Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-30-2003, 10:40 AM   #1
vtbub
College Starter

A proposal

In light of yet another league getting burnt by the enigma that is hornsmaniac, I propose that a message board/website be set up for commishes and assistants regardless of what sport or game ,to share information about running leagues, people to watch out for, latest patches, and general advice.

I can do the message board no problem, and can do the basic webpage.

Thoughts?

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 11:07 AM   #2
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I think that's a great idea. My attitude might be slightly biased having received a psychotic resignation from an owner today that accuses me of not allowing his to win in not only the league of mine that he was in but somehow I'm related to his not winning, or leaving several leagues that I have nothing to do with. After emailing the commissioners from those leagues I found he has the same story in each one. Enters the league quietly, slowly starts posting and complaining about the league on the message board, starts sending off the wall emails to the commissioner that get progressively more disturbed and then leaves with some insane rant. Luckily he skipped right from entering to the insane rant in my league so he didn't start harassing other owners.

Sorry, had to get that off my chest. I think a forum like that could be very helpful.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 11:09 AM   #3
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I would check in to a forum like that every now and then to see waht people have to say and to post my own thoughts.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 11:13 AM   #4
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Put me down as someone who needs to be blacklisted. Every six months or so, with the BEST of intentions, I decide to get involved in some online league or another, and invariably I lose interest within a few weeks because things don't move at a pace I can handle. The latest is really embarrassing. I was invited to be in the OOTP league with Markus, Steve, Joe, etc. etc. etc. and have dropped the ball on that one after a few weeks. I'm terrible!
Old 04-30-2003, 12:54 PM   #5
bbor
Pro Starter

BAN SKYDOG

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote