Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-06-2003, 08:54 PM   #1
FBPro
College Starter

$360,000.00 Throw

Props to the guy at SEC halftime for making the 30 yard throw into a 1 or 2 foot hole(didn't hear the exact size). Great job!!

Way to go Chuck!
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025

FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 09:06 PM   #2
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Wasn't if $400k?

That was a thing of beauty, though...
Old 12-06-2003, 09:14 PM   #3
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Man, that was just great. I was really cheering for the guy. Remember thinking "wouldn't it be great if he made this throw?", and then I thought he threw it too high. And it sank right in there. Wow!

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 09:15 PM   #4
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by RPI-Fan
Wasn't if $400k?

That was a thing of beauty, though...

He ended up with $400k. He had already won $40,000 before that throw. The final throw added a 0 to the amount he had already won.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 09:17 PM   #5
FargoFreez aka fof playa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by RPI-Fan
Wasn't if $400k?

He had already made 40k before the big throw. And too bad he didn't take any credit for the throw. Had to give it to JC. Whatever.
FargoFreez aka fof playa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 09:19 PM   #6
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Sheesh, people, who gives a crap who he gives credit to after he does it? Just enjoy a fuin little moment and move on.

CR

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-06-2003 at 09:19 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 09:21 PM   #7
FBPro
College Starter

Exactly...
Old 12-06-2003, 09:37 PM   #8
FargoFreez aka fof playa
Banned

Hey, if someone wants to take a poke at Tom Cruise for being a scientologist, then I'll throw in a shot right here.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:55 PM   #9
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Just once I want to see someone praise satan for allowing them to do ... everyone would go ballistic it would be so funny.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 09:57 PM   #10
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally posted by Chubby
Just once I want to see someone praise satan for allowing them to do (insert great feat here)... everyone would go ballistic it would be so funny.

I agree with this.
Old 12-06-2003, 10:06 PM   #11
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:
Originally posted by FargoFreez aka fof playa
He had already made 40k before the big throw. And too bad he didn't take any credit for the throw. Had to give it to JC. Whatever.

So the guy's a big N'Sync fan?
Old 12-06-2003, 10:12 PM   #12
FargoFreez aka fof playa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by CamEdwards
So the guy's a big N'Sync fan?
Old 12-06-2003, 10:22 PM   #13
Easy Mac

I'm just scared Cam knows which group JC is in. Anyone else picturing Cam standing in an audience with 10 year old girls around him...
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 10:54 PM   #14
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Easy Mac
I'm just scared Cam knows which group JC is in. Anyone else picturing Cam standing in an audience with 10 year old girls around him...

Surprisingly, yes I do picture him doing that.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 10:59 PM   #15
Easy Mac

Personally, I would have been thanking Joey Fat One... if not for him, I never would have what I ever wanted, baby.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:16 AM   #16
tucker342
Pro Starter

Quote:
Just once I want to see someone praise satan for allowing them to do ... everyone would go ballistic it would be so funny.

That would be awesome!
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 01:18 AM   #17
tucker342
Pro Starter

Dola-

My guess is that Jesus didn't help him make that throw..... but hey, oh well...
tucker342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 01:45 AM   #18
sooner333
College Starter

Wait...didn't you guys see Jesus fly into your TV set and guide the ball into the huge Dr. Pepper can??!?!?!?!!?!?
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 05:30 AM   #19
FBPro
College Starter

Yet, if the guy had thanked a coach, his son or a friend.....no "commentary" would have been made.................
Old 12-07-2003, 05:39 AM   #20
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by sooner333
Wait...didn't you guys see Jesus fly into your TV set and guide the ball into the huge Dr. Pepper can??!?!?!?!!?!?

You're right. In order for anything to be real, it must have some type of overtly obvious visual display!!! That's why I refuse to believe in gravity until I see the giant scaly hands that must be pulling me down.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:58 AM   #21
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

I turned it on to hear him thanking Jesus Christ for it. It made me think, instead of Jesus Christ helping dude win a $400k football throw, why isn't Jesus keeping babies from being born with terminal diseases?

Last edited by Tekneek : 12-07-2003 at 07:58 AM.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 08:20 AM   #22
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Schmidty
You're right. In order for anything to be real, it must have some type of overtly obvious visual display!!! That's why I refuse to believe in gravity until I see the giant scaly hands that must be pulling me down.

