Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-15-2005, 09:39 PM   #1
MikeVic
Head Coach

Question Anyone have Redd Kross - Redd Blood Cells?

I was watching some video in a class about Creative Commons (www.creativecommons.ca), which is what I think Jay-Z has effectively used when he said people can use his rapping without his permission...

Anyway, at the beginning of the video, they mention how some guy named Steve McDonald of a band named Redd Kross took some White Stripes' songs and added a bassline to them.

I want to hear how this sounds, but I can't find the songs anywhere. I went to Redd Kross' site (hxxp://www.reddkross.com/), and they only have one song... but they say on the site that you should be able to find it somewhere, since it was downloaded a lot. And it's legal... so I'm hoping someone on FOFC has these?

MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:48 PM   #2
Joe
Pro Starter

who?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:57 PM   #3
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Redd Kross sucks a fat one. The most generic f'ing band ever. Also ruined anything Anna Waronker had going... those f%$#ers
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:58 PM   #4
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Try a file-sharing program like Bearshare.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:59 PM   #5
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

ct, just say the word fuck already. Good grief.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:59 PM   #6
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
Redd Kross sucks a fat one. The most generic f'ing band ever. Also ruined anything Anna Waronker had going... those f%$#ers

I know nothing of them... since I heard of this, I was going to give their music a shot... but I guess I won't. I still want to hear the White Stripes thing though...
Old 03-15-2005, 09:59 PM   #7
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Try a file-sharing program like Bearshare.

Don't listen, thats one of them Men On Men sites I think.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:01 PM   #8
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic
I know nothing of them... since I heard of this, I was going to give their music a shot... but I guess I won't. I still want to hear the White Stripes thing though...

Ack! Someone on this site, we'll call him Chmidty, said Radiohead sucked. Well I obviously didn't stop listening to Radiohead.
Old 03-15-2005, 10:03 PM   #9
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Ack! Someone on this site, we'll call him Chmidty, said Radiohead sucked. Well I obviously didn't stop listening to Radiohead.

Radiohead sucks?? Hmm.. I should re-evaluate the amount of weight I give to members of the board in determining what music I listen to then...
Old 03-15-2005, 10:04 PM   #10
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
ct, just say the word fuck already. Good grief.
no f'ing way.

I'm guessing this project is indeed worth a listen, but I'm warning that Redd Kross (doing their own stuff) is almost certainly a waste of your time.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 03-15-2005 at 10:05 PM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:08 PM   #11
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I never really liked Redd Kross, but they've been linked with Jellyfish in a couple of ways. One of their members was in Three O'Clock with Jason Falkner in the late 80's before he joined JF. Most recently, Brian Reitzell, RK's drummer, formed TV Eyes, a retro-new wave type band, with Falkner and Roger Manning. Reitzell was also the musical producer for Lost In Translation.

McDonald actually played bass for the White Stripes before they got big, so this project, whatever it is, probably wasn't too big a stretch for him.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote