Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-14-2004, 03:17 PM   #1
Tom E
H.S. Freshman Team

The 50 Million Dollar Gamble

If Pedro Martinez can win a World Series ring in NEW YORK with the Mets, he ensures himself to be remembered as an all-time great. After winning last year with Boston, if he can up stage Geaorge Steinbrener and lead the Mets to a WS victory. After their long standing back and forth bickering, it would be kind of thing movies are made from...

I'll Never Forget What's Her Name...

A Democrat is Somebody who Knows the Issues, a Republican is Somebody who Understands the Issues...

Tom E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 03:29 PM   #2
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Disaster movies, you mean....
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 03:35 PM   #3
vtbub
College Starter

I'd root for that.

vtbub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 03:41 PM   #4
Pyser
Pro Rookie

id take that gamble. not on pedro, but on me. give me 50-mil, and ill try my hardest to win the mets a world series, too.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:46 PM   #5
Shepp
High School Varsity

It will take a whole lot more then an aging Pedro to get the Mets into the World Series.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:48 PM   #6
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FYI Mets fans: WEEI here in Boston just had a physical therapist on. She said she has worked on hundreds and hundreds of labrum tears in her career, and that if Pedro really does have even a SLIGHT tear there's no way he'll make four years, and he'll be lucky to make two. She says the only reason he's holding up now is because of the extra strengthening he's done to his back and shoulder, but that eventually that will cease to be able to help and he'll start loosing velocity and be shot as a big league pitcher. Unless he were to opt for surgery (is there even surgery that can correct it? There must be...it's like the meniscus in the knee...)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:50 PM   #7
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
FYI Mets fans: WEEI here in Boston just had a physical therapist on. She said she has worked on hundreds and hundreds of labrum tears in her career, and that if Pedro really does have even a SLIGHT tear there's no way he'll make four years, and he'll be lucky to make two. She says the only reason he's holding up now is because of the extra strengthening he's done to his back and shoulder, but that eventually that will cease to be able to help and he'll start loosing velocity and be shot as a big league pitcher. Unless he were to opt for surgery (is there even surgery that can correct it? There must be...it's like the meniscus in the knee...)

well yes there is surgery to correct labrum problems. Actually, Curt Schilling had minor surgery to correct a problem with his labrum. Though that was not to correct a torn labrum. Gil Meche has had surgery to correct a torn labrum and has come back to pitch in the major leagues.
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 09:00 PM   #8
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

let's see - stopped being a Dodger fan around the time they traded Pedro and Piazza.

am I supposed to become a Mets fan now?