Yet people don't believe me when I tell them I'm Jesus... I would think that with all your talk you would actually believe Me.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:02 AM   #23
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:

They should do it with a very serious expression and then let it go. I'm actually surprised nobody has done that yet.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:49 PM   #24
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekneek
I turned it on to hear him thanking Jesus Christ for it. It made me think, instead of Jesus Christ helping dude win a $400k football throw, why isn't Jesus keeping babies from being born with terminal diseases?

I agree. I mean, the Almighty is so limited that he can only do one thing at a time.

Last edited by Schmidty : 12-07-2003 at 01:50 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 01:55 PM   #25
sooner333
College Starter

I apoligize for my joke to anybody who found it offensive. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 02:16 PM   #26
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by sooner333
I apoligize for my joke to anybody who found it offensive. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

You shouldn't be sorry and you shouldn't have to worry about censoring yourself here. Just expect me to call you out on it.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:02 PM   #27
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekneek
They should do it with a very serious expression and then let it go. I'm actually surprised nobody has done that yet.

do you know how classic that would be? if some dingelberry won some dink golf tournament or something then thanks satan, he would be the talk of the country for at LEAST a week where normally noone would give 2 shits about him.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:21 PM   #28
Easy Mac

Gravity has a visual display
Old 12-07-2003, 08:28 PM   #29
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Easy Mac
Gravity has a visual display

So does a ball going through a hole in a Dr. Pepper sign. Your point?
Old 12-07-2003, 08:30 PM   #30
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So does a ball going through a hole in a Dr. Pepper sign. Your point?

umm so therefore jesus MUST have had something to do with it, that is your position right?
Old 12-07-2003, 08:41 PM   #31
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
umm so therefore jesus MUST have had something to do with it, that is your position right?

I don't have a position. I'm just sick and tired of Christian-bashing. It's almost a knee-jerk, brain-dead thing with a lot of you guys.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:41 PM   #32
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:

After winning some grammy, the lead singer to the band TOOL thanked Satan. That pretty much sums up TOOL though, always telling people not to take everything at face value.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:42 PM   #33
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Sun Tzu
After winning some grammy, the lead singer to the band TOOL thanked Satan. That pretty much sums up TOOL though, always telling people not to take everything at face value.

Maynard fuckin owns!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 08:47 PM   #34
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't have a position. I'm just sick and tired of Christian-bashing. It's almost a knee-jerk, brain-dead thing with a lot of you guys.

ok, i don't see it as christian bashing. personally it's just as silly if someone praises any religious figure regardless of religion. the only reason it prob comes across as christian bashing is since well, it's mostly christians that do it.
Old 12-07-2003, 08:57 PM   #35
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
ok, i don't see it as christian bashing. personally it's just as silly if someone praises any religious figure regardless of religion. the only reason it prob comes across as christian bashing is since well, it's mostly christians that do it.

What you just expressed is your opinion. That's great and that's your right. I see your points and I understand them.

Bottom line: I think you're dead wrong, and I will continue to defend what I percieve to be attacks and/or mockery of my faith. That's my right and that's what I plan to do when I have the chance.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:10 PM   #36
FargoFreez aka fof playa
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
Maynard fuckin owns!

So does his dick.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:11 PM   #37
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by sabotai
Maynard fuckin owns!

You said it buddy. He supposedely lives somewhere around here too. I heard somewhere near Camelback mountain which is about a half hour from me.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:19 PM   #38
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What you just expressed is your opinion. That's great and that's your right. I see your points and I understand them.

Bottom line: I think you're dead wrong, and I will continue to defend what I percieve to be attacks and/or mockery of my faith. That's my right and that's what I plan to do when I have the chance.

that's fine, like you said that's your opinion but i'll respectfully disagree.

I think that anyone that praises a higher power for something as trivial as throwing a football through a promotional soda can really needs to think about their higher power a little more. I mean, did Jesus say "you know what, Bob from Podunk has been a really good christian I'm going to guide his football through the can, while Ralph on the Big 12 title game hasn't been a good christian so nuts to him, his shot won't make it cause I said so." Hopefully that guy remembers to curse Jesus when he gets fired/gets divorced/gets a speeding ticket.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:39 PM   #39
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
that's fine, like you said that's your opinion but i'll respectfully disagree.

I think that anyone that praises a higher power for something as trivial as throwing a football through a promotional soda can really needs to think about their higher power a little more. I mean, did Jesus say "you know what, Bob from Podunk has been a really good christian I'm going to guide his football through the can, while Ralph on the Big 12 title game hasn't been a good christian so nuts to him, his shot won't make it cause I said so." Hopefully that guy remembers to curse Jesus when he gets fired/gets divorced/gets a speeding ticket.

