Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-29-2004, 11:55 AM   #1
korme
Go Reds

Swaziland is a weird place

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?newsl...52432&set_id=1

Bus conductors in Swaziland have vowed to assault and rape female passengers who wear mini-skirts, sparking outrage among women's groups in the conservative African kingdom.

The threat followed this week's arrest of two conductors and a bus driver who were charged with indecently assaulting an 18-year-old high school pupil.

The pupil was attacked at a bus rank in Manzini, Swaziland's commercial centre, by a group of men who shouted at her for wearing a miniskirt, cut it off and then gangraped her, witnesses told local media.

About 1 000 women marched on the bus rank on Thursday to protest against the attack. They were met by bus crews carrying signs reading: "We'll get them with our brushes" - a reference to the reported use of a brush handle in the rape.

A bus conductor calling himself only Licandza said: "Women who wear miniskirts want to be raped, and we will give them what they want..."

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 11:59 AM   #2
wade moore
lolzcat

wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:06 PM   #3
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quite a vow.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 12:17 PM   #4
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

w13rd05
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 04:14 PM   #5
The Afoci
Pro Rookie

I am going to wear a miniskirt on a bus in Swaziland. Then when they come at me all penis happy, I will fight them off with a penis of my own. They will then elect me president and I will get all the women.
Old 09-29-2004, 05:44 PM   #6
SoxWin
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?newsl...52432&set_id=1

A bus conductor calling himself only Licandza said: "Women who wear miniskirts want to be raped, and we will give them what they want..."

These fuckers should all be shot or raped with a broom themselves. Or both I suppose.
SoxWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:46 PM   #7
Suicane75
Coordinator

Thats odd logic they got over there in Swaziland.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:46 PM   #8
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxWin
These fuckers should all be shot or raped with a broom themselves. Or both I suppose.

Eh.... that's a bit of a kneejerk reaction that would only escalate the problem. There's probably some sort of cultural factor that's causing this... which is what really needs to be addressed rather than the Rambo Retaliation approach.
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 05:50 PM   #9
SoxWin
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
Eh.... that's a bit of a kneejerk reaction that would only escalate the problem. There's probably some sort of cultural factor that's causing this... which is what really needs to be addressed rather than the Rambo Retaliation approach.

Kneejerk? Most assuredly. Maybe not all of them, but the pricks who have already committed rape deserve no better. Since Swaziland is a monarchy, it would be awfully tough to change the culture of the place I would guess.
SoxWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 06:27 PM   #10
JeeberD
General Manager

Shorty wants to be a busdriver in Swaziland, eh?

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2004, 10:51 PM   #11
korme
Go Reds

guilty
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 08:44 AM   #12
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde
You're right. I think we should get back to the ship and nuke them from space. It's the only way to be sure.

On a more serious note, I find this kind of thing unfathomable.