two also.

For now at least, I'm going with the advice an old IT boss I had used to offer me from time to time "Jon", he'd say, "some things just are.
Old 11-29-2003, 10:51 PM   #7
spleen1015
Coordinator

I had this problem again the other day. I sent ViaTech and e-mail an they sent me a program to run. It looks to have fixed the problem.

PM me if you want the program. I can send it to you.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:10 AM   #8
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Nah, that's okay. I'll PM you if it happens again. I'm getting a new HD this week (hopefully), so I'll be reinstalling it on there (with XP, as opposed to the '98 I'm usin' now), so we'll see if it happens again. Hopefully not