You are rating things with the mind of a human and with all of it's limitation of understanding. God isn't limited by the affliction of a human brain. You never know how one person winning or accomplishing something "insignificant" is going to affect God's will or other people's lives. For example, perhaps the man who won really is going to donate a lot of the money to church missions and charities. That could trickle down to a single child somewhere getting the medical, spiritual, or nutritional help that impoves or even saves his or her life. The possibilities are endless as far as what could happen.

I want to expand on this but I have to be to work in less than a half hour, so I might need to add more later. To me, this issue comes down to the issue of God's soveriegnty. It's funny, because I have been in a "discussion" with a friend about something similar: Arminianism versus Calvinism. I won't get into that debate here, but suffice it to say that I am a Calvinist. In my view God is totally soveriegn, and therefore nothing happens that is out of God's control. Man still has responsibility, but God still has total control. Therefore, giving thanks for good things that happen in our lives, even small things, is natural and right.

Anyway, off to work I go.

Last edited by Schmidty : 12-07-2003 at 09:48 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 09:49 PM   #40
QuikSand
lolzcat

So, (he says to the proclaimed Calvinist) should we still have a criminal justice system? Does the argument of "ought implies can" come into your discussions with your friend?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 09:55 PM   #41
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You are rating things with the mind of a human and with all of it's limitation of understanding. God isn't limited by the affliction of a human brain. You never know how one person winning or accomplishing something "insignificant" is going to affect God's will or other people's lives. For example, perhaps the man who won really is going to donate a lot of the money to church missions and charities. That could trickle down to a single child somewhere getting the medical, spiritual, or nutritional help that impoves or even saves his or her life. The possibilities are endless as far as what could happen.

I want to expand on this but I have to be to work in less than a half hour, so I might need to add more later. To me, this issue comes down the issue of God's soveriegnty. It's funny, because I have been in a "discussion" with a friend about something similar: Arminianism versus Calvinism. I won't get into that debate here, but suffice it to say that I am a Calvinist. In my view God is totally soveriegn, and therefore nothing happens that is out of God's control. Man still has responsibility, but God still has total control.

Anyway, off to work I go.

however, the guy could also be a liar and spend all the money on drugs and hookers while donating none of the money to the needy (besides the poor drug-dealers and hookers of course). Besides nothing should affect "God's will" becuase he is in "total control" i thought?

If nothing is out of God's control, then why does he create wars over Himself? Why does He have people kill themselves along with innocents in His name? To show that "they" are right in their beliefs?

I think there is a god and that all religions worship the same god just in different ways. I just can't believe that one religion "got it right" while the others are "wrong".

Also, how do you know God isn't "limited with the affliction of a human brain"? Course what this really comes down to is faith not really Calvinism. Tho I guess I would fall into the "Arminianism" category in that I don't think God bothers Himself/Herself in sporting events or whether I find my keys in the morning. As a Calvinist, how do you deal with the fact that what you do has no relevance, that you have no choice? What's the purpose of doing anything?

I also maintain my assertion that I am the reincarnation of Jesus until someone can prove otherwise.
Old 12-07-2003, 11:21 PM   #42
FargoFreez aka fof playa
Banned

Quote:
I also maintain my assertion that I am the reincarnation of Jesus until someone can prove otherwise.

Shyeah..right. Some say I have a god-like curveball. So if anyone is...
Old 12-08-2003, 05:35 AM   #43
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I agree. I mean, the Almighty is so limited that he can only do one thing at a time.

Well, babies are being born with terminal diseases... I guess that answers the question once and for all, yes? JC must be too busy helping people win halftime contests to get around to it...
Old 12-08-2003, 05:36 AM   #44
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Talking about some fool who thinks he had divine intervention to win a halftime contest is Christian bashing?
Old 12-08-2003, 07:51 AM   #45
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally posted by Tekneek Talking about some fool who thinks he had divine intervention to win a halftime contest is Christian bashing?

When it's done the way some of this has been? Yeah.

But it's not exactly what I'd call "unexpected" either.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:20 AM   #46
Subby
lolzcat

Schmidty would have kicked ass during the Crusades...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 08:24 AM   #47
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
God lives in my pants. Sometimes I can feel him right before I, well, you know...
Old 12-08-2003, 08:24 AM   #48
Huckleberry
College Starter

Schmidty -

If God has total control then what does that do to your Christian concept of free will? Seems like we don't actually have free will after all.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote