Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-20-2007, 08:09 AM   #1
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

"24 Hour Banking Adjustment"

So I just logged into my bank account to see if a check had cleared, and I noticed that Wachovia had deducted $18.00 from my account, calling it a "24 HOUR BANKING ADJUSTMENT."

Anyone know what that is? I'm gonna call to figure it out, but I thought that if someone here knew, it might save me some time.

I've never seen it before.

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:32 AM   #2
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

It is a multiple of 9 so, probably transposed some numbers and caught in 24 hours later when they balanced.

You may have deposited a check for say, $113 but, they deposited $131 and then deducted the $18 from your account later.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 09-20-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:51 AM   #3
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Another possibility is that this doesn't refer to something they've done in a 24-hour period but rather something to do with ATM's (aka 24 Hour Banking).
A combined set of service charges for ATM transactions maybe?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #4
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Another possibility is that this doesn't refer to something they've done in a 24-hour period but rather something to do with ATM's (aka 24 Hour Banking).
A combined set of service charges for ATM transactions maybe?

That's what I am wondering. If they are charging me for using ATMs at a certain time, then I want to know it so I can stop doing it and/or change banks.

Though Mustang's explination makes sense, especially because my ATM habits have not changed, and this is the first time that I have seen this on the account.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 09-20-2007 at 09:07 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
It is a multiple of 9 so, probably transposed some numbers and caught in 24 hours later when they balanced.

Leader in the clubhouse.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:10 AM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

You may have deposited a check for say, $113 but, they deposited $131 and then deducted the $18 from your account later.

scary smart thinking!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:21 AM   #7
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I guess they call it a 24 Hour Banking Adujstment because it would have been mean of them to call it the stupid customer adjustment.

Having done a little digging, I realize that I am the one guilty of having deposited a recent check while transposing the numbers $18.00 in my favor. Not their fault at all.

Thanks for saving me a phone call.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:26 AM   #8
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
I guess they call it a 24 Hour Banking Adujstment because it would have been mean of them to call it the stupid customer adjustment.

Having done a little digging, I realize that I am the one guilty of having deposited a recent check while transposing the numbers $18.00 in my favor. Not their fault at all.

Wow. Mustang wins the thread in a landslide.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #9
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

I once did an ATM deposit for something like $1500.00, but when I was entering in the amount on the ATM screen I forgot to hit the final two zeros for the cents, and it showed a $15.00 deposit. I was about to go on vacation and needed the money badly, but luckily my bank fixed it for me fairly quickly...

I still felt like the biggest idiot in the world, though.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 09-20-2007 at 04:53 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #10
SnowMan
High School Varsity

I made a $54 error..but in the opposite direction! It was like free money!
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #11
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Um... just, damn.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote