Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #1
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Which Sports Packages Do You Subscribe To?

Just wondering what packages people think is worth the money, what you have no interest in and what you would like to get but is too expensive.

I pay for MLB and NBA Broadband. I feel like they are good values and I have a cord that can connect my laptop to a tv.

I was thinking about getting Sunday Ticket, but it was too expensive and I didn't want to do a two year commitment for directv

College sports I am happy with what is offered so there is no need to pay extra there and I dont have an interest in soccer, hockey or jai lai :-)

LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I subscribe to the "Center Ice Package". I like it. The only drawback is that there are no HD channels available on Comcast. If there was just one or two games a night available in HD, it would make a huge, huge difference in the number of games I watch.

I just bought the Comcast "Sports Package" to get the NFL's Red Zone Channel. For $8 a month, it's totally worth it.

I had the Sunday Ticket for one year while I was in DC, but, personally, I believe if you live in your home team's market, taking the relative costs for each service, the $8 a month ($32 for the season) for the Red Zone Channel is much better than the Sunday Ticket. You get to see pretty much all of the exciting action from each game live and no commercials.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:51 AM   #3
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

I am lucky. Currently renting a room in a guy's house here in PA, and he is a sports fan. He has digital cable, which gives me some of the rather non-standard channels (Big Ten network, NHL Network, etc.). He also bought NHL Center Ice, which also included some of the end of season MLB games as they share the same stations.

I would never pay for the special packages, personally. I just don't have enough interest in them to justify it.

Each to his own though, just invite me over when you have some good stuff on!!
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #4
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I get my fill of sports through whatever is on so I don't pay for any of the special packages (I'm not even sure which ones I have available) I just get the regional sports channels through UVerse, but I think that is just part of the U300 package. If I downgraded and it went away, I couldn't see paying to get it back.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #5
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Centre Ice
Sports Package to get NHL Network, NFL Network, all the Fox Sports
MLB Extra Innings
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #6
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I get the baseball package every year since I haven't lived in the NY market in a while. I most definitely did not get my moneys worth.

I have thought about Sunday ticket but enjoy going out for the Giants games. When they are on national TV I stay home, so I get a nice mix. Next year when we had the kid in the mix I'll probably consider getting sunday ticket.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

FSC/Setenta
NFL RedZone Channel

All easily worth the cost.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:00 AM   #8
Galaril
Pro Starter

I don't get any s[ports package and this time.

NFL - Season Ticket - I was looking to get this finally this year but first the price seemed ridiculous and not being a past customer they Direct TV offered no incentive for me pony up the dough. Now that my Titans wheels have come off the wagon which was the team I would of been watching.
NBA tv package- I was thinking of getting this and compared to the NFL it is more reasonable but still even with the early bird special at $160 a little expensive. The value is questionable since TNT, ESPN and the NBA Channel show alot of games free I think unless they NBA TV games get blacked out by Direct TV.
Baseball- no interest since plenty of free game on TV and with some many outside activities here I don't have the time to sit and watch a game for 4 hours.

Last edited by Galaril : 10-23-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #9
LloydLungs
College Prospect

I get NBA League Pass and MLB Extra Innings (switching to mlb.tv + Roku box next season). I mooch off a relative's Sunday Ticket. What can I say? I just love having unlimited choices, and if I limit myself to free games on regular channels, I'm going to be seeing the same few teams over and over again.

I used to get ESPN Full Court as well but with my cable company signing on to ESPN360, I'm content to just watch the online feeds this year at no extra charge.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:54 PM   #10
rowech
Pro Starter

MLB Extra Innings, to me anyway, is easily the best value and is the only one I subscribe to. I think NHL and NBA are valuable and would get them if I cared about their sports more. The NFL's price is a joke. Why anyone buys that, I have no idea.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #11
Qrusher14242
High School JV

i get the Sports package on Directv that has FSC and GOLTV. I also always get MLB Extra Innings
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #12
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NFL Sunday Ticket is my only ordered sports package. As a life long Eagles fan living in Louisiana, this was a no brainer for me. I don't care enough about any other sport/team to get a season package.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:20 PM   #13
lungs
Pro Rookie

NFL Sunday Ticket, as a Cowboy fan in Wisconsin is necessary. Also love the DirecTV Redzone channel when the Cowboys aren't playing.

MLB Extra Innings I don't get my money's worth from, but probably did last year when the Brewers were in a pennant race.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #14
Ryan S
Quarterback

Sky Sports (UK TV channels)
MLB.tv - In the UK we also get full coverage of the playoffs and the blacked out national broadcast games in our subscription.

Last edited by Ryan S : 10-23-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #15
Raiders Army
Coordinator

NFL Sunday Ticket
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #16
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Sunday Ticket and the NCAA March Madness as that is my high gambling month of the year. (Jan NFL playoffs close second)
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 09:06 PM   #17
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Currently have the sports package on DirecTV, so good for Fox Soccer and Gol. I have MLS DirectKick and NFL Sunday Ticket as well.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #18
Schmidty
Coordinator

Sunday Ticket

NBA League Pass

NHL Center Ice

MLB Extra Innings

Now that I get the Big Ten Network, I don't have to subscribe to the college ones.

I am obsessed. But the sad thing is that I generally end up only watching my own teams, although I watch or record every single one of my teams games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastWhiteSoxFanStanding View Post
Just wondering what packages people think is worth the money, what you have no interest in and what you would like to get but is too expensive.

I pay for MLB and NBA Broadband. I feel like they are good values and I have a cord that can connect my laptop to a tv.

I was thinking about getting Sunday Ticket, but it was too expensive and I didn't want to do a two year commitment for directv

College sports I am happy with what is offered so there is no need to pay extra there and I dont have an interest in soccer, hockey or jai lai :-)
Old 10-23-2009, 09:45 PM   #19
stevew
Hall Of Famer

None. I don't have time to watch them.

I'd switch to Direct and get the ticket and the NBA Pass if I had a better schedule.
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #20
Terps
College Prospect

MLB.tv since I live 3 hours away from Baltimore. Giants are always on here, so no need for Sunday Ticket. Any other games or teams I like in other sports that I want to watch I can find on the computer somehow.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:30 PM   #21
Telle
College Starter

We get NFL Sunday Ticket since RendeR is a Bengal's fan and we're in Buffalo.

We also picked up Center Ice this season because we got it for half off after complaining to DirectTV about them dropping Versus.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:00 AM   #22
cougarfreak
College Starter

MLB EI for me...........I'm considering getting Center Ice, I've never been a huge hockey fan, but I have gotten to the point I can't even watch basketball, and I need some sport to watch in the winter.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote