Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-05-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

FBCB

Okay so i got the urge to fire this game up and take over the Northwestern Wildcats. I am in my third year and have won a whopping 2 conference games in two years. The board is telling me they was me to at least finish .500 in the conference. Are they kidding? Anyways i am amazed at how old this game and how addictive it is. I figured i would play through one season since it was late last night and the next thing i know i was ready to start my non-conference schedule for year three. My hat is definitely off to Heavyreign for making such an awesome game that stands up over time. Now back to trying to get a few wins before i get fired.

cubboyroy1826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:25 PM   #2
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yep, great game! Many of us still participate in the FOFC FBCB league that has run for years:

:: Index

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:27 PM   #3
molson
General Manager

Whatever happened to Heavyreign and FBCB2? That's probably the only text sim I would buy the day of release.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:50 PM   #4
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

I have resisted joining due to other various commitments. I may have to take a look at the league again.

I think this may be my favorite sports text sim ever.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:53 PM   #5
Swaggs
Coordinator

Agreed -- and, even if you get fired, you can always work your way back up from the bottom. A great, great game that I still play to this day.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Agreed with everything said. Still my all time favorite sports sim.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:09 PM   #7
cubboyroy1826
College Benchwarmer

Swaggs i think i started at the wrong program as a low level coach. Oh well if i get canned i can try another Illinois school.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:08 PM   #8
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I alternate playing this and BBCF. I enjoy starting at a crappy school and working my way up.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I'm around. Work has been done on FBCB2 based on the idea thread from years ago. Basically I just need to lock myself in a room and get the last bit of work done and we might actually see some beta testing.

I'd say my biggest issue right now is I have a very short but very focused attention span. When I start working programming or playing a game or anything, I do it excessively and then get burnt out and lose interest for long periods of time. When I get hit by any major sources of stress, it kind of wipes me out and I can't focus on anything for a while. Dunno if that describes some sort of disorder or anything but that's the way my head works right now. I'm certainly open to suggestions on how to deal with it.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #10
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
I'd say my biggest issue right now is I have a very short but very focused attention span. When I start working programming or playing a game or anything, I do it excessively and then get burnt out and lose interest for long periods of time. When I get hit by any major sources of stress, it kind of wipes me out and I can't focus on anything for a while. Dunno if that describes some sort of disorder or anything but that's the way my head works right now. I'm certainly open to suggestions on how to deal with it.

wow that's exactly how i feel.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:05 PM   #11
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm around. Work has been done on FBCB2 based on the idea thread from years ago. Basically I just need to lock myself in a room and get the last bit of work done and we might actually see some beta testing.

Oh my

As for the stress, I am the same way, I obsess pretty heavily with whatever I'm primarily focused on at the time and other things often fall to the wayside. I wish I had advice for you on that, but I don't. Good luck though, FBCB2 is something I'd be extremely excited for if it makes it!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:23 PM   #12
Balldog
Pro Rookie

The thought of FBCB2 makes me
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #13
rjolley
College Starter

FBCB2 on the horizon? Ok, that makes up for this long week.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:43 PM   #14
MJ4H
Coordinator

This would be fantastic. Please do this HR. I shall contribute four words of encouragement for the cause:

go go go go
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:42 PM   #15
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua View Post
Agreed with everything said. Still my all time favorite sports sim.

Yep. My next team in my 75+ year career will be Western Carolina Catamounts (prestige 18) with movements on for a change of pace.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #16
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:

Wow, that's great news!
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 06:46 PM   #17
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
wow that's exactly how i feel.

+2 (or definitely close enough)
Old 11-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #18
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
+2 (or definitely close enough)

+3
Old 11-05-2009, 07:20 PM   #19
Icy
Pro Starter

Great news heavyreign.

Btw, about your biggest issue, i think a lot of us are exactly the same way. Focus on something, give it all on it, and then get burned out and bored. In fact i'm right now in the middle of a similar problem with my main job.

After years of working alone and by myself, with good economical success i must say so that is not the issue, i'm really burned on it and i'm in talks right now to be hired by a big company in the same sector that has been head hunting me for a while.

If I accepted to start to discuss it is just because i want new challenges and to try something new, to work in a big team instead of alone, and to see if the change can motivate me again even when i probably will start earning less than what i have in the past.

Maybe you just need a big change in your life to get out of your routine, to start totally fresh in a new job or city or even both.

About the game, maybe you can start to openly talking about your project and ideas, see the reactions (good and bad), ask for suggestions, etc in this forum or any other, where fans comments will probably motivate you again with our praise, with our impatience to get the game, etc, as we all love your creation and you should be really proud of it.

A lot of us use this forum as our free psychological therapy, nothing like sharing your thoughts with a bunch of guys with similar interests, knowing that most of them if not all won't ever see you in person (besides Izulde who has been already in my house in Spain ) or can tell anybody about those thoughts.

Last edited by Icy : 11-05-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #20
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

strategy related question

When doing training, if a guy is maxed out in his rating, is there any point to putting more points into that part of his traing when setting it up?
Old 11-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #21
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
+3

+4

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #22
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
strategy related question

When doing training, if a guy is maxed out in his rating, is there any point to putting more points into that part of his traing when setting it up?

If by maxed out you mean his rating is at 100, I don't think so.

Though I believe it's possible to rise above the player's potential. I use a 1-10 scale so it's harder to tell, but I've seen players go a point or so above what you'd expect them to reach in certain ratings.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:20 PM   #23
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

It is possible to go beyond the potential but gains will be small like groundhog mentioned.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #24
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

Considering you perfectly described how I too do things excessively followed by burn out and how stress affects my focus, I'm sure that means something is very wrong with you.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #25
tarcone
Coordinator

I want a college basketball game.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #26
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I want a college basketball game.

now that your football season is over...