Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-19-2005, 11:48 AM   #1
Blackadar
Retired

Re-installing FOF 2004 on a new PC

I can't believe there's nothing on this in the stickied thread on the site.

Old PC died...

Got a new PC...

How do I reinstall FOF 2004? I can download the file from the support link on Solecismic, but don't have anything else - no password confirmation, security code, nada. Help?

Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 11:52 AM   #2
FBPro
College Starter

You can re-download the game, but you will have to contact http://www.elicense.com to get the ID if you don't have it.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 11:54 AM   #3
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

If you've never played FOF on a computer before then you will need to license the game on the new computer. Hopefully you still have your 2nd license as I'm assuming that you lost your other one from the PC that "died". If you don't have a license to part with, then e-mail ViaTech at [email protected] with your purchasing details (name, e-mail, proximate date you purchased, Order ID).
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 12:00 PM   #4
Blackadar
Retired

Let's see how long they take to respond...

I no longer even have my order ID.

Last edited by Blackadar : 02-19-2005 at 12:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:01 PM   #5
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
Let's see how long they take to respond...

I no longer even have my order ID.

I wouldn't hold my breath on a Saturday. I've been responded to within hours during the work week.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 12:04 PM   #6
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
I wouldn't hold my breath on a Saturday. I've been responded to within hours during the work week.

I'm not. My only experiences with E-license haven't been especially good because I was dealing with so many complaints when I ran this site - which happened to be the very first e-licensed FOF (what a fiasco).
Old 02-21-2005, 02:38 PM   #7
Blackadar
Retired

So far, no response from e-license...
Old 02-21-2005, 02:40 PM   #8
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

there's a wonderful thing called a telephone that may help in situations like these.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 02:42 PM   #9
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

feel free to ignore this link which I'm sure isn't anything like your situation either...

http://www.fof-ihof.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3519
Old 02-21-2005, 02:49 PM   #10
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
there's a wonderful thing called a telephone that may help in situations like these.

There's a wonderful thing called a big glass of shut the fuck up that may help in situations like yours.

That's why Bigwood has been running Boulder for the last couple of weeks.

Actually, I want to see if they will respond via e-mail before calling them.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:51 PM   #11
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm not. My only experiences with E-license haven't been especially good because I was dealing with so many complaints when I ran this site - which happened to be the very first e-licensed FOF (what a fiasco).

Have you spent too long wading through the breakfast cereals, because I'm pretty sure that was the Digital River fiasco.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:52 PM   #12
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
There's a wonderful thing called a big glass of shut the fuck up that may help in situations like yours.

That's why Bigwood has been running Boulder for the last couple of weeks.

Actually, I want to see if they will respond via e-mail before calling them.

Why? Is it some test? Obviously the goal isn't to get FOF back up and running as quickly as possible. It seems to be "how much can I bitch about something I could fix in 5 mins"...

There's nothing stickied in the thread because this is common sense, call and you'll be fine like HFP was. Of course, feel free to ignore it and continue on your merry way of not having FOF.
Old 02-21-2005, 02:52 PM   #13
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacman
Have you spent too long wading through the breakfast cereals, because I'm pretty sure that was the Digital River fiasco.

You would be correct sir.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:04 PM   #14
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
Why? Is it some test? Obviously the goal isn't to get FOF back up and running as quickly as possible. It seems to be "how much can I bitch about something I could fix in 5 mins"...

There's nothing stickied in the thread because this is common sense, call and you'll be fine like HFP was. Of course, feel free to ignore it and continue on your merry way of not having FOF.

No, dick, because I'm on the phone at my office and don't want to waste time calling e-license.

I can surf and type e-mails while calling my clients but I can't have two phone conversations at once.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:09 PM   #15
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No, dick, because I'm on the phone at my office and don't want to waste time calling e-license.

I can surf and type e-mails while calling my clients but I can't have two phone conversations at once.
Yet asking rhetorical questions on a message board about something that is a no brainer is somehow not wasting time... BRILLIANT!

I'll also wager that you COULD (just possibly) manage a 2 minute phone call into viatech after you get off the phone witha client. But again, it seems like you'd rather waste a couple of days bitching here than calling them to resolve it.

Of course, considering you have digital river and viatech confused it's amazing you even found your way back here.

There's no magic solution besides getting a hold of VTech. If you're pissed at how long they are taking to email you back then friggin call them.

Last edited by Chubby : 02-21-2005 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:19 PM   #16
Blackadar
Retired

Chubby,

You're the only person on my ignore list at FOFC. Now I remember why. Skydog should have kept you banned from here.

Pissed? No. More curious than anything else.

And I'm on the phone to a client right now...so I can multitask.

But you are right about one thing...it was Digital River that was the culprit back then. I keep having flashbacks.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:25 PM   #17
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Chubby,

You're the only person on my ignore list at FOFC. Now I remember why. Skydog should have kept you banned from here.

Pissed? No. More curious than anything else.

And I'm on the phone to a client right now...so I can multitask.

But you are right about one thing...it was Digital River that was the culprit back then. I keep having flashbacks.
Am I supposed to care about being on anyone's ignore list? If I'm on for pointing out stupid pointless bitching then yay me!

I'm sure that the phone will still be working once the conversation with that client is over and it's nice to see you giving that client the full attention they deserve, I'm sure they appreciate it.

If you're just "curious" how long it will take them to respond then why bother starting this thread?

Last edited by Chubby : 02-21-2005 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:27 PM   #18
Blackadar
Retired

The thread was started to get help (duh!). It's updated with the progress, or lack thereof, for informational sake and for fun. If you don't like it, don't read it and don't respond. Actually, do us all a favor and don't respond to anything because you never have a good word to say about anything or anyone.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:30 PM   #19
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The thread was started to get help (duh!). It's updated with the progress, or lack thereof, for informational sake and for fun. If you don't like it, don't read it and don't respond. Actually, do us all a favor and don't respond to anything because you never have a good word to say about anything or anyone.

uh huh. please ignore the fact that I pointed you in the direction of quickest remedy, I wouldn't want the facts to get mixed up with your version of things. I mean, Digital River is really screwing you over this time!

you got help, you don't want to use it. you want to "update" us with the fact that you refuse to try a quicker remedy, good